My/Your Ideal Buick Lineup

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: My/Your Ideal Buick Lineup

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

My/Your Ideal Buick Lineup

My/Your Ideal Buick Lineup 3.0

So, I'm sitting here bored, and got a little inspiration while talking to a friend about the recent Buick concepts to revive this, as it has been many many years since my last iteration of ANY brand of My/Your Ideal lineup threads. Not sure if I'll be doing another brand anytime soon, but while the inspiration is there, here it is for Buick!

Feel free to post your own ideal lineups based off what you would like to see, and if you have any criticism, please make it constructive or keep the flaming out. Thanks!

Adam From: $22,995 | Topped out: $32,995
    Essentially, the Opel Adam brought over to our shores, as we've been calling for for quite some time. It fits within the realm of suedo-premium subcompacts, and offers unique styling that wouldn't be mistaken for, say, a Smart Fourtwo, iQ, etc.
    Engines: 1.0T 3-cylinder 113 HP 130 lbs-tq; 1.4T 4-cylinder 153 HP 177 lbs-tq optional on all trim, standard on Grand Sport trim
    Transmission: 5-MT standard, optional 6-AT on base 1.0T, 6-MT and 6-AT no-cost choice on 1.4T

Verano From: $24,995 | Topped out: $34,995
    An all-new, more premium Verano goes a bit further upscale for its next generation. Standard FWD, with optional AWD on the base Touring and midrange Premium models, AWD is standard on the new range-topping Pebble Beach and sport-focused Grand Sport levels. Standard fare in this car includes a large 8-inch HD touch screen with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, magnesium paddle shifters, 17" alloy wheels, and heated leather seats. Premium and Pebble Beach editions each add a wide range of features and styling enhancements ranging from ventilated front and rear seats, heated and cooled cup holders, panoramic sunroof, wheel choices up to 19", keyless ignition, intelligent cruise control, auto leveling and swivaling LED headlights, and more.
    Engines: 1.4T 4-cylinder 153 HP 177 lbs-tq; 2.4L 4-cylinder 190 HP 190 lbs-tq optional on Touring and Premium, standard on Pebble Beach; 2.0T 275 HP 295 lbs-tq optional on Pebble Beach, standard on Grand Sport
    Transmission: 6-AT on 1.4T and 2.4L; 8-AT on 2.0T; 6-MT optional on 2.0T in Grand Sport edition

Cascada From: $33,995 | Topped out: $46,995
    Mostly as-is, however a much improved interior with a multitude of color choices ranging from a couple blues and a couple reds to black, tan, and white. Interior gets updated taking cues from the new LaCrosse.
    Engines: 1.4T 4-cylinder 153 HP 177 lbs-tq; 2.4L 4-cylinder 190 HP 190 lbs-tq optional on Touring and Premium, standard on Pebble Beach; 2.0T 275 HP 295 lbs-tq optional on Pebble Beach, standard on Grand Sport
    Transmission: 6-AT on 1.4T and 2.4L; 8-AT on 2.0T; 6-MT optional on 2.0T in Grand Sport edition

Regal From: $30,995 | Topped out: $43,995
    The next generation Regal remains on a FWD/AWD architecture. The midsize sport sedan is aimed at the likes of the Acura TLX and Audi A4, offering a thrilling performance alternative for those looking for the fuel efficiency, socially accepted, and safely of a front-drive vehicle. Comparatively a muscle car, even in base trim, compared to the imports it has in its sights, the car also comes chock full of features. Standard keyless ignition via a premium-feeling aluminum push button in the center of the dash, 8-inch HD touch screen with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, hefty-feeling magnisium paddle shifters, LED headlights, 18" wheels, and heated/ventilated front seats. Additional features include intelligent cruise, auto leveling and swivel LED headlights, panoramic sunroof, 20" wheels, Brembo brakes (standard on the Grand Sport), power rear reclining seats, and more. All wheel drive is optional on Touring and Premium, standard on Pebble Beach and Grand Sport.
    Engines: Buick-upgraded-specific 2.5L 225 hp 220 lbs-tq; Buick-upgraded-specific 2.0T 280 HP 300 lbs-tq optional on Premium, standard on Pebble Beach and Grand Sport; Buick-upgraded-specific 3.6DI 340 HP 280 lbs-tq optional on Pebble Beach and Grand Sport.
    Transmission: 8-AT standard on all; 6-MT optional on both Grand Sport models

LaCrosse From: $33,995 | Topped out: $54,995
    The new LaCrosse mostly as is, however moved a little more upscale and with different engine choices. The engine choices are Buick-specific; that is, they take some of GM's standard engines, and Buick engineers have their way with them to tune and engineer them with different outputs and built more for Buick vehicles. Also, it is full of features to impress your medical office co-workers include keyless ignition, ventilated and heated front and rear nappa leather, a very large 10-inch HD touch screen with Carplay and Android Auto, and auto leveling and swiveling LED headlight, other features you can option up include panoramic roof, magnetic ride control, intelligent cruise, power rear reclining seats, power rear window shades, and rear controls for ventilation and audio.
    Engines: Buick-upgraded-specific 2.0T 280 HP 300 lbs-tq; Buick-upgraded-specific 3.6DI 340 HP 280 lbs-tq optional on Premium, standard on Pebble Beach.
    Transmission: 8-AT standard across the board

