Semi confirmed news on next gen 2014 trucks - Page 108

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 108 of 119 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1779

Thread: Semi confirmed news on next gen 2014 trucks

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Bvonscott's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra AllTerrain 6.2

Re: Semi confirmed news on next gen 2014 trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Break80 View Post
    bvonscott,,was the info on the Sierra relating to "you'll be blown away" a different version? possibly the HD? There really is not that significant of a difference in Silvy vs Sierra exterior styling. Can you provide some thoughts and editorial on what we have seen so far today..
    You are not blown away? I certainly am. They took a truck that was already the best looking in the segment and made it bigger, tougher looking, and much better than anyone else is offering. But I must remember, looks are subjective. I was told I would be blown away. I was. Not everyone will be though.
    Member of the: Real Truck Guys Club.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Here you go:

Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfDurant View Post
    I too like the trucks ChevyRacing48... Oops.. Bvonscott told me in a "WARNING" PM I cannot post in His thread or he will have me banned from GMI. I guess I'm banned.

Fraud. Just as I called it. I can't believe I left GMI over this guy last year.

Oh, and Slideways will have his pics next week comparing the frame rail height of the HD Silverado to the Super Duty. I'm not about to go take pictures at a dealer when salesman are hunting for prey. Nobody calls me a liar. Until then, well done GM.... Well done.
    Yes. I do want you banned. You are a troll. You cause arguments in every thread you post in. You are ignorant. You do not tell the truth. You are stuck in the past. Quite frankly you are basically an ornery grumpy old man. I hate to be so harsh but that is what I and most people think of you. It's not our fault, it is yours, because of what you write on this website.

And you have no right to call me a fraud. My sources do indeed work for General Motors. I have and always will withhold and/or modify the information given to me, without making it wrong, in order to protect their identity. I do not want to risk someones job by spilling the beans.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ab333 View Post
    Here you go:

Hmm. There is alot of mistakes in this guide.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bvonscott View Post
    I'm listening...please share what you can.

Thanks

You are not blown away? I certainly am. They took a truck that was already the best looking in the segment and made it bigger, tougher looking, and much better than anyone else is offering. But I must remember, looks are subjective. I was told I would be blown away. I was. Not everyone will be though.
    I've had to let it grow on me. The changes, both cosmetic and those that are more functional with respect to aero, rolled steel and the interior goodies are great. Yes, this was more than enough to ensure I will be purchasing a 2014 CC. I will need to see the sierra and silverado in person to do a final selection, so whatever they have planned for the 2500 HD's is what i"ll need to find out.
    2002 Sierra 2500 HD dmax/allison

243,000 miles and counting

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6.2 vortec max View Post
    <snip> like no ac/heater vents for the back <snip>
    They are under the front seats ...

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Yes. I do want you banned. You are a troll. You cause arguments in every thread you post in. You are ignorant. You do not tell the truth. You are stuck in the past. Quite frankly you are basically an ornery grumpy old man. I hate to be so harsh but that is what I and most people think of you. It's not our fault, it is yours, because of what you write on this website.

And you have no right to call me a fraud. My sources do indeed work for General Motors. I have and always will withhold and/or modify the information given to me, without making it wrong, in order to protect their identity. I do not want to risk someones job by spilling the beans.
    Please tell me you pulled through and banned him!

Like the Ext cab and 8 ft bed?

Quote Originally Posted by sklunk View Post
    They are under the front seats ...
    I am guessing those are heat ducts, what about ac to point at you in the hot summer? Back of the console, in the ceiling like the suv's?

The two things I don't like about the Sierra are the wheel well moldings, can they be removed or deleted? It is kind of cheap and out of place looking as well as another care point when they could fade in the Texas sun. Two, not a big fan of the projector headlights, I could do with or with out them but prefer with out.

Great job GM, hope they keep it available to get a well equipped mid-level truck (bose, dual ac and cloth seats). Does the Z71 come with 20's now? Please tell me no!

Tyler

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Silverado LTZ Max CC 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by amxguy1970 View Post
    Please tell me you pulled through and banned him!

Like the Ext cab and 8 ft bed?

I am guessing those are heat ducts, what about ac to point at you in the hot summer? Back of the console, in the ceiling like the suv's?

The two things I don't like about the Sierra are the wheel well moldings, can they be removed or deleted? It is kind of cheap and out of place looking as well as another care point when they could fade in the Texas sun. Two, not a big fan of the projector headlights, I could do with or with out them but prefer with out.

