Some of you know I drove all the new full size trucks extensively before settling. Anyway, the dust settled and this 19 Denali wound up the winner. I paused from my plans to buy in the new year because I wanted a later build date in hopes of less problems. Haven't hit 500 miles yet so my impressions are fresh. I'll do it thumbs up/down style.
- Power, just pulls like crazy, It does not feel fast, it effortlessly gathers speed and gets to triple digits like nothing.
- Transmission is a jewel, never hesitates and shifts smoothly up and down
- Ride strikes a nice balance between comfort and sport (tour mode is best all around) very happy, its quiet and very confident
- Exterior styling, getting plenty of comments and attention on the road
- It handles exceptionally well for a truck
- Interior is functional and well screwed together, I do have a few gripes though.
- Tailgate= awesome
- Lets start with the interior stuff. I dislike the wheel that controls the center info screen. I tend to bump it causing it to change screens. I kept pressing the "up" arrow which isn't a button at all, getting used to it though. The start button seems to low in the dash. The lower door panels always look crappy, they attract dust and easily scuff during ingress/egress. The smaller glove box is tiny and looks out of place. The "bong bong bong" sounds awful and needs to go, I think GM's used it since the 80's. No power tilt/tele steering, no power pedals, they should be here at the price point.
- Power running boards scare me. You shut the door, start the truck only to hear an alarming "THUNK" when they retract.
- Hate the fuzzy inner fender liners, hard to clean
Whats on the fritz
- Center info screen is flickering on startup screen when I open the door
I'll keep updates coming. So far I'm very happy with my choice, its an amazing truck.
Added a bed cover, well worth the price,