Deeply Disappointed

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deeply Disappointed

Thanks

Deeply Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Administrator
    You have been banned from thread 'Review: 2011 Ford Fiesta SES 5MT'.
    This thread is part of forum Ford Motor Company Discussion.

Reason given for this ban:
    If you have issues with Autosavant, please bring it up with them on their own site. GMI isn't the place to bring up issues with Autosavant.

Ban duration is: Permanent

(Please do not reply to this message)
    I recently placed a single post in a thread involving a review of the 2011 Ford Fiesta. The review showed a specific lack of professionalism and I pointed out specifically why the review falls short, including posting pictures from the review. To my utter amazement, my post is deleted.

Since when is GMI the place for censorship? I'm amazed and deeply disappointed. Is there no room for critical review? Having first-hand experience with the I-5 commute, I was particularly galled at the reference
    to traveling at 90 mph with two anxious children, only to arrive two hours early for the ferry. Words don't describe the disrespect and condescension I feel for someone that would drive like that, especially with kids aboard.

Next up was the sock feet on the dash. That's crap journalism in full color.

Those are objective observations, and quite honestly, I thought the review was quite half-assed.

If had made it a habit of flaming autosavant, that's one thing. But that's clearly not the case. If I had made more than a single post, I might even stretch to understand why you might want to limit my participation in the thread. But to delete a single critical, factual post? Come on.

When I make single critical post and that is deleted without rhyme or reason, my only possible conclusion is that someone can't stand the heat and is resorting to censorship. And then to follow up with the anonymous text message? Seriously?

So, my question is what is GMI going to allow in terms of critical review? When does someone cross the line with critical review to a post that must be deleted?

Will you force me to always proffer pleasantries for an autosavant review posted on GMI, even one that is far less than professional?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Deeply Disappointed

Just to be clear, the order that this transpired was the following:

1) plane placed a single post, highly critical of the review.
    2) Someone anonymous deleted that post, without notifying anyone.
    3) plane noticed that post was deleted without explanation.
    4) plane posted a follow up post indicating indignation for the lack of professionalism and overt censorship.
    5) plane banned from thread.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

I didn't see what you had posted what it seems like the folks in charge here are really starting to exercise their "power" (and not always rightfully.)
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Suburban 1500 4x4

I didn't see what was posted, but I can understand the disdain. The explanation seems silly as to why your comment was deleted. One should be able to "bring up issues" with the thread topic in that thread.

However if you were overly abusive...again didn't see it....I am saying if you were; I've seen the mods just delete the whole post instead of edit.

When I first joined GMI, I got scolded for being to "aggressive" in my postings. So I had to tone it down. lol
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by ledfoot73 Hidden Content
    It's simple, Toyota should recall all of the suspected vehicles and install 4 point safety harnesses, Roll cages, and maybe Hans devices.
    ^ Great quote! Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calgaryhhr View Post
    I didn't see what you had posted what it seems like the folks in charge here are really starting to exercise their "power" (and not always rightfully.)
    Maybe the folks in charge are just fond of the Fiesta???

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 marinerbc's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T

So is plane perma-banned now?

If so, please delete my account as soon as humanly possible, so that the Import folks this site is meant for can be spared my GM/North American rhetoric.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,036 Times in 3,400 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

I have an opinion, but I sensor it because I too have suffered such 'discrimination'.. there is some problems with censorship here.
    Sometimes you got to kiss

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Quickening's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Cadillac of my choosing

Sounds like a **** situation.
    Hidden Content

2013 Cadillac ATS, Cadillac demo...
    Past: 2012 Range Rover Evoque, 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think it goes without saying that comments about any review posted on the site are welcomed--good, bad, or otherwise. The majority of your comment was not even about the Fiesta review (which was the thread topic). It was your distaste for AutoSavant as an automotive outlet. If you have distaste for them, great, go tell them on their site. GMI isn't a conduit to bash other sites in general.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 marinerbc's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    I think it goes without saying that comments about any review posted on the site are welcomed--good, bad, or otherwise. The majority of your comment was not even about the Fiesta review (which was the thread topic). It was your distaste for AutoSavant as an automotive outlet. If you have distaste for them, great, go tell them on their site. GMI isn't a conduit to bash other sites in general.
    Valid point.

Is plane perma-banned then?

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marinerbc View Post
    Valid point.

Is plane perma-banned then?
    Plane is not banned in any capacity. His posts were simply deleted, nothing more.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

I didn't read what happened but if it happened like Plane suggested, then banning him from that thread is a bit much.

I don't want this site to be overtaken by trolls who are here solely to promote another brand and generate drama but I also don't want this to turn into such a gentle site that it's all balloons and party favors.

I see reviews from certain people and every time that person does a review they get slammed for not knowing what they are talking about. Same goes for the magazine reviews that don't go like someone wanted. Granted I didn't see Planes post but I don't see a difference when these individual reviewers or magazines get bashed unmercifully for their reviews.

I think we're all grown-ups here and if someone doesn't like something they should be more than welcome to voice that opinion. It's not like every time he gives his opinion he's bashing someone
    Last edited by big swede; 09-12-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    nsap, I understand and hear what you're saying.
    I respectfully disagree. My visceral reaction was to the 90 mph comment with 2 small kids in the back. I don't have the post in hand to debate the point, and I won't, but I will tell you that between the 90 mph with kids in the back and the sock feet on the dash pictures, I was thoroughly dismayed with the review. I've driven I-5 many times, I've seen that level of profound stupidity first-hand. That kind of Seattle driver will place his/her entire family in deaths grip, avoid disaster by bare milliseconds and never give it a second thought.

I don't visit autosavant and after reading that review I don't believe anyone in their right mind would visit it. The fact is, the autosavant editor posted the thread on GMI, making the entire review fair game.

If you want to prevent critical reviews of that nature, don't censor well-meaning posts, ban the autosavant editor from posting third-rate amateur articles on GMI.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Who cares? What happens, happens. We're all going to die one day.

I've entered my fatalism phase.

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    nsap, I understand and hear what you're saying.
    I respectfully disagree. My visceral reaction was to the 90 mph comment with 2 small kids in the back. I don't have the post in hand to debate the point, and I won't, but I will tell you that between the 90 mph with kids in the back and the sock feet on the dash pictures, I was thoroughly dismayed with the review. I've driven I-5 many times, I've seen that level of profound stupidity first-hand. That kind of Seattle driver will place his/her entire family in deaths grip, avoid disaster by bare milliseconds and never give it a second thought.

I don't visit autosavant and after reading that review I don't believe anyone in their right mind would visit it. The fact is, the autosavant editor posted the thread on GMI, making the entire review fair game.

If you want to prevent critical reviews of that nature, don't censor well-meaning posts, ban the autosavant editor from posting third-rate amateur articles on GMI.
    Annnddd had you posted in that thread like you did with the above, no one probably would have had an issue with it.

Calling the site "Single Savant, etc." in your post was pure bashing, not constructive discussion.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information