Double standards on GMI.....needs to change.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double standards on GMI.....needs to change.

Banned
    Thanks

Double standards on GMI.....needs to change.

I find it awful ironic that I have had not 1, but 2 different removals of my signature. The first was about a year ago and was a quote from a politician. It was removed and I was reprimanded. Lately I put up a sig that was "politically offensive" or whatever and was given a point system reprimand. This really is no big deal, however I find it really irritating when I see other members that get to post other political signatures. This really set me off tonight when I see nadepalma- a mod on here- with 2 or 3 different political statements.

I only ask that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Clean the sigs up from everyone else that is in the wrong or you will continue to read my rants. Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 'Vette Dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Double standards on GMI.....needs to change.

My sig has never been offensive, but I was asked to make it smaller. Mine is now the correct size, but I still see people with sigs bigger than my old one!
    2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    2008 Saturn Aura 3.5
    2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4T

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 goblue's Avatar
    Thanks

NSAP seems to be taking this sort of thing pretty seriously. You might PM him about it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by likearock00 View Post
    I find it awful ironic that I have had not 1, but 2 different removals of my signature. The first was about a year ago and was a quote from a politician. It was removed and I was reprimanded. Lately I put up a sig that was "politically offensive" or whatever and was given a point system reprimand. This really is no big deal, however I find it really irritating when I see other members that get to post other political signatures. This really set me off tonight when I see nadepalma- a mod on here- with 2 or 3 different political statements.

I only ask that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Clean the sigs up from everyone else that is in the wrong or you will continue to read my rants. Thank you!
    I was indirectly involved in the removal of your last signature that got you a Sig violation point. I never felt it warranted my direct involvement, but I did point out your sig to a moderator to deal with. That Mod kept me clued in on the ordeal that was made out of a seemingly small issue. Ironically the sig point that sparked this thread is already expired.

From what I gather this was a case of "well I have been a member here XX amount of years and should not be treated like this." Do not think for a second that we do not appreciate the fact that some of our members have been long time patrons of this site. No one understands better than the Staff and myself that the members are what have made this site. WE GET IT, I assure you. However I will not ever call for special treatment on long-time members when it comes to rules. You speak of double-standard, that would be exactly the case if we did such. That card, played with me involved, will never get you anywhere. This site does not operate off of the "good ole' boy" system, never will. The Staff and myself are here to treat everyone on as equal footing as we can when it comes to the rules. Are we perfect? Hell no, we're still human. But we're all out to make sure we can make as many members happy with the site as possible.

As for nadepalma, I have removed two of the quotes from his signature. The third is not political. He has had those in place since before we even enforced signature rules. Nadepalma, I think this goes without saying, does not partake in political discussion on the site to any degree. He is here for the automotive discussion (like one should be).

I encourage you to continue to report political content when you see it. The Staff does -NOT- see everyone's signature. I know I am guilty of not even noticing signatures when I'm viewing threads as I'm looking at the thread content.

Quote Originally Posted by goblue View Post
    NSAP seems to be taking this sort of thing pretty seriously. You might PM him about it.
    I am. I will say it again, contact me with issues. They will be addressed in a fair manner.
    Last edited by nsap; 07-29-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Once again, Nadepalma has signatures that are outside of the "GMI laws". I guess he doesn't learn from his mistakes. I guarantee he doesn't get any demerits though....

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Once again, Nadepalma has signatures that are outside of the "GMI laws". I guess he doesn't learn from his mistakes. I guarantee he doesn't get any demerits though....
    Funny you bring that up. Yesterday a Moderator copy and pasted that quote into an IM to me and asked if I thought it was okay. The mod did not tell me who had it. I said "It's fine."

What is this, 5th grade?

Thanks

I have them turned off. Sigs are a waste of bandwidth, IMO.

Dang, nsap, i didn't realize I joined the same time you did!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    Funny you bring that up. Yesterday a Moderator copy and pasted that quote into an IM to me and asked if I thought it was okay. The mod did not tell me who had it. I said "It's fine."

What is this, 5th grade?
    No Nsap, it's not fifth grade. It's getting really pissed off that Chevyrules gave me an infraction because I had a political signature. It's really pissed off because Nadepalma- a Mod- doesn't need to follow the rules and gets no penalty. I take my name very personally and an infraction burns my ass and my self image.

I was told by Chevyrules that if I see someone violating the sig rule that I should report it. I forwarded it him, and nothing was done. So now I went public with it so everyone could see the hypocracy that exsists here. If he's not violating anything, I'm putting mine back up. So sorry if it offends a freakin democrat!

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

No Nsap, it's not fifth grade. It's getting really pissed off that Chevyrules gave me an infraction because I had a political signature. It's really pissed off because Nadepalma- a Mod- doesn't need to follow the rules and gets no penalty. I take my name very personally and an infraction burns my ass and my self image.

I was told by Chevyrules that if I see someone violating the sig rule that I should report it. I forwarded it him, and nothing was done. So now I went public with it so everyone could see the hypocracy that exsists here. If he's not violating anything, I'm putting mine back up. So sorry if it offends a freakin democrat!
    It was nearly a year ago. Move on from it. Don't be mad at ChevyRules, I made the call...not him.

Nadepalma removed the quote on his own accord apparently (as I'm not seeing it), so perhaps we can calm down now...

Thanks

nobody reads sigs anyway.
    Hidden Content

My Rides (2013 Chevrolet Volt, 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Baja):
    Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie
    "I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." - Mitch Hedberg ...

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

I have signatures turned off, so I can't even see my sweet 1956 Buick that's crashed into a 1950s picket fence.

However, I think what the point of contention here is not so much the infraction, but that a moderator/staff member was given the courtesy of no infraction assigned. Sounds like cronyism.

I'm not taking a side, though, since 1) I don't see sigs, so I don't know what nadepalma or likearock00 had and 2) I don't know what was said in PM.

I hope it gets resolved, because it's never good to have great feel like they were slighted.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ChevyRules's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Saturn Aura XR

Quote Originally Posted by Buick61 View Post
    I have signatures turned off, so I can't even see my sweet 1956 Buick that's crashed into a 1950s picket fence.

However, I think what the point of contention here is not so much the infraction, but that a moderator/staff member was given the courtesy of no infraction assigned. Sounds like cronyism.

I'm not taking a side, though, since 1) I don't see sigs, so I don't know what nadepalma or likearock00 had and 2) I don't know what was said in PM.

I hope it gets resolved, because it's never good to have great feel like they were slighted.
    We can't infract other moderators.

I did PM nadepalma and asked for him to remove it. I should have replied to likearock saying I dealt with it so I will apologize for that.

Also, as mentioned in the first post, he had two political sigs removed. The first one wasn't infracted( I do not know who removed it though). The 2nd one was a 2nd offense which then I infracted him for.
    Last edited by ChevyRules; 04-07-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks

If vbulletin allows you to put in the signature, does that make it GMI-legal?

Edit: I just read the rules and I do not have any images in my signature line, so as far as I can tell, even though I may have unintentionally created the most obnoxious signature line at GMI, it appears to be perfectly legal. Perhaps it's time for a rule "enhancement"?
    Last edited by plane; 04-07-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) t-rex's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 Jaguar XF, 2009 Ford Flex

I didn't think anybody even read signatures. I must be too much of a neat freak, because I find them sloppy, distracting, and an outright PITA when I'm trying to navigate a thread.

Instead of all this catfighting, might as well just disable them. Nip all this crap in the bud in one fell swoop.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,036 Times in 3,400 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

local politics..

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information