So, GNIers what are the chances that 2021 Escalade gets CT6ís active rear steer? - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, GNIers what are the chances that 2021 Escalade gets CT6ís active rear steer?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,154 Times in 1,728 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

Re: So, GNIers what are the chances that 2021 Escalade gets CT6ís active rear steer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    Doesn't Honda/Acura have the SHAWD thing?
    I've driven an RLX with P-AWS a couple of times. Didn't really see the value of it.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award

2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,480 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Re: So, GNIers what are the chances that 2021 Escalade gets CT6ís active rear steer?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagon11 View Post
    Curious, was quadratsteer for trucks only to reduce turn radius, or did it do what the ct6 does, reduce turn radius and at high speeds turns same direction as front for better stability?
    It did both. In tow haul mode it reduced the rear steer at high speed as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,850 Times in 3,948 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

I've never driven a vehicle with quadrasteer, but it sounds like a very useful piece of tech, especially on bigger vehicles. But there might be a reason GM dropped it (on the trucks) and it is not widely used throughout the automotive industry. Perhaps it is a very costly component and the complexity makes it only suitable for low volume vehicles?

There might be a reason GM bundled it with a costly package, it could be that it simply cost a lot.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,480 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I've never driven a vehicle with quadrasteer, but it sounds like a very useful piece of tech, especially on bigger vehicles. But there might be a reason GM dropped it (on the trucks) and it is not widely used throughout the automotive industry. Perhaps it is a very costly component and the complexity makes it only suitable for low volume vehicles?

There might be a reason GM bundled it with a costly package, it could be that it simply cost a lot.
    A GM engineer at the time gave a pretty solid interview on it and said that the cost to implement it really wasn't that much. It was actually far sturdier than the regular GM axle. GM even had a national tour where you could drive the trucks. It was a big deal.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (09-20-2019)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information