Rate the new Silverado's Design.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Poll: Rate the 2014 Silverado

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate the new Silverado's Design.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 SeetheUSA's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Dodge Durango

Rate the new Silverado's Design.

Great idea from the Corvette thread. How well do you think the new 2014 Silverado was designed?? 1-10 (10 being the best)
    Get used to more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Re: Rate the new Silverado's Design.

4. I seriously hope GM is hard at work with a "refresh" of their trucks; they're both already outdated and haven't even hit mass production yet. The GMC looks better, but the interior on both has some awful styling for the dash/center stack. I have seen both in person, I'm not commenting on pictures either.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 61BelAir's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the GMC Sierra should have been included into this poll. The Silverado gets a strong 7, maybe a weak 8, its definitely an improvement over the current gen Silverado. The Sierra is a 9 or 10.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 cc1999's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 61BelAir View Post
    I think the GMC Sierra should have been included into this poll. The Silverado gets a strong 7, maybe a weak 8, its definitely an improvement over the current gen Silverado. The Sierra is a 9 or 10.
    There is a seperate pole for the GMC
    https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...design-115812/

I am not a major fan of either one. The Chevy to me was most improved of the two, at least on exterior appearances. For me it couldnt help but be improved over the 900 Chevy's.

If I ever buy one of these it would likley be the Chevy, unless something changes when I am able to see all the different pkgs and what they look like in person.

The interiors I really like the functional improvements, I like the looks of the new seats, I hate the looks of the dash, I mean I really hate the looks of the dash, I like the funtional placement of things on the dash, but the apperance kills it for me. I hope to like the interior better when I finaly get a chance to sit in one and take it for drive. Some of the improved placements of things I noticed were the higher position for the NAV screeen, I am sure that is much better when using the backup camera, things of that nature, and the fact it's a larger screen too and it also seems to have more features now. I also like the improved center display in the guage cluster. The seats do look like they would be more comforatable, the extra leg room in the back I am sure is a plus for anyone riding back there.
    2009 Black Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 with 6.2L
    2014 White RAM Regular Cab 1500 5.7 Hemi 8sp w/3.92's 4x4 Sport pkg
    2013 White RAM Crew Cab 2500 6.7L CTD 4x4 Laramie pkg

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Z51 Corvette

To show how much I like the new trucks, I have decided to keep my 2007 Silvy. Not enough of a change to spend my money on a new one. Anyone know when the next new model comes out?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    I wasn't wow'd at all....

6/10

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    2008 G8 Gt #825

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar PHAT-JAY's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate to say it but a 5...
    IF IT AINT RWD; AND A CHEVY I DONT RIDE IT!!!!!

ALL CHEVY'S NEED TO BE RWD!!!!!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Z51 Corvette

I hope the Silvy doesn't get a beat-down in reviews like the Malibu.

Supporting Vendor GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for creating this thread, SeetheUSA! While I'm sorry to see some of you have been disappointed, I do appreciate your feedback and will be documenting it so the proper GM teams can view it. I'm also happy to research any questions you may have about the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500's preliminary specifications. Please send me a private message anytime for further assistance!

Best,

Katie
    GM Customer Service
    Have you checked into GM Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit Hidden Content !

Follow us @Hidden Content on Twitter.

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit Hidden Content

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevrolet & Cadillac

What design means wasn't defined here. Frame design? Suspension design? Interior design? I assume this is a question on body design and 'looks'. So with that, I gave it a solid 6. Far better than the current Silverado with it's entire flared bed (who approved that???) and blatantly ripped off design from the Nissan Titan. Seriously, set them side by side. 3 piece bumper, flared front fenders and flared bed. It's all right there in plain sight. The biggest letdown from Chevrolet trucks in their near 100 year history.

This new one has a full 1 piece bumper right out of the gate and the entire damn bed isn't flared out. Only the arches around the wheel openings are flared as they should properly be. Now here's why I didn't give it a 10 and only a 6. I don't like big flare's. They look dumb. I would literally pay an extra few thousand dollars for an option to have the sides of my new truck have the Avalanche/Tahoe stampings with smaller flare's instead. Those are just like my 98 Silverado almost. Much cleaner and classier design. Or better yet, give me a nice clean round wheel arch pressing like what Ford and Dodge have. They are much like my 1967 Chevrolet truck I'm rebuilding. Very clean, very classy. I'm not fond of square wheel arch shapes in the first place but now they've been blown and puffed out. For that, this truck gets a 6. Clean those sides up and it gets an 8.5. Clean the sides up and make them round and it gets a solid 10.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    63 LeSabre

I gave a six overall.
    Too low, unless the pics are a terrible representation, it just doesn't compare in some levels of functionality with Ford.
    It may tow great, get decent mileage, etc, but I was really hoping for a major improvement. Like the GMT-400 intro.

Katie, with all due respect, GM is only listening to one part of the consumer public, allowing the rest to be served by competition. A package with a taller stance, bigger tires and actual off-road usefulness has been missing for a while. The Z71 is just a gimmick.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks

I don't feel I can rate it yet, because I haven't seen it. Vehicles frequently look different in person, some better, some worse, so if this poll is still on here when they come out and I see them, then I'll vote. Until then it's just a guess.

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevrolet & Cadillac

A package with a taller stance, bigger tires and actual off-road usefulness has been missing for a while. The Z71 is just a gimmick.
    So true. A sticker does not an off-road truck make. I hate gimmicks. Something to really take on the Power Wagon would be nice. We haven't had an off-road truck since 1987. I can get decent tires on my 98 and still have fairly good height. After that, you're on your own.

DGA
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

I'm surprised by you guys! What about the touted "legendary Z71" package... *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Cruze

The only thing I see I don't like is that there seems to be some areas of flat, cheap plastic still making it's way into the interior. My Cruze has a great interior, I would think a truck that will retail at more than 2x my car could match that.

I guess there is a little more chrome up front than I would usually care for, but it isn't like the 2013 with basically the entire front end chrome. I also prefer the GMC rims. If I knew I could get an exterior package similar to the current Z71 appearance that made the exterior monocolor and get the GMC wheels I would give it a 10.
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS - Manual & Connectivity

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information