GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

  1. #1
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 BahamaTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,037
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 769 Times in 352 Posts
    My Ride
    18 Regal GS / 04 Canyon Z71

    GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    GM has filed a trademark application for Cheyenne.



    There are two recent instances where GM has used it. Its the model name of the upper trim Silverado in Mexico, and a performance oriented Silverado concept from a few years back.

    https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...oncept-140721/

    The concept was a regular cab short bed with the 6.2, carbon ceramic brakes from the Z/28, and several other performance upgrades. Wonder if we'll see something similar (and probably toned down) for production?


  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    331
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 68 Times in 44 Posts
    My Ride
    GMC Sierra SLE/ 2018/ Slate

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
    GM has filed a trademark application for Cheyenne.



    There are two recent instances where GM has used it. Its the model name of the upper trim Silverado in Mexico, and a performance oriented Silverado concept from a few years back.

    https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...oncept-140721/

    The concept was a regular cab short bed with the 6.2, carbon ceramic brakes from the Z/28, and several other performance upgrades. Wonder if we'll see something similar (and probably toned down) for production?

    Initial reports had this concept being built, talked with GM and they basically said that it was just a concept. Tried to find out more about the Mexico Cheyenne but GM was not willing to discuss the matter!!

  4. #3
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 American007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    536
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 175 Times in 95 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 Equinox

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    There was also this concept:
    Attachment 37769

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,075
    Thanks
    4,198
    Thanked 2,411 Times in 1,172 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
    GM has filed a trademark application for Cheyenne.



    There are two recent instances where GM has used it. Its the model name of the upper trim Silverado in Mexico, and a performance oriented Silverado concept from a few years back.

    https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...oncept-140721/

    The concept was a regular cab short bed with the 6.2, carbon ceramic brakes from the Z/28, and several other performance upgrades. Wonder if we'll see something similar (and probably toned down) for production?

    That street truck needs to be the Silverado SS. Cheyenne was the lower trim level Silverado a few years back (1990's).
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

  7. #5
    1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    Quote Originally Posted by TruckMan View Post
    That street truck needs to be the Silverado SS. Cheyenne was the lower trim level Silverado a few DECADES back (1990's).
    There. Fixed it for you.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigredexpress99 For This Useful Post:

    sfbreh (11-28-2016),TruckMan (11-28-2016)

  9. #6
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 395 Times in 264 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Sierra

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    Cheyenne.....try going back to the 70's. They had the Silverado, Scottsdale, and the Cheyenne.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rustywrench For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (11-28-2016),Carbide (11-28-2016)

  11. #7
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 395 Times in 264 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Sierra

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    Cool truck. The 6.2 (supercharged), AWD, 10 sp or manual.....

  12. #8
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    8,464
    Thanks
    3,806
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,893 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    If they did put this into production, I doubt it would be limited to a regular cab.

  13. #9
    6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Snow Belt
    Posts
    2,245
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 476 Times in 204 Posts

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    Cheyenne is the name that I would use for my 'dream' truck. I currently drive a 2015 Silverado 1500 4WD crew cab short box. I love the interior space of the crew cab for my long legged family, and really like having an easy loading full width box. However, to be honest, the truck is big time overkill for my needs. It would be awesome if GM would build a 'Cheyenne 1000' for those of us with light duty needs. Keep the full sized cab and box, just make a bunch of changes to lighten it up about 600 pounds and make it truly light duty. It would likely handle a lot better than my Silverado too.

    1] Use a chassis rated for 7000 lbs towing instead of 12,000 lbs.
    2] Offer a simple full time automatic AWD system instead of 4WD (a locking rear differential option would still be nice).
    3] Lower the truck 3 or 4 inches.
    4] Use more aluminum (doors, fenders, etc.).
    5] Power it with a nice inline six (make a torquey turbo version optional), and back it up with an eight speed auto transmission.

    Done!

    I don't really care if my man card were revoked when I bought one - the truck would be perfect for my needs.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to minnfang For This Useful Post:

    t-rexx (11-29-2016)

  15. #10
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 395 Times in 264 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Sierra

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    Have you driven a Colorado? You should try it...really!

  16. #11
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 newdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Some place...
    Posts
    1,467
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 201 Times in 108 Posts
    My Ride
    2012 Silverado 1500 Z71

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    Quote Originally Posted by minnfang View Post
    Cheyenne is the name that I would use for my 'dream' truck. I currently drive a 2015 Silverado 1500 4WD crew cab short box. I love the interior space of the crew cab for my long legged family, and really like having an easy loading full width box. However, to be honest, the truck is big time overkill for my needs. It would be awesome if GM would build a 'Cheyenne 1000' for those of us with light duty needs. Keep the full sized cab and box, just make a bunch of changes to lighten it up about 600 pounds and make it truly light duty. It would likely handle a lot better than my Silverado too.

    1] Use a chassis rated for 7000 lbs towing instead of 12,000 lbs.
    2] Offer a simple full time automatic AWD system instead of 4WD (a locking rear differential option would still be nice).
    3] Lower the truck 3 or 4 inches.
    4] Use more aluminum (doors, fenders, etc.).
    5] Power it with a nice inline six (make a torquey turbo version optional), and back it up with an eight speed auto transmission.

    Done!

    I don't really care if my man card were revoked when I bought one - the truck would be perfect for my needs.
    Yea its called the Colorado/Canyon...they even have a Diesel!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nova Omega Ventura Apollo gets you NOVA, genius isn't it?

    Occupy Wall Streeters should go occupy their homes...or a job...

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to newdude For This Useful Post:

    TruckMan (11-28-2016)

  18. #12
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 BahamaTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,037
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 769 Times in 352 Posts
    My Ride
    18 Regal GS / 04 Canyon Z71

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    Lighter fullsize with a turbo 6? Sounds more like an F150.

  19. #13
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 RamJet502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,184
    Thanks
    1,059
    Thanked 845 Times in 384 Posts
    My Ride
    2001 Chevy Silverado

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    A regular cab short bed Silverado with the 6.2L V8??? I'll believe it when I see it.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RamJet502 For This Useful Post:

    NoStopN (11-29-2016),richmond2000 (11-29-2016)

  21. #14
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    8,754
    Thanks
    10,706
    Thanked 2,908 Times in 1,891 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    It's probably going to be just another special edition trim package if it sees the light of day.

  22. #15
    6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Snow Belt
    Posts
    2,245
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 476 Times in 204 Posts

    Re: GM Files Trademark Application for CHEYENNE

    Quote Originally Posted by newdude View Post
    Yea its called the Colorado/Canyon...they even have a Diesel!
    Yea, close but not quite. I was going to get a Colorado until I got real about full sized adults fitting into the rear seat. It's also nice having the full width box of the Silverado too (four foot wide building materials and such).

  23. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2