Great job GM, hope they keep it available to get a well equipped mid-level truck (bose, dual ac and cloth seats). Does the Z71 come with 20's now? Please tell me no!

Tyler
    Thats kinda what i was thinking on the vents also. My 04 had vents in the back of the console i dont see whats so hard about it. 20's are also an option on z71

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Well that Ordering Guide Shows some cool News, here are a few things i noticed

Looks Like Onstar is standard on all levels except 1WT
    Looks like there will be rear wheelhouse liners standard except on the WT
    The Active Noise Cancelation sounds interesting, but its only with the 6.2, im interested to see what exactly it does
    Looks like the High Country model will have color match front and rear bumpers (with not step)
    Looks like all the mirrors are going to be heated (Except 1WT), which is a plus
    Glad to see a 110V AC outlet available
    Like to see heated cloth seats available
    With the sunroof was available on the LT
    Like to see the power sliding window with defogger
    According to this the 6.2 is only available on the LTZ and High Country, the Max Trailering packages is available on the LT1 and LTZ1, but it says it comes standard with the 5.3L with the 6.2 as an option. Im confused about this
    Current Rides: 2007 Yukon Denali, 2010 BMW 335i xDrive , 1969 Chevelle Malibu, 1969 Chevy C20 (Current Project), 1977 Chevy K20 (Future Project)
    Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks

I'd like GM to offer the 6.2 on all models, not limited to higher-price models.
    Additionally, I favor stand-alone options, so you could individualize your vehicle without running up the cost.

DGA
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

I do like that the max trailering package is separate from the 6.2L now. It's something akin to the old F44 package that gave you more payload, a 9.5" diff, an extra leaf spring in the packs, a bigger master cylinder, and a transmission cooler. The shame is that the F44 package could be coupled to the Z71 package, which you can't do with this.

I don't like how you have to step up to a LTZ and High Country to get the 6.2L though. I also don't like that the 8-speed is not ready for 2014. I want the 5%-10% improvement in gas mileage.

And the deal breaker...the 8' bed seems not to be part of the package so far.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Show-Me View Post
    I'd like GM to offer the 6.2 on all models, not limited to higher-price models.
    Additionally, I favor stand-alone options, so you could individualize your vehicle without running up the cost.
    Agreed, Ford does a pretty good job of offering this. Not the engine aspect, but they recently have added the 6.2L to the FX4 trim. They need it to be offered in the Limited and the King Ranch too. But as far as the options, yes. Why can't GM let us have rear window defroster with cooled seats, or with a sunroof? Doesn't make sense at all. Maybe they fixed this with the upcoming versions, but I hate how if you want a few options in a particular package, you have to get all the unessentials it comes with. I am OCD about having faux buttons and empty spaces where controls and buttons would go, so please, this needs to stop.
    "If you truly wanted to save the environment, you would live in it, not on it." --KG

"Show me how to live, and I'll teach you how to die." --KG

Future President of The United States.

Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC DirtyLarry's Avatar
    Thanks

One almost wonders if the Automoblox truck was the design inspiration for the K2XX? Ah, well….I still like the ’14 and feel it is the first decent looking truck GM has made since 2002.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 cc1999's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DenaliHD66 View Post
    Agreed, Ford does a pretty good job of offering this. Not the engine aspect, but they recently have added the 6.2L to the FX4 trim. They need it to be offered in the Limited and the King Ranch too. But as far as the options, yes. Why can't GM let us have rear window defroster with cooled seats, or with a sunroof? Doesn't make sense at all. Maybe they fixed this with the upcoming versions, but I hate how if you want a few options in a particular package, you have to get all the unessentials it comes with. I am OCD about having faux buttons and empty spaces where controls and buttons would go, so please, this needs to stop.
    I believe the Ford 6.2L is availble from XLT-Limmited in 2013 crew and also not extended cabs. Fords been spreading the 6.2L out a bit more every year. For 2011-13 GM had done about the same, the Current GM 6.2 is available mid pack SLE cloth bench seat -SLT4. Looks like the 14's are going back to a premium pkg truck only. I am still not real crazy about either of these new pickup designs. I have praying the SUV's are better looking and that hopefully the 6.2L makes its way back to the Tahoe option list with part time 4 wheel drive like the one I have. I doubt I buy one if the 5.3L is all they offer.
    2009 Black Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 with 6.2L
    2014 White RAM Regular Cab 1500 5.7 Hemi 8sp w/3.92's 4x4 Sport pkg
    2013 White RAM Crew Cab 2500 6.7L CTD 4x4 Laramie pkg

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information