Links in a thread are coming up as supsect

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Links in a thread are coming up as supsect

  1. #1
    Chevrolet VOLT
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dandenong (Melbourne) Australia
    Posts
    10,286
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanked 805 Times in 584 Posts
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

    Links in a thread are coming up as supsect

    Hi Guys

    Please look at the thread "The Lounge" "VW and Audi diesel cars sit in a desert graveyard".
    The link posted by InCogKneeToe gets me a security warning (I use Firefox on Ubuntu 16.04).
    I found a similar article and posted a link to it and when I went back to show a colleague this link now gives the same security warning.
    Any ideas what is happening.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 nyminute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 149 Times in 86 Posts
    My Ride
    Equinox/2019/Pacific Blue

    Re: Links in a thread are coming up as supsect

    Its an MSN.com site . Should be fine. This indicates possibly your security settings are too high on your web browser or if your using a separate web protection such as Malwarebytes it may be blocking certain sites. Way to find out if its your firefox is simply use another web browser to open the site in question. If that works you know its your browser. Step 2 a bit more complicated. I have a hunch its the browser.

  4. #3
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 JimmyDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,093
    Thanks
    1,798
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,202 Posts

    Re: Links in a thread are coming up as supsect

    Anything in the lounge has this, whether it's a link, or a photo that has been linked will trigger the warning just by opening the thread.

    That ****hole is a cesspool of herpes and syphilis.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Chevrolet VOLT
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dandenong (Melbourne) Australia
    Posts
    10,286
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanked 805 Times in 584 Posts
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

    Re: Links in a thread are coming up as supsect

    Quote Originally Posted by nyminute View Post
    Its an MSN.com site . Should be fine. This indicates possibly your security settings are too high on your web browser or if your using a separate web protection such as Malwarebytes it may be blocking certain sites. Way to find out if its your firefox is simply use another web browser to open the site in question. If that works you know its your browser. Step 2 a bit more complicated. I have a hunch its the browser.
    If I open it outside of GMI it works fine. It is only within GMI that the problems exists.
    The AFR link is the Australian Financial Review which is a trusted site.

  7. #5
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 nyminute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 149 Times in 86 Posts
    My Ride
    Equinox/2019/Pacific Blue

    Re: Links in a thread are coming up as supsect

    Quote Originally Posted by chinamonty View Post
    If I open it outside of GMI it works fine. It is only within GMI that the problems exists.
    I just clicked on all the links in the lounge area to see if "****hole is a cesspool of herpes and syphilis' as the last member Jimmy so eloquently wrote lol. Doesnt appear to be with my browser Microsoft Edge which would lead me to believe its in your settings for this GMI website. I dont use Firefox. However in your settings there should be a setting to allow popups or links for this site. Hopefully someone who does use your browser will come to your rescue. It is usually a minor fix.

  8. #6
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    9,633
    Thanks
    12,065
    Thanked 3,424 Times in 2,220 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: Links in a thread are coming up as supsect

    Quote Originally Posted by chinamonty View Post
    If I open it outside of GMI it works fine. It is only within GMI that the problems exists.
    The AFR link is the Australian Financial Review which is a trusted site.
    The Weather Thread over in the lounge does the same thing setting off a security warning so I'm think it a GMI problem within the lounge category.

  9. #7
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 nyminute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 149 Times in 86 Posts
    My Ride
    Equinox/2019/Pacific Blue

    Re: Links in a thread are coming up as supsect

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    The Weather Thread over in the lounge does the same thing setting off a security warning so I'm think it a GMI problem within the lounge category.
    what browser you use?

  10. #8
    Chevrolet VOLT
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dandenong (Melbourne) Australia
    Posts
    10,286
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanked 805 Times in 584 Posts
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

    Re: Links in a thread are coming up as supsect

    Quote Originally Posted by nyminute View Post
    I just clicked on all the links in the lounge area to see if "****hole is a cesspool of herpes and syphilis' as the last member Jimmy so eloquently wrote lol. Doesnt appear to be with my browser Microsoft Edge which would lead me to believe its in your settings for this GMI website. I dont use Firefox. However in your settings there should be a setting to allow popups or links for this site. Hopefully someone who does use your browser will come to your rescue. It is usually a minor fix.
    I have tried links in other sections of the forum and they work fine, so I doubt that it is my browser.

  11. #9
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 nyminute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 149 Times in 86 Posts
    My Ride
    Equinox/2019/Pacific Blue

    Re: Links in a thread are coming up as supsect

    Quote Originally Posted by chinamonty View Post
    I have tried links in other sections of the forum and they work fine, so I doubt that it is my browser.
    Sorry I cant help you better. I tried all the links and the one in question in Microsoft Edge the browser I use and it seems to work fine. Good luck resolving issue.

  12. #10
    Administrator Premium Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 110 Times in 63 Posts

    Re: Links in a thread are coming up as supsect

    I was not able to recreate this error message using Firefox. If you run into it again can you post a screenshot including the URL for us to check?

    Thanks!
    ~Austin

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Front End Links on 2004 Grand Prix GTP
    By Mitch GTP in forum Letters To GM
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 08:03 PM
  2. Allusive & Favorite Automotive Links
    By surferdude00711 in forum General Car Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 12:53 AM
  3. eBay Wholesale Links
    By jro4566 in forum General Car Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 04:34 AM
  4. Employment Links?
    By frenstall in forum GMINews.com Site Feedback and Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2