GM Inside News Forum banner

So, GNIers what are the chances that 2021 Escalade gets CT6’s active rear steer?

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Sugarhill0722 
#1 ·
I think it would be great if they did and would give the Escalade an edge in driving dynamics.

#2 · (Edited)
Didn't GM have trucks with 4-wheel steering (Quadrasteer or something) not too long ago? So shouldn't be too much to hope for in a vehicle with the margins of the Escalade. It won't be the same components as the CT6 but should be effectively the same capability.

But, more importantly, what's a GNIer? I guess I'm one now that I've replied to this thread ;)

Reactions: Robert1969
#4 ·
I ain’t saying a word about that. Go speak to autocorrect about that matter.

Seriously? Just a typo.

#12 ·
Re: So, GMI'ers what are the chances that 2021 Escalade gets CT6’s active rear steer?

The real question should be why isn't this tech filtering down to other cars. Especially within Cadillac. That along with the ground breaking mixed metal construction. But it's absolutely shocking and abhorrent that it hasn't been used in atleast the performance cars. Corvette, Camaro, and V-series at the very least should be utilizing this tech.

#13 ·
The real question should be why isn't this tech filtering down to other cars. Especially within Cadillac. That along with the ground breaking mixed metal construction. But it's absolutely shocking and abhorrent that it hasn't been used in atleast the performance cars. Corvette, Camaro, and V-series at the very least should be utilizing this tech.
GM has a nasty habit of cloistering tech away behind Cadillac, away from from where all but the snootiest of buyers can afford Cadillac with the lot

#18 ·
I've never driven a vehicle with quadrasteer, but it sounds like a very useful piece of tech, especially on bigger vehicles. But there might be a reason GM dropped it (on the trucks) and it is not widely used throughout the automotive industry. Perhaps it is a very costly component and the complexity makes it only suitable for low volume vehicles?

There might be a reason GM bundled it with a costly package, it could be that it simply cost a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.