2010 GMC Terrain Owner Discussion! - Page 13

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 2010 GMC Terrain Owner Discussion!

Walking
    Thanks

Re: 2010 GMC Terrain Owner Discussion!

I ordered my SLT1 in March and got it in May. We have used it mainly on the highway and getting 22.4 mpg. We have the v6 with awd.
    Last edited by sbeagm10; 11-07-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: addtl info

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Question Re: 2010 GMC Terrain Owner Discussion!

Owner of a 2010 SLT V6 FWD... Has anyone noticed handling issues in heavy rain at speeds of 55MPH or higher?
    My wife complains that it has severe control issues under these conditions. I haven't been driving it at a time that I could replicate the issues she has complained of, mainly a pronounced lack of steering control when encountering moderate standing water on the highway. I suspect it has to do either with her lack of familiarity with front wheel drive handling characteristics, or the stock tires which don't appear to have a very efficient rain groove design.
    Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,803 Times in 2,201 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

If you have the stock Hankook tires, you arent the first to complain about them. They are pretty crappy and when driving my mother in laws Terrain in the rain, it was like driving on ice with the tires. They got very greasy feeling.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

1.8 Liter ECOTEC Premium Member zepcom's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    If you have the stock Hankook tires, you arent the first to complain about them. They are pretty crappy and when driving my mother in laws Terrain in the rain, it was like driving on ice with the tires. They got very greasy feeling.
    I echo this. We opted for the "Michelin All Seasons" on our i4 and have no such problems with handling in rough weather.

How many miles on the V6 terrain with the HanKooks? Are they summer-only tires? I ask this because sometimes "summer tires" do not handle very well in rough weather conditions.
    zepcom
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    SOLO HF Cats & Mach unbalanced catback +J exhaust system

Hidden Content

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

I have the 2010 and my wife also complains of lack of control feeling in wet weather and at higher speeds. It also has the 19 inch hankook tires

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC ljtyphoon's Avatar
    Thanks

I drove a 4 cyl Chevy and it seemed pretty good, (not dangerously slow) for a 4. Are the extra horses worth the lower MPG?
    LJ
    Hidden Content 70 Pontiac TA Ram Air 4 manual
    73 GMC 23' Sequia 455 Olds FWD
    78 GMC 26' Royale 403 Olds FWD
    93 GMC Typhoon AWD 3500 miles with both options
    98 Honda Valk. 6 cylinder Windshield & Hard Bags
    99 Pontiac TA 30th Anniv. Conv. WS6 manual
    02 Pontiac Aztec only option tow package
    04 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0 E-Force AWD Quadrasteer
    06 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
    09 Pontiac G8 GXP stick & sunroof
    09 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe GM Pwr Upg
    15 Cadillac ATS Sedan 2.0T new Cadiac for 30K
    They own me

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 caddycruiser's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Changes every day...

A new 2011 Terrain was added to my immediate family (mom) the last day of February. Sort of a shocking change from what she had & traded, a 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, but as much as she loved her dream car Camaro, space was a daily issue (dogs, stuff, etc) as was year round functionality, namely winter.

Thought she wanted a Hyundai or something first, until I demanded she go see & try a new Equinox or Terrain. Wasn't sure of the Terrain look & package at first, but in the end was able to get what she wanted in the GMC and for the right deal, although not locally, with some help on my end. Having had a 2008 Malibu with the 2.4L before, she despised 4-cyl's but still tried one out in the Equinox...no dice. Didn't like the feel or sound, and especially so coming out of a DI 3.6L Camaro. Drove a 3.0L V6 Terrain and "huge difference, so much better" and that was that.

Got a 2011 Terrain SLT-1 AWD with the 3.0L as the only option, in Quicksilver with Jet Black leather. Bought from my favorite Buick-GMC dealer in Jersey, and dealer traded from another dealer--too bad the other put the front plate bracket on. Oh well. Perfectly equipped. First AWD vehicle, and I thought overkill, but she wanted it & is pleased to have it. Comments have ranged from "so quiet and smooth" to "huge and comfortable inside...the center console has a light!"

Not the rip roar power of the Camaro, but not a single complaint about the 3.0L either. Quiet, smooth, feels nice. Better yet, according to my father, she's been averaging better gas mileage in it than the Camaro at around 22-23mpg so far, nearing 3000 miles. He enjoys it too, and couldn't believe the Equinox and Terrain share so much since "the Terrain looks so much bigger...really?"

I've ridden in it once and was extremely impressed. I drive a 2011 Mazda CX-9 that I love, but the Terrain is definitely quieter and smoother, and feels larger and airier inside...just a function of the layout and space. A huge little ute. Killer interior, storage everywhere, great functions, gigantic back seat, and a very quiet and peppy 3.0L V6 with AWD--the latter is particularly nice, it seems. Professional reviews aside, they don't always mean everything.

On the dealer lot after being dealer swapped (their web guy took pictures before mom took delivery):

At home 1st night:

First ride in it over Easter weekend:

Hoping this one is around for a while, and gives many happy miles of service.
    Last edited by caddycruiser; 06-23-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Walking
    Thanks

Question Re: 2010 GMC Terrain Owner Discussion!

We now own a 2010 Terrain SLT2 and have issues with

THE RADIO AND NAVIGATION SYSTEM

There are numerous issues with it; the most annoying one being the clock does not hold time; after the vehicle is off for awhile, the clock resets to be 5 hours behind.

We have seen tidbits around the internet about software updates to the radio. We brought this to attention of the dealership. They acknowledged an awareness of it and we paid for a radio memory upgrade. Unfortunately, it changed nothing. We have not been back yet; We want to solicit feedback from the community that may be of help.

Supporting Vendor GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Kayakr01,

I am really sorry to hear about this especially when you paid for a service you thought would resolve the concern. If you would like our involvement in contacting your dealership for further information, please feel free to send us a private message at any time! We are happy to help.

Jessica G.
    GM Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakr01 View Post

There are numerous issues with it; the most annoying one being the clock does not hold time; after the vehicle is off for awhile, the clock resets to be 5 hours behind.

We have seen tidbits around the internet about software updates to the radio. We brought this to attention of the dealership. They acknowledged an awareness of it and we paid for a radio memory upgrade. Unfortunately, it changed nothing. We have not been back yet; We want to solicit feedback from the community that may be of help.
    Have you checked into GM Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit Hidden Content !

Follow us @Hidden Content on Twitter.

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakr01 View Post

The question is, did you tell the dealer what you wanted done or ask them to diagnose the problem?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC GMTruckGuy74's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    GMC Canyon/2015/Emerald Green

Sorry that I didn't search the previous pages, but are there any sites dedicated to the Terrain/Equinox that you'd recommend?
    Still plays with TRUCKS...
    GMC Truck fan & long-time Pontiac enthusiast
    - My ride: 2015 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed SLT
    - Wife's ride: 2013 Buick LaCrosse Premium I

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,607 Times in 3,626 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

HEY! I'm here! Where is everybody?? Picked up 2017 Terrain 1LSD Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTruckGuy74 View Post
    Sorry that I didn't search the previous pages, but are there any sites dedicated to the Terrain/Equinox that you'd recommend?
    I second that question! I've fished around but what I found is pretty low functioning.
    2017 Soul &, Wolf Grey

We choose to go to the Moon in this decade, and do the other things...not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept. John Kennedy

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,607 Times in 3,626 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

C'mon, trucksters, let's step it up here! GMC's honor depends on you!
    2017 Soul &, Wolf Grey

We choose to go to the Moon in this decade, and do the other things...not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept. John Kennedy

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information