CARGO Lighting

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: CARGO Lighting

Walking
    Thanks

Post CARGO Lighting

Hello Fellow GMC Owners,

I'm new to the forum, and new to GM as I've been with Ford for years. Purchased the new AT4 and it's really nice, but as with anything new, sometimes it's missing things you were used to having. My questions is about cargo bed lighting. I'm simply wanting my bed lights and cargo light to come on when I open my tailgate. I have a Retrax Bed cover on it, and as you may imagine, it's pretty dark unless lights are on. To see anything, I have to go inside the truck to turn on the cargo/bed lights and then back in the truck to turn off or they will turn off after a little while. I want my cargo/bed lights to activate when I lower my tailgate. Anyone know if this is possible and if so, how? I'm going in for my first service soon and will ask the GM Service Advisor if this can be done or not, but to be honest, you guys probably know more than they do. I'm even open to having a switch installed where I can turn these lights on from the rear/bed of the truck.

Thanks in advance for any input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    GMC Sierra SLE/ 2018/ Slate

Re: CARGO Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by KLCAT4 View Post
    Hello Fellow GMC Owners,

I'm new to the forum, and new to GM as I've been with Ford for years. Purchased the new AT4 and it's really nice, but as with anything new, sometimes it's missing things you were used to having. My questions is about cargo bed lighting. I'm simply wanting my bed lights and cargo light to come on when I open my tailgate. I have a Retrax Bed cover on it, and as you may imagine, it's pretty dark unless lights are on. To see anything, I have to go inside the truck to turn on the cargo/bed lights and then back in the truck to turn off or they will turn off after a little while. I want my cargo/bed lights to activate when I lower my tailgate. Anyone know if this is possible and if so, how? I'm going in for my first service soon and will ask the GM Service Advisor if this can be done or not, but to be honest, you guys probably know more than they do. I'm even open to having a switch installed where I can turn these lights on from the rear/bed of the truck.

Thanks in advance for any input!
    There is a post on gmtrucks.com concerning installing the kind of switch you are writing about, the person installed the switch for 20 bucks, hope this helps

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information