Finally poked around an AT4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Finally poked around an AT4

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,085 Times in 2,360 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Finally poked around an AT4

This is a great looking truck. The Sierra is the hands down winner this generation. Wife loved it. Literally loved the outside of it.

It's SOOOOO large in AT4 form. I'm 6'5 and the reach over the bed is crazy. I can't get over it.

Then... This. A 65,000 truck. How does this get over looked? Yea, it's nit picky but man, why isn't there a small gasket on the back of the Multipro button panel??? Turn on sound for full effect.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,166 Times in 1,344 Posts

Re: Finally poked around an AT4

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    This is a great looking truck. The Sierra is the hands down winner this generation. Wife loved it. Literally loved the outside of it.

It's SOOOOO large in AT4 form. I'm 6'5 and the reach over the bed is crazy. I can't get over it.

Then... This. A 65,000 truck. How does this get over looked? Yea, it's nit picky but man, why isn't there a small gasket on the back of the Multipro button panel??? Turn on sound for full effect.

The AT4 is a great looking truck, especially in the color in the Video.

That is one thing GM did get right on the new trucks, great color selection and a nice change from choices of Silver, Black or White.

Agree on the Bed height it is ridiculous and is better on the F-150 (noticeably lower) but still higher than I think it needs need to be, RAM about the same as GM's. Hood height is another issue (about the same on all of the 1500's), too high and really affects front visibility, at least GM does offer a front view camera that you can view while driving and is one advantage GM does have over competitors.

One thing to check out if you are going to buy is the Seat adjustment for you and your wife since she will be driving HER truck and let you drive it once in a while - always seems to work out that way.

My Boss had that issue with the GM trucks and bought a F-150 since he is your height and his wife is about 5'5" and could not reach the pedals when she was a comfortable distance from the steering wheel and he liked them set further away - is is all based on not only your height but how you are proportioned (legs, arms torso) and you and your wife might be perfectly fine with just moving the seats and IIRC the AT4 does have memory settings so it will be a non-issue. Just make sure on a test drive, don't want to find one of you doesn't feel comfortable driving it after you buy.

It is why I won't buy the new truck, my Denali has the adjustable pedals and I need them.
    Last edited by SierraGS; 05-27-2019 at 09:03 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SierraGS For This Useful Post:

bballr4567 (05-27-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,352 Times in 3,756 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

They are sharp looking!

As far as the multipro button, I'll say to you what I say to my wife - stop poking at it and you wont notice Did you test other ones? Maybe just a defective one you were looking at?

As far as height, I think all of the trucks are ridiculously high, when trucks were meant for work and not personal cruising/looking good they all had much lower beds.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    They are sharp looking!

As far as the multipro button, I'll say to you what I say to my wife - stop poking at it and you wont notice Did you test other ones? Maybe just a defective one you were looking at?

As far as height, I think all of the trucks are ridiculously high, when trucks were meant for work and not personal cruising/looking good they all had much lower beds.
    It was all of them. They just need a seal behind the button panel.

Went to Ram today.

Even with as much as she loved the AT4 the Rebel 12A blew her away. The interior just isn't a match.

Then comes the price. Even with discounts and MSRP on the Rebel with the options I want it's almost $4k cheaper.

I want to like the AT4 so hard.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

SierraGS (05-28-2019)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Thanks

If that's the one thing you found wrong,then GM ain't doing too bad.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    Nope. Not the only thing just an outrageous oversight in a 65,000 vehicle.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

SierraGS (05-28-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 1,824 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    Sorry, you lose.
    Nope. Not the only thing just an outrageous oversight in a 65,000 vehicle.
    Exactly. If your going with the big guns don't be so cheesy and skimp on something that gets a lot of use. It is a glaring oversight.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 fastrehotrods's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 768 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Ram Sport 4X4

The Sierra is definitely the much better looking sibling, I think sales align with that IIRC. If only they didn't mess up the wheelwells. I'm really not sure why GM has to try something edgy and out of the box on wheelwells. It could have been just fine if they didn't add that chamfer to the front. Sorry, things like that annoy me.

Agree on the bed height. A neighbor bought a GMC Canyon 2wd, and I was amazed that my 6'4" self could barely reach the bed floor. I wish trucks were like the 90's fullsizes where a 2wd actually was lower. With my height I don't have a problem, but I can see it being tough for someone a foot shorter than I.

Though I'll agree that the Rebel is awesome, inside and out. Wasn't sold on the previous gen Rebel, but somehow they took that design and made it to this awesome 5th gen Ram Rebel... but then again they probably knew the direction of the 5th gen and made the 4th gen Rebel as a sort of preview of the next gen. But if I were to buy a new truck, new Rebel would be my first choice, no question.
    The Stable: 2014 Ram Sport 4x4 with 18" Method Racing MR310's wrapped in 35's, 71 Firebird Formula 455 Ridetech equipped, 57 Ford Custom 300, 66 GTO 4 speed, 67 Camaro LT1/T56, 70 El Camino, 71 Camaro future LSX, 82 Z28, 63 Thunderbird, 75 Pontiac Astre GT 406, 65 Dart 318, 87 S10 Blazer, 88 Silverado, 58 Edsel Pacer, 64 Volvo 544. Past: 98 Trans Am 6 speed-432 rwhp, 71 Chevelle SS 454, 71 Camaro 350/4 speed, 66 Mustang 393/T5, 86 GMC Jimmy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to fastrehotrods For This Useful Post:

SierraGS (05-28-2019)

Walking
    Thanks

The more I see them the more I like them

16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information