Reuss Expands Role as GM President, Executives Shuffle to Fill in the Gaps

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reuss Expands Role as GM President, Executives Shuffle to Fill in the Gaps

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Reuss Expands Role as GM President, Executives Shuffle to Fill in the Gaps

A major executive reshuffle is happening in the highest echelons of the General Motors empire, as President Mark Reuss expands his role. Named president in January of this year, Reuss will now oversee all of the company’s operating regions, including both of the Americas, China, and international. In this role, he will report directly to […]
    The post Reuss Expands Role as GM President, Executives Shuffle to Fill in the Gaps appeared first on GM Inside News.

More...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,680 Times in 3,242 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Re: Reuss Expands Role as GM President, Executives Shuffle to Fill in the Gaps

Just get your version of Ford Transit done bro. Ford is eating your Lunch, and while at it, Lincoln is out maneuvering Cadillac bro..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

Mr.Buttons (11-04-2019)

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,093 Times in 3,235 Posts

*YAWN* Reuss has so far disappointed me. I thought he had more guts.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Z284ever For This Useful Post:

Mr.Buttons (11-04-2019),posaune (11-04-2019),Self Reliance (11-03-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    A GM lifer with guts? Man, do not make me laugh in the afternoon...

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

Mr.Buttons (11-04-2019),Neanderthal (11-02-2019),neshapop (11-04-2019),Self Reliance (11-03-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 Times in 1,937 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

“I am thrilled to be able to hand over the keys to our Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply chain team to someone as talented and dedicated as Doug, who has been instrumental in leading the development of our electric and autonomous vehicle programs,” said Reuss in a statement. “He has an outstanding team in place that will keep this company moving forward.”
    Like, Oh Yippee should I be impressed or scared less?

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,573 Times in 4,094 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Like, Oh Yippee should I be impressed or scared less?
    Moving forward. That goes along with the old saw, "The future lies ahead." Color me excited!
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride

Lets see if he can give GMC the products GMC needs to compete with Jeep, and keep the black-wing in more cars

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (11-02-2019),Mr.Buttons (11-04-2019),Self Reliance (11-03-2019)

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,026 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Tough crowd here...while I actually am impressed with the moves GM has made.

Thanks for the heads up with regards to Mr Reuss.
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBsZ06 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (11-03-2019),richmond2000 (11-03-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 1,195 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    Tough crowd here...while I actually am impressed with the moves GM has made.

Thanks for the heads up with regards to Mr Reuss.
    the "crowd" mostly blames the "management" for the lack of any vehicles of interest from GM so when more internal "lifers" get shuffled yay we will give them a hard time

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richmond2000 For This Useful Post:

posaune (11-04-2019),Self Reliance (11-03-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by richmond2000 View Post
    the "crowd" mostly blames the "management" for the lack of any vehicles of interest from GM so when more internal "lifers" get shuffled yay we will give them a hard time
    Exactly, that was the gist of my comment above. They seem Hell bent on thinking they will be ahead of the game in going off in a direction the market is not quite ready for, and all the kinks are far from sorted out as in practical usage for all aspects of every day life in the full range of product needs in the world i.e. econoboxes to large commercial chassis heavy duties.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

Mr.Buttons (11-04-2019),Self Reliance (11-03-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Budget cars will stick around for as long as there are buyers out there who just want an affordable car that will just do the job – which, we guess, will be a long, long time.

With such vehicles, what you pay is what you get, so if you have minimal requirements, then perhaps a Suzuki Ignis is all you need.
    https://www.carscoops.com/2019/11/dr...ee-experience/ Quote taken from this story over at Carscoops. GM seems to think they don't need only but a paltry to non-existent showing in the US.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

Mr.Buttons (11-04-2019),Self Reliance (11-03-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Self Reliance's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    You don't make it up in the hierarchy by having guts. Unfortunately our system that incentivizes short term gains and quarter-over-quarter growth leaves little room for people with the integrity to do the right thing, because it takes time and requires long term thinking that Wall Street doesn't have the patience for.

Exactly, that was the gist of my comment above. They seem Hell bent on thinking they will be ahead of the game in going off in a direction the market is not quite ready for, and all the kinks are far from sorted out as in practical usage for all aspects of every day life in the full range of product needs in the world i.e. econoboxes to large commercial chassis heavy duties.
    A cheap econobox like the Spark is probably a better environmental purchase than a Tesla Model S too.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/11/dr...ee-experience/ Quote taken from this story over at Carscoops. GM seems to think they don't need only but a paltry to non-existent showing in the US.
    It is not only budget, some people want or need small cars. People who live in urban areas have different needs, and not everyone has a driveway big enough for a pickup truck.
    Last edited by Self Reliance; 11-03-2019 at 09:29 AM.
    26 + 6 = 1

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Self Reliance For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (11-03-2019),Mr.Buttons (11-04-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 1,195 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Quote Originally Posted by Self Reliance View Post
    You don't make it up in the hierarchy by having guts. Unfortunately our system that incentivizes short term gains and quarter-over-quarter growth leaves little room for people with the integrity to do the right thing, because it takes time and requires long term thinking that Wall Street doesn't have the patience for.
    IMHO that is how the "AMERICAN" companies ALL got owned by the JAPANESE companies the Japanese historically TAKE THE LONG view of "wholesome" growth

can you see GM/FORD/FCA spending the years to create the PRIUS and the "brand" goodwill it has with little chance of making money for the first 5 years

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to richmond2000 For This Useful Post:

mbukukanyau (11-04-2019),Mr.Buttons (11-04-2019),Self Reliance (11-04-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride

IMHO that is how the "AMERICAN" companies ALL got owned by the JAPANESE companies the Japanese historically TAKE THE LONG view of "wholesome" growth

can you see GM/FORD/FCA spending the years to create the PRIUS and the "brand" goodwill it has with little chance of making money for the first 5 years
    Volt is a perfect case in point, those that own one love it..GM was getting customers who would not consider Chevrolet otherwise, but out came the bean counters.. or repacking the last gen paid off excellent Cruze with a more expensive smaller Cruze.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

richmond2000 (11-04-2019),Self Reliance (11-04-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,427 Times in 909 Posts

GM has a knack for pulling the plug on cars and programs just when they are starting to build that "brand." Volt and Voltec are a great and resent example of this.
    Join the Code 130R Facebook Group! Hidden Content

"Trying to be the world's fastest trombonist is like trying to be the world's tallest midget."
    Alan Raph, NYC Bass Trombonist

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to posaune For This Useful Post:

richmond2000 (11-04-2019),Self Reliance (11-04-2019)

30. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information