Is this Chevy's Colorado-based Bronco fighter? - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this Chevy's Colorado-based Bronco fighter?

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,395 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

Re: Is this Chevy's Colorado-based Bronco fighter?

So I think everyone's had a bit too much of an imagination when they think about Ford bringing the Bronco back...

Cause it's starting to sound it's not what you all want it to be.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...idsize-pickup/
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,743 Times in 2,427 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I saw that earlier this eve over on Yahoo. I have to say that I'm fine with it being more the size of the upcoming Ranger pickup too.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

If GM doesn't bring back a Blazer/TB this may be on my list for my next vehicle. I wish they would build one based on the Colorado . I don't want a Traverse or acadia , have to tow with it and those are less than ideal for that purpose being FWd based. Yes I know you can get AWD .

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

I have read the opposite.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...o-solid-axles/

The Bronco returns in 2020. Speaking with R&T at the show, Ford Executive Vice President Joe Hinrichs vowed that the new Bronco will be a bona-fide off-roader, hinting that the upcoming SUV could be the first true competitor to the wildly successful Jeep Wrangler in many years.

And now, we've got further evidence supporting that claim: It sounds like the 2020 Bronco will offer solid axles front and rear.

As Larry Vellequette reports at Automotive News, axle manufacturer Dana revealed in an investor presentation this month that it's been chosen as the driveline supplier for both the 2019 Ford Ranger and the 2020 Bronco. In the presentation, Dana indicated that both vehicles will have "front and rear axles featuring our latest AdvanTEK gear technology," Vellequette writes.

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,743 Times in 2,427 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by chuckhines View Post
    I have read the opposite.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...o-solid-axles/

The Bronco returns in 2020. Speaking with R&T at the show, Ford Executive Vice President Joe Hinrichs vowed that the new Bronco will be a bona-fide off-roader, hinting that the upcoming SUV could be the first true competitor to the wildly successful Jeep Wrangler in many years.

And now, we've got further evidence supporting that claim: It sounds like the 2020 Bronco will offer solid axles front and rear.

As Larry Vellequette reports at Automotive News, axle manufacturer Dana revealed in an investor presentation this month that it's been chosen as the driveline supplier for both the 2019 Ford Ranger and the 2020 Bronco. In the presentation, Dana indicated that both vehicles will have "front and rear axles featuring our latest AdvanTEK gear technology," Vellequette writes.
    I hope this turns out to be true. Also once again GM seems to be squandering the opportunity to be first on the scene and garner all the accolades. Why do they always seem to be so lily-livered and indecisive on things that could get them really good recognition?

Thanks

Based on how long it is taking to get the ZR2 to market it should be 2022 before you see this truck! You will see it in pictures for 5 years before it is on the road!
    2017 Tahoe Premier
    2017 High Country 6.2
    2009 GMC Canyon 5.3
    2011 HD 103 Street Glide

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information