GM Inside News Forum banner

2019 Regular Cabs Finally rolling in.

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  WilliamBos 
#1 · (Edited)
On the subject of decreased GM market share and RAM climbing share.

There are 2018 and 2019 Silverado Regular cabs, numbering 629 on "All Miles" on Cars.com, with 411 '19 models - two weeks ago there were none, so good start there.
Compare that to Ram regular cabs at 1019 with 967 of them being 2019 'classics' that come in both 6'5" and 8 ft box lengths.

Put in perspective of choices on offer, Silvy offers only 91 RCs in a color other than white of any kind, nationwide.

In contrast, Ram has 54 black V8 2wds.

Chevy has one black V8 2wd. In Minnesota.

I've been waiting for a truly 'in the flesh' pic of the Silvy, since GM's computer graphic famously does not depict rake, which has been severe in recent generations.

Glad to see the rake seems to have decreased. Notice also how the awkward high box sides of the '19 are minimized with greater length of the 8ft box

It also appears, that, despite the somewhat awkward looking C pillar, the room behind the seat is less than RAM, as it looks like the passenger seat is pretty much against the window. But it appears to have more reclining room than before, which would be good enough for me.

Despite the lack of choice compared to RAM (so far?), I'm getting slightly more optimistic about this generation.

Thoughts?

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Meh.

Adding a rather slow-selling body style to a mediocre truck line will not boost sales. They need to rethink what they did and make the trucks better. As they sit today, they simply are not up to the standards set by the new Ram.

And until they do so, they will continue to lose market share to both the aforementioned Ram, and of course the top selling Ford.

#11 ·
I blame the EPA footprint metric for making them burst through the long held 80" width limit at both RAM and GM. Idea of making the T so much more gargantuan is what gives it larger frontal area, killing highway mileage. Buh...buh...it's got the aero gills!

All the more reason to gather ye K2s while ye may.

There was a dealer in Cody WY, that used to run newspaper ads about how they had kept a reserve of the previous generation for the pickup purists who didn't cotton to the new fangled communist and/or subversive pinko path of GM degeneracy. They did it in '73, then prominently in '81 and '88 in response to C/Ks getting smaller and/or lighter.

I see they're not doing it now, I'm sure the owner in from '88 is not there anymore.

But maybe they should've been hoarding K2s. :)

https://www.dennymenholtcody.com/

#12 ·
The salesman at my local dealer said they are not making regular cab silverado trucks anymore , one of my big pet peeves is when sales people do not know what they are talking about .

#20 ·
That Regular cab is a gorgeous looking truck.
Looks like it has a ton of room behind the seat compared to a squarebody.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.