Semi confirmed news on next gen 2014 trucks - Page 32

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 32 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi confirmed news on next gen 2014 trucks

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Cruze Diesel

Re: Semi confirmed news on next gen 2014 trucks

Sounds like from this article the tool and die makers are busy preparing for the 2014 model year

http://www.windsorstar.com/Vander+Do...767/story.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

BVonscott's original post and info confirmed by Mark Reuss himself - http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...EM04/120109810

FOD will be heading for FORD country I guess.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-JAY View Post
    Dang, deep down I was hoping the would build something like this, a real crewcab sport truck...man one can only wish.
    AND Sorry for the Big A$$ Picture...LOL
    We have one of those already, just go buy a 2WD Crew Cab Colorado with the 5.3.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlewis1340 View Post
    BVonscott's original post and info confirmed by Mark Reuss himself - http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...EM04/120109810

FOD will be heading for FORD country I guess.
    Well, the news that they will go on sale next year is consistent as well as that the Sierra / Silverado will in fact look different..Now, if we could just get some timelines on when we will be able to see both models. Given that the Sierra seems to be now pushing to a much higher price point, sounds like I should turn to Chevy for a great looking, functional, solid truck with a great gen V gas engine...Seriously. Would you expect a mid-trim Sierra with Diesel / Allison to price less than $60k?
    2002 Sierra 2500 HD dmax/allison

243,000 miles and counting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bvonscott View Post
    Fan of Durant, i had no intention of starting a passionate fire under you, its certaintly taking my words a little far. My information is certaintly legit. The GMC line, as they are now, will be sold to the masses as more upscale. The difference will be that GMC will absolutely have a different look, finally. GM has been wanting to do this for years. But i can assure you that Chevy will not be "dumbed-down". The styling set for Chevy from what I understood is like a "tough work truck" for everyone, but with all the massive engineering upgrades expected for this next gen under the skin. Both brands will have a basic truck to sell to work users. Both will have off road capable versions. Both will have mid-grade well equipped levels. But GMC will have the luxury Denali line and the hardcore off road All Terrain brand. You'll be able to get your upper level leather chrome-ed out Chevy that competes head on with all upper versions of Fords save the king ranch, which is where Denali comes in to beat them. But please understand that even though Chevy will have a badass work truck/sport truck look and not a "new" style for trucks look, and will be less highly styled, doesnt mean they are all of a sudden gunna suck. I have no doubt you will be more than pleased with the Silverado.

Seriously go look at the last few years of GMC concepts and you'll get a picture of whats coming for them. While Chevy hasnt had those concepts, you can see the DNA forming. GMC will go angular and architecturally proffesional, whereas chevy will be smooth, bold, and sporty.

Ive had to visually interpret what was said but thats the gist of it.
    Bvonscott and/or nsap et.al...Can any of the above, or the first post in this string be updated? Will the Sierra All-Terrain have for example, larger tires, custom rims?? will we be able to get an All-terrain and select engine, etc..

Thanks

Bump, Buehler? Buehler?

Quote Originally Posted by Break80 View Post
    Bvonscott and/or nsap et.al...Can any of the above, or the first post in this string be updated? Will the Sierra All-Terrain have for example, larger tires, custom rims?? will we be able to get an All-terrain and select engine, etc..

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Bvonscott's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra AllTerrain 6.2

Think of the All Terrain trim like any other trim in the lineup. Meaning it has different options available, inc engines. Its intention will be to fight the Raptor at some point. Because really, all GM needs to do to make a Raptor killer is put a couple grand in long travel suspension parts on even what they currently sell and you have them beat. The frame and chassis dynamics of even the current GMT900 platform is still superior to the F150.

Pictures will be released soon of the new trucks. We have to be patient. I havent seen the pictures either (as much as I tried to), I only have descriptions of how they look and how they drive. All signs point to this new generation beating the competition.
    Member of the: Real Truck Guys Club.

Thanks

Think of the All Terrain trim like any other trim in the lineup. Meaning it has different options available, inc engines. Its intention will be to fight the Raptor at some point. Because really, all GM needs to do to make a Raptor killer is put a couple grand in long travel suspension parts on even what they currently sell and you have them beat. The frame and chassis dynamics of even the current GMT900 platform is still superior to the F150.

I luv truck talk..can't wait..

Pictures will be released soon of the new trucks. We have to be patient. I havent seen the pictures either (as much as I tried to), I only have descriptions of how they look and how they drive. All signs point to this new generation beating the competition.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 cc1999's Avatar
    Thanks

I find all the talk of moving GMC upscale to be a little de, ja, vue. The Denali pkg has been sort of filling that niche for a decade or so now, I really don't see them doing much more then that when its all said and done. I know there are some pretty large commercial GMC dealers out there and they would be out of business if GMC no longer offered the WT, and SL pkg trucks. I will believe the upscale BS when I see it. It sounds good every time they do a redesign to talk up one brand this way and the other that way. But I bet when the new models hit and everything is said and done, we have about what we have now just newer versions of them. I am not complaining, I am always glad they off two choices, because one is usually really ugly to me and I generally like the other. Some years I like the Chevys better, others I like the GMCs better. I owned several 800 series Chevy Pickups but its been 100% GMC since the 900s hit the market, the 12' Chevy is not too bad, I like what they did with the front for 12's.
    2009 Black Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 with 6.2L
    2014 White RAM Regular Cab 1500 5.7 Hemi 8sp w/3.92's 4x4 Sport pkg
    2013 White RAM Crew Cab 2500 6.7L CTD 4x4 Laramie pkg

Thanks

So is the All-Terrain a F-150 fighter? or will this be a 2500 HD truck. Really wouldn't be interested in Raptor like mpg..

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Because really, all GM needs to do to make a Raptor killer is put a couple grand in long travel suspension parts on even what they currently sell and you have them beat.
    Will not happen. The Raptor killer Chevy prototype did not hold up in off pavement testing and was scrapped a few years ago. You seen the pictures but that is why it never made it to public release. The Raptor killer truck on the GMT900 frame just would not hold up without putting much more money into it that GM did not have at the time.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

So is the All-Terrain a F-150 fighter? or will this be a 2500 HD truck. Really wouldn't be interested in Raptor like mpg..
    Breaking news: Customers that spend 50k on a truck are not penny pinchers at the pump. They can afford 50 bucks more a month on fuel. GM makes the Cruze for that target group.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger 518 View Post
    Breaking news: Customers that spend 50k on a truck are not penny pinchers at the pump. They can afford 50 bucks more a month on fuel. GM makes the Cruze for that target group.
    when you are talking 8-10 mpg, hell yes I can be concerned. althought I didn't spend 50k on my 2002 Sierra Duramax/Allison, I get 19mpg commuting 80+ miles to work each day. I don't think it's too much to ask, given all of the new technology, and the suggestions that the gen V engines can achieve great efficiency, that 15-20mpg would be unreasonable

Thanks

What the hell only get's 8 mpg ?!?!

Last time I seen those numbers I was driving my K5 Blazer back and forth to college ..

Hummers I suppose as well ..

I don't think we have to worry about 8 mpg bud .
    2010 Silverado Ext cab, LONG BOX, 5.3L 4X4
    Hidden Content

Banned
    Thanks

Some more info if it hasn't already been posted. 8 speeds will be interesting for sure. Never dealt with that many gears before.
    Last edited by 454SSChevy; 01-19-2012 at 08:56 PM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 32 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread Information