GM Inside News Forum banner

spyshots: Buick Senator spied in Stockholm

3K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  70eldo 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
So a 9-5 was spotted in Stockholm (where there were and possibly still are GM offices), and all of a sudden Jalopnik posts "Buick Senator spied in Stockholm"? I think that before spreading these rumours Jalopnik people should read the SU posts: The possible rebadging of the 9-5 and that picture appear on two different posts.

EDIT - Also, coincidence (or not), automotorsport.se says the car was parked close to Jan-Åke Jonsson's place in Stockholm...

#4 ·
Jalopnik is getting creative these days, isn't it?

I would hope that if Saab cannot in theend be saved that GM makes some use of all the money spent to develop the 9-5 (and the 9-4).

#6 ·
Duh, it's obvious that the Buick Senator has an active camo function that makes it look like 2010 95.....sheesh, where have you people been.

Other modes available....

A-1984 LeSabre with no hubcaps
B-Ice Cream Van(not available withing 500ft of a Elementary School)
C-Presidential Limo
D-Trabant 602S

#13 · (Edited)
Unfortunate model name. Had they thought of Commodore? Invicta? CPO Sharkey?

hahaha. Now what do you know about Elementary Schools, exactly? Hmmmm?

But really. I saw a Corsa today, can I post it under "future GMC Clay seen in Warsaw"?
Yes please do. :yup:

I sore a Corsica today, kin ahh post it as fastputure Chivvlay compact?? :)

#17 · (Edited)
If I am not mistaken, the new LaCrosse & "new" 9-5 are pretty much the same size, right?
If so, then a Buick-ized 9-5 would be redundant.

GM, if smart would sell the brand.
But if they were to keep it instead of selling it or shutting it down, they could start to rebuild Saab's portfolio, starting with getting someone to head the brand. Someone who knows & understands Saab & understands what it needs & has a vision to take it into the future. But not to get overzealous w/Saab's offerings.
The line up would start w/the "new" 9-5 & 9-4x w/a new 9-3 to closely follow w/in a year & a half-2yrs(no longer than that) then maybe a small coupe/convertible(Sonett anyone??) perhaps competition for the Audi TT. Maybe a 2nd gen Saab 9-2x?? :)

Then after Saab line up is rebuilt, then GM can ask for more money w/the sale of Saab than they are likely to get now. :)

!!!!

#18 ·
'Cause the 9-5 might go to Opel as a new Senator.
No it might not, it's just Swade slowly going insane for lack of sleep. I wish him some rest. For lack of official news (GM is finally keeping a tight lead), whatever Swade writes on his blog becomes official Saab news in all outlets. It's a great success for Steven, but slowly getting crazy.

If I am not mistaken, the new LaCrosse & "new" 9-5 are pretty much the same size, right?
IIRC, the 9-5 mules were LaCrosses actually, and LaX was co-developed with the 9-5 by Trollhattan. I was expecting them to have even more in common (which would have made sense as now GM is wasting two vehicles - one will go to the crapper and the other won't come to Europe and many markets despite being actually good).

#19 ·
No it might not, it's just Swade slowly going insane for lack of sleep. I wish him some rest. For lack of official news (GM is finally keeping a tight lead), whatever Swade writes on his blog becomes official Saab news in all outlets. It's a great success for Steven, but slowly getting crazy.

IIRC, the 9-5 mules were LaCrosses actually, and LaX was co-developed with the 9-5 by Trollhattan. I was expecting them to have even more in common (which would have made sense as now GM is wasting two vehicles - one will go to the crapper and the other won't come to Europe and many markets despite being actually good).
You don't think Opel will use the extended Epsilon II for a premium model? Indeed it has nothing to do with the 9-5, but Opel might have had plans for using the extended platform all along...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.