MonaroSS exiles himself from GMI

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MonaroSS exiles himself from GMI

GMI Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,474 Posts

MonaroSS exiles himself from GMI

We for all you who thought GMI censorship has done you a hardship, count me amongst your ranks.

An Administrator just locked the thread below after a vile accusation was made against me, giving that as the last word and myself no opportunity to defend myself.

It has been great being a part of this community and I'm glad my efforts through Bob Lutz got GMI a better relationship with GM that should serve the site well into the future.

But without a remedy to this I can't condone it with my further participation…. Sorry.

https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...71/index5.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Mustapha Mond's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Fiat 500; Piper Seneca

Re: MonaroSS exiles himself from GMI

To be fair MonaroSS, the subject matter would make any mod wary. Don't take your ball and leave over it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mustapha Mond For This Useful Post:

camaro_freak (09-13-2014)

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks

MonaroSS, I would hope you would reconsider your decision to leave. People get attacked all the time on here, and nearly everyone puts no import to it. I hadn't even read the topic until you pointed it out above.
    I understand your position on being attacked. I too have been attacked, mostly for being a Midwesterner and as a Cadillac apologist and occasionally for being a doctor.
    My approach has been to stick to cars, the reason I came in in the first place. Please consider returning to the discussion of cars, where you have made many worthwhile contributions.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

MonaroSS, please stay! I value your insights and even handed approaches to issues. I'm also sorry I posted the article that led to this. My original intent was for there to be a discussion on how a convicted criminal of a vile crime is being let off because of legal technicalities, and how celebrity status seems to excuse even the more heinous of crimes.
    Last edited by Avalanche13; 07-16-2010 at 11:15 AM.
    2014 Silverado 4x4 LTZ

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 RamJet502's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2001 Chevy Silverado

I wouldn't take it too seriously. You're an asset to GMI, people know that.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

The two of you were obviously upset about something. Without taking sides, as I feel both of you made good arguments along the way (at least at times), I think it's safe to say that neither of you were going to win that argument.

I come across people all the time that, for lack of a better term, are just on a different wavelength than myself. JayC, whoever he is, probably spared you a lot of frustration in the long run.

I know why you're upset, but I wouldn't sweat it. I don't think anyone that read through that is going to think any less of either of you.

I hope you don't go over something like this. You seem like a really good guy and I always look forward to reading your posts.
    Last edited by 2648562; 07-16-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

This will be made right MonaroSS. Just wait until I am back on a PC (mobile right now) and the hammer will come down on what has happened. I'm just as unhappy about this as you.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks

I'm not a fan of restrictions, but since this is a car forum, maybe there should be more emphasis on cars and less on off-topic discussions, including sex, politics and religion.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 PA Dweller's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to grow a thicker skin man. In my time here (Especially when I was more of a noob) I had a lot of spats with people who I didn't agree with. My passion for certain subjects even got me an infraction a few years back. But I didn't let it get to me. I got over it and forgot about it after a few days. Big deal, let it go and move on. Just like all internet forums you will come across block heads, trolls, and generally unpleasant people. GMI is no different and you have to let it roll off you and believe me by my nature that isn't easy for me to do but other than sulking, running away, or blowing up in a public forum what other options do any of us have?
    Last edited by PA Dweller; 07-16-2010 at 11:18 AM.
    Can you guess what he's going to do with the big fist? Hidden Content

Banned
    Thanks

Hammer? Hmmm. That JayC administrator seems like a very powerful individual to me. With only 5 posts and such . . . authority.

I knew better and stayed away from that thread (actually I didn't even open it until today for the first time). I am easily swept away by that type of discussion.

I have to side with Monaro SS, the injustice was ridiculously blatant.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) johnstarnes's Avatar
    Thanks

Monaro, your posts are a prime reason I visit GMI too often. Your chops blow my mind. I hope you will let NSAP fix this and come back. I might even grovel and beg! John
    "The only normal people are the ones you don't know well". unknown

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 tomcat_cool17's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS

Please don't let e-bullies or guys with big forum ego's affect your time and attention. Stay and just ignore. This is still a forum where people can hide and yell behind veils.
    "This is supposed to be a free market. If consumers need fuel efficient cars, it's their responsibility to buy efficient cars."
    2007 Saturn Ion QC 2.4
    2014 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 1,243 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

I thought only MikMak was going to mod threads in the Snake Pit?
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

Thanks
    My Ride
    Guzzi Monza Alfa Romeo 156SW

I saw the Polanski thread, a touchy subject to say the least. Mixed emotions about it, admiring at least two of his films (Rosemary's Baby and Chinatown)... What I can say, from this side of the Atlantic, is that I noticed a couple of times that MonaroSS has something valuable to contribute to a thread. Recently, it was about Ecomotors I believe. I would miss that, MonaroSS!
    Hidden Content GeneratinGMobilizing
    Hidden Content

Banned
    Thanks

Ahhh, don't worry Monaro- nsap will clear you of all your wrongs on that thread. Unlike us little worthless members who get demerits with no warnings.

Gotta love the bull**** that goes on here.

19. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information