Mid-Engine Corvettes are Great But What GM Needs is a Corvette SUV, Says Bob Lutz - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mid-Engine Corvettes are Great But What GM Needs is a Corvette SUV, Says Bob Lutz

Thanks

Re: Mid-Engine Corvettes are Great But What GM Needs is a Corvette SUV, Says Bob Lutz

I'm surprised no one picked up on is this line from the original Automotive News article:

If I were still at GM, what I would be pleading for now is, let's not try and take Cadillac upmarket. It has a price band of about $450 a month. That's what it's worth.

But the Corvette brand has unlimited daylight on the upside.
    That's super sad for Cadillac. Of course, it's not universally true, but still a sad overall statement.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 7,176 Times in 3,691 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Re: Mid-Engine Corvettes are Great But What GM Needs is a Corvette SUV, Says Bob Lutz

Though, per GMI, everyone will be highly confused by the new V Series, perhaps touching off a zombie apocalypse. Will expanding the Corvette name to a CUV bring about the very end of the world?

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,935 Times in 3,782 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Though, per GMI, everyone will be highly confused by the new V Series, perhaps touching off a zombie apocalypse. Will expanding the Corvette name to a CUV bring about the very end of the world?
    Yes. In 12 years. Mark your calendars.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-29-2019),rand49er (06-29-2019),Rumpole (06-30-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 1,000 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    Model E is a Mustang inspired crossover, maybe GM watches and sees if Ford crashes and burns before committing
    The concept is valid at ford although those that have seen and commented on the model E from Ford have said they are not that impressed with it. Thats a shame.

The concept of a hot rod porsche macan sized full ev awd soft roader when done correctly will be a hige hit.

Telsas model Y is from what Ive seen is a disaster on execution. Flat out ugly.

Hopefully the ford mission E is as capable and nowhere near as ugly.

Consider my insight to be a smaller lamborghini Urus type about the size of a macan and possibly not as lamborghini like in styling.

The mass vehicle manufacturer that grabs hold of such a styling and performance vehicle in full ev form will be rewarded with great success as both a halo vehicle for its entire lineup and in profits..l

Pricing should mimic standard corvette c7 pricing ..

Beginning as the porsche macan does at around 50 or 55 grand and moving upward with a pleathora of options .

Awd being standard of course.

This is all just one crazy enthusiasts opinion of course.
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    And all this time I thought it was Planet X that was going to do it.......No wonder why GM hassn't done so,they're saving the world!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Yes. In 12 years. Mark your calendars.
    How GM makes moves it'll be more like 50 years

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Anthony Evans's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Lutz is right. GM is again 10-15-20 years behind the power curve.

Porsche has utes. I rest my case.
    And so do Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati. Aston Martin is working on one too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Evans View Post
    And so do Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati. Aston Martin is working on one too
    And so does Cadillac,GMC,Buick and Chevy....

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information