Semi confirmed news on next gen 2014 trucks

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 119 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi confirmed news on next gen 2014 trucks

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Bvonscott's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra AllTerrain 6.2

Semi confirmed news on next gen 2014 trucks

Here's some tid bits for ya, mostly good news. (I won't reveal my source or any specific info that would damage GM's competetive stance):

2014 trucks (release first quarter 2013)
    New non-turbo V6 across the board (likely LFX), around 315 Hp
    6 speed auto across the board, inc reg cabs, V6, etc
    This will give class leading MPG..... (25+mpg??? Hint Hint)
    4.8 liter a goner
    Gen V V8's: 5.3 liter, 350hp, more efficiency (DI, gears, etc)
    optional 6.2 liter, 425hp
    *E-assist coming to trucks*
    The best part: the Sierra looks PHENOMINAL and will blow people away, and doesnt look like a chevy, which will be the more "work truck" kinda feel and more "vanilla". Sorry Chevy guys. GM is aiming to increase GMC sales ALOT. Yukon/Tahoe is said to look several generations ahead of the current ones. Will also blow away competition.

Only thing I'm dissapointed with about the news is the low HP figure for the 5.3 liter. It needs to match the Ford 5.0.

*Please keep in mind this post is from 09-29-2011! Some of the insider source information has changed/been updated as GM has continued the development of the finalized truck. There is over 100+ pages of discussion for you to enjoy
    Last edited by Bvonscott; 12-12-2012 at 04:59 PM.
    Member of the: Real Truck Guys Club.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Canuck's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    09 CTS 3.6DI AWD, 05 Envoy

Re: Semi confirmed news on next gen 2014 trucks

Did you actually see the new trucks or are you repeating what your source said?

Banned
    Thanks

Any word on whether they will have AFM or not? If so, did they change/improve it? i.e. Make it 8/6 instead of 8/4 and make it stop consuming oil.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Even if this is all true, not that I doubt Bvonscott, these vehicles are still a year and a half away +/-... The competition, mainly Ford, is not going to be standing still with their trucks. GM has to bring their "A" game to the fight this time. Ford is deservedly taking much of the pick up market without having to give massive rebates like GM has over the past two years.

At the very least, the Tahoe and Yukon dominate their segment... They should continue to do so in the next generation.

I'm okay with the 5.3 producing 350hp, as long as the torque is there and the fuel economy is increased... Perhaps by 10%? Wishful thinking...

I am intrigued with the possibility of eAssist coming to GM's trucks. I am curious to see with which powertrain it's paired... 3.6? 5.3? As of right now, eAssist has been designed to work with the 2.4, with speculation that it may be engineered to work with the 3.6 and eventually the new 2.5.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Did you actually see the new trucks or are you repeating what your source said?
    Repeat. Imagine the HD concept mixed with Granite concept mixed with current HD's and the Terrain with some modern cues. LOL. Don't worry it'll knock your socks off

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by VMax2007 View Post
    Any word on whether they will have AFM or not? If so, did they change/improve it? i.e. Make it 8/6 instead of 8/4 and make it stop consuming oil.
    I'd assume AFM stays. It'd be too complicated and wouldnt provide enough extra MPG to do 8/6 so I wouldnt ever expect that. And it doesnt consume alot of oil in mine or most others, I think you have a unique problem (sorry about that man)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Quixote88 View Post
    Even if this is all true, not that I doubt Bvonscott, these vehicles are still a year and a half away +/-... The competition, mainly Ford, is not going to be standing still with their trucks. GM has to bring their "A" game to the fight this time. Ford is deservedly taking much of the pick up market without having to give massive rebates like GM has over the past two years.

At the very least, the Tahoe and Yukon dominate their segment... They should continue to do so in the next generation.

I'm okay with the 5.3 producing 350hp, as long as the torque is there and the fuel economy is increased... Perhaps by 10%? Wishful thinking...

I am intrigued with the possibility of eAssist coming to GM's trucks. I am curious to see with which powertrain it's paired... 3.6? 5.3? As of right now, eAssist has been designed to work with the 2.4, with speculation that it may be engineered to work with the 3.6 and eventually the new 2.5.
    Yes, GM is bringing their A game. So heres to hoping that the 5.3 does in fact have huge amounts of torque. It needs to stomp all over Ford and the rest since it is the high selling engine. I'd assume e-assist can be paired with any engine really, but I expect it will be on a "ECO" trim of the 3.6 LFX. Oh and you can pretty much take my info to the bank on my first post as of this time. NSAP can chime in here. Things may change by start of production but I doubt it as the development is well under way...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bvonscott View Post
    I'd assume AFM stays. It'd be too complicated and wouldnt provide enough extra MPG to do 8/6 so I wouldnt ever expect that. And it doesnt consume alot of oil in mine or most others, I think you have a unique problem (sorry about that man)
    Well, mine consumes no oil now, AFM has been disabled for the past 3 years or so.

It is most definitely NOT an isolated issue, it is very common. Oil consumption and faulty lifters. There was even a TSB for it and supposedly GM was designing new lifters, but I never heard if that actually happened or not.

Unless I hear that they fixed their crappy AFM design, it likely will be the only thing preventing me from buying a GM truck next time around. I am hoping/assuming it will be improved/fixed in the new engines though.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Quickening's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Cadillac of my choosing

Sounds about right. They want to distance Chevy from the "only makes gas guzzling trucks" and GMC commands some presence that makes people spend more money on them vs. Chevy.

I'm glad to hear Granite DNA is being put into the upcoming truck as it was fantastic.
    Hidden Content

2013 Cadillac ATS, Cadillac demo...
    Past: 2012 Range Rover Evoque, 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Canuck's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    09 CTS 3.6DI AWD, 05 Envoy

Quote Originally Posted by Bvonscott View Post
    Repeat. Imagine the HD concept mixed with Granite concept mixed with current HD's and the Terrain with some modern cues. LOL. Don't worry it'll knock your socks off
    Sounds very cool. Thanks for posting the information.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,566 Times in 3,775 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Can the 3.6L take truck duty?
    Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks

What about the 8 speed automatics that are supposed to go in trucks? Any word about that?

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,566 Times in 3,775 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Show-Me View Post
    What about the 8 speed automatics that are supposed to go in trucks? Any word about that?

From what I was told, it'll stay as 6 speed only. Any word on the Duramax?
    Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    From what I was told, it'll stay as 6 speed only. Any word on the Duramax?
    What have you been told about the genV V8s?

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,494 Times in 4,143 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

As long as they make a Tahoe Variant to go head to head with Land Cruiser and Patrol on the international market, complete with a Turbo Diesel V8 option and 8 speed...

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 119 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information