Owner Feedback: 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and 2014 GMC Sierra - Page 16

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Owner Feedback: 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and 2014 GMC Sierra

b4z
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 Pontiac GTO, 2014 SRX

Re: Owner Feedback: 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and 2014 GMC Sierra

Color coat not adhering to the primer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    16 Colorado Z71 and Camaro SS

23,000 miles and no problems! I love the truck. ImageUploadedByAG Free1428625912.913591.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Walking
    Thanks

2014 Silverado regular cab short box 4WD with plow prep and towing package. I purchased this truck earlier this month and I've put about 1,000 miles on it (12700 now). So far I love this truck but it's not all good.

The good:
    -Nice ride comfort, very quiet cab.
    -18.7 MPG average fuel economy since I bought it.
    -Automatic rear dif locker (saved me from being T-boned crossing a wet road with heavy traffic).
    -Sharp looking
    -Corner steps on rear bumper

The bad:
    -Shifting / RPM issues between 15-40 MPH. Sometimes the 'clunking' is very noticeable, other times it's not. Several others have reported this issue and so far GM has no solution (that I can find).
    -Acceleration response is sluggish unless you really get into it.
    -Frame and wheel rust which I'll be taking it to my dealer for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC 02silv's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a month into my 2015 silverado CC Standard Bed 4x4.

- I'm getting better overall fuel economy than my wife's Rav4. (drives her nuts) Mind you, I have to drive like a l'il grandmother to get it.
    - It is SO SO comfortable. I wish I could take these seats into my living room.
    - This is the first vehicle I've driven where the instrument cluster is not obscured by the steering wheel. Actually, to go a step further, the overall ergonomics inside the cabin are perfect. I feel very "at-home" when I drive this truck.
    - I'm really digging the MyLink system. I'm not a real tech-savvy type of guy, but I was pleasantly surprised with the features of this system. I had no knowledge of the things this could do before I bought the truck.
    - The throttle-nanny which made herself so prevalent on my test drives seems to be quietly going her own way. Some said it would. OR maybe I'm just getting used to it? The 5.3 is getting me around very nicely.
    - Little details - LED dome lights, the dash lighting, the feel of the steering wheel, cubby-holes,

Dislikes:

- Ride is quite a bit stiffer than I traditionally expect in a GM truck.
    - Horrible down-shifting. I don't get the clunks and clangs that many here speak of, but the downshifts from 40 mph on down are incredibly noticeable. Almost like driving with someone learning to drive a manual transmission.
    - Loud (airplane-like) heater fan. For such a quiet cabin, I would think GM would have put more thought into this. I suppose with the lack of vents in the rear seats, they had to find some way to get the air back there.
    - Rear seats do not fold ahead. I've beat on this before, and I knew it going in, but it has become a real issue for me. I chose not to get the rear seat storage compartment because I didn't want to lose my floor space. I thought a rubbermaid tote or something of the sort would work, but there isn't anything thin enough. I recently cleared out behind the seats of my old regular cab, and have no place for the following items: Booster cables, tow strap, first-aid kit, ice scraper, and a small toolbox. There's no reason these seat-backs cannot be made to fold ahead. I'd be glad to give up some rear leg room for some space behind the seat.
    - I'm not real fond of the sound of the engine. It sounds like George Jetson's car. Apparently this is what direct injection sounds like and it is what it is. I can live with it.
    - Poor visibility?...Oversized Truck?...I can't put my finger on it...but this thing is hard to get used to maneuvering. I've driven literally hundreds of pickup trucks over the years through both personal and work, but this thing feels like a Kenworth when trying to go through tight areas. Visibilty in the area of the RF wheel is non-existant. When are they going to stop making trucks so big and "fluffy" (all manufacturers). I wish I could take this cab and drivetrain and put it in the shell of my old 2002.
    - No remote locking tailgate. An unpleasant surprise after i got the truck. I see this is fixed for 2016. Along with this, I was also surprised the led box lights don't illuminate with the tailgate opening. I'm glad they were only $60.
    - The cargo-lamp won't come on when driving. Perhaps this is a programmable feature?

Now I know the "dislikes" seem to outnumber the "likes", but in all honesty the good outweighs the bad. I suppose it is everybody's nature to complain rather than praise. I've been really happy with the truck (moreso when I'm inside it than the outside of it - I'm not all there on the looks yet). It is a real treat to drive, especially on long trips.

My only regret is not getting a Sierra instead of the Silvy. I've always loved the stacked headlight look since I had my '84 Silvy, but I find now the Sierra's are just trimmed out better...they look more "complete".

EZM
    Walking
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71

Hi,

I am a long time lurker, first time poster .....

I have a 2014 GMC 1500 Sierra SLT Crew Cab, Short Box, 4x4, Z71 pkg with the 5.3 it has 80,000km (~50,000 miles)

I love the fuel economy compared to my old 5.3 (2011 same configuration truck) and the ride is quiet and comfortable. I love the looks of this truck.

It looks like my issues/feedback are common ....

1) Driver seat clunks around on corners and rough roads and recently the power seat functions no longer work - it will go to a different dealer next week to try and resolve it as the current dealer has a history of not doing what has been requested on the work orders and ignoring certain issues. They are, however, happy/quick to bill work.

2) When in "auto" or "4 high" my front axle? is noisy - far noisier than I would have expected it to be - dealer says that's normal on firm road surfaces - problem is this occurs in soft surfaces as well ????? No resolution or acknowledgement from dealer.

3) My vehicle shifts erratically, unpredictably and has a serious lag/delay at the most inopportune times - like turning left at intersections at moderate to low speeds, and upon mild acceleration. This has caused a few near misses and could be a serious issue if I'm not extra vigilant. The dealer was advised, we went on a road test, the vehicle exhibited this a few times and I was told this "was normal" and they listed it as "cannot replicate" and washed their hands of this potentially serious issue. That was the last straw with this dealer for me.

4) Radiator replaced - 3,000 kms over warranty - on my dime. Unfortunately I complained about a coolant smell several months prior to that, while the vehicle was under warranty and they said they tested the rad/coolant system and said it was likely an overflow. A few months later, I'm paying to have it fixed. Dealer was happy to bill for it.

This is my 8th new GMC ( I purchase one every few years) and have never had these issues "ignored" from a dealer. I can say every vehicle has had some issues - but at least GM was willing to resolve or attempt to resolve my issue.

I am very disappointed and disillusioned with what has been my family brand of vehicle.

Hopefully my move to another dealership resolves this ..... I just want to hear someone acknowledge that there is an issue instead of ignoring it until they can bill me directly for the repairs - my guess is warranty service, billed to GM, pays far less .... lol.

If that doesn't work ....... I may need a new family brand .... lol

EZM
    Last edited by EZM; 12-04-2015 at 04:35 PM.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,498 Times in 3,761 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Welcome to GMI, EZM!
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ChrisGinNC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 Times in 1,684 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Ford F-150 - 2016 Chevy S

The crappy shifting is unfortunately normal for the 6 speed. Aftermarket tune will fix it.
    2019 Silverado LTZ Z71 5.3L - Havana Brown
    2019 Silverado RST 4x4 5.3L - Black

Previous:
    2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch 3.5L EB
    2016 Silverado LTZ 5.3L
    2016 F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    2016 Colorado Z71 Duramax
    2015 Sierra Denali
    2015 Sierra SLT
    2014 Silverado High Country

Hidden Content

10. Remove Advertisements