Grand National From: $36,995 | Topped out: $56,995
    Alpha-based, this performance machine comes standard with a Buick-specific version of the 3.0TT, tuned and upgraded by Buick engineers. A higher-performance GNX model is the ATS-V comparable, tuned for serious track running. The standard Grand National, though, is a legitimate performance machine in its own right, where with massive six-pot front Brembo's, taut suspension tuning, and Ricaro leather seats.
    Engines: Buick-upgraded-specific 3.0TT good for 425 HP 440 lbs-tq on Grand National; Buick-upgraded-specific 3.6TT good for 470 HP 500 lbs-tq on GNX only.
    Transmission: 8-AT and 7-MT optional on both models

Avenir From: $79,995 | Topped out: $94,995
    This massive Buick is the return of the serious, range-topping luxury sedan. A serious luxo-machine based upon the Omega platform, it not only gives the likes of the Genisis brand, Mercedes, Audi, BMW, and the like another, very beautiful contender (not to mention a Continental fighter), but also a legitimate push up against big brother Cadillac. While Cadillac may not enjoy this, it gives them yet another reason to make some serious improvements. This big Buick offers competent handling and a buttery ride in the vein of an S-class. While it certainly doesn't match the top-end of the S-class, it's size, comfort, cabin quality and serenity, and feature set give the lower-end of the S-class a run for its money. Full of features you won't see anywhere else in GM except at Cadillac and Buick's other top models - Enclave Pebble Beach and the Avista - give this car credible halo-sedan status atop this celebrated American luxury brand... and yet another reason for the Chinese market to practically throw its money at the brand.
    An Avenir L long-wheel-base version is also built, and focuses a large amount on the back seat occupants - including two fully power reclining, massaging, heated and ventilated seats with foot rests, full 'command center' for each including multiple USB chargers, drink chillers, seat controls, audio controls, ventilation controls, beautiful wooden tray table, and more.
    Engines: Buick-upgraded-specific 3.0TT good for 440 HP 450 lbs-tq; Buick-upgraded-specific 3.6TT good for 480 HP 520 lbs-tq standard on Pebble Beach.
    Transmission: 10-AT across the board

Avista From: $82,995 | Topped out: $98,995
    The concept, mostly as is. While not on the same platform, and not a direct coupe/convertible version of the Avenir, it is, in essence, a coupe and convertible version in that it takes the halo spot of the brand with pretty much all the same features as the Avenir, but with more interior and exterior eye-candy, especially with the top down.
    Engines: Buick-upgraded-specific 3.0TT good for 440 HP 450 lbs-tq; Buick-upgraded-specific 3.6TT good for 480 HP 520 lbs-tq standard on Pebble Beach.
    Transmission: 10-AT across the board
    Last edited by AmericanRevolution; 03-24-2016 at 02:34 AM.
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > 2005 QSM GTO M6 > 2006 Mercury Milan Premier (debt free!) > 2016 Audi A3

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmericanRevolution For This Useful Post:

2b2 (03-24-2016),knightfan26917 (03-26-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Re: My/Your Ideal Buick Lineup

Mine is a very simple one : 2 cars , 4 crossovers

Cars : A Compact car (sedan and hatch back versions ) and a Large Car
    CUVS : Micro Compact, Compact, Midsize (5 and 5+2 ), Minivan (7/8)

I think with above Buick sales will going make real impact.
    If needed , they can have a mini kind of car too ( total 3 cars in this case ).
    On power-trains : Buick should offer EV, Hybrids on all areas ...

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Audi A3 Blue

Quote Originally Posted by uvikrama View Post
    Mine is a very simple one : 2 cars , 4 crossovers

Cars : A Compact car (sedan and hatch back versions ) and a Large Car
    CUVS : Micro Compact, Compact, Midsize (5 and 5+2 ), Minivan (7/8)

I think with above Buick sales will going make real impact.
    If needed , they can have a mini kind of car too ( total 3 cars in this case ).
    On power-trains : Buick should offer EV, Hybrids on all areas ...
    Could you give a little more detail? Pricing, feature type, what these cars could compare to?
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2016 Audi A3

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > 2005 QSM GTO M6 > 2006 Mercury Milan Premier (debt free!) > 2016 Audi A3

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 1,918 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

Add Adam, Avista sedan and a true midsize CUV and they'll be in pretty good shape.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award

Hidden Content

2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 982 Posts

Avenir and Avista are a bit expensive for the segment, don't you think?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."
    - Aristotle

Thanks
    Thanked 8,772 Times in 5,645 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LetsRace View Post
    Avenir and Avista are a bit expensive for the segment, don't you think?
    Aye.

Avenir should be $45,000–$70,000, maybe $75,000. That's the first price range I thought of the second I saw the car.

Avista and Grand National need to be merged with GN's price range. Cascada needs to lose its Solara look, or I'll never buy one.

Would stretch the Regal's price up another few $k, and Adam is too expensive.

If GM had a 330/330 TTV6, that'd be what I drop into the basic REGAL COUPE, 400/400 LGW for the Regal Grand National, would boost it as high as I could reliably do so for the least amount of money for a Regal GNX.

GN would come in ~40-45k, GNX would come in ~60-65k. GNX wouldn't have many if any options. They'd all have AWD standard besides the base coupe where it'd be an option.

Avenir would just be one engine (the 330/330, LGX just wouldn't exist in my world), AWD, not a ton of options but enough to take it from personal luxury cruiser to bargain executive chauffeur.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanRevolution View Post
    Could you give a little more detail? Pricing, feature type, what these cars could compare to?
    Sure :

Compact car : (both hatch back and sedan versions ) engines : 1.4 , 2.0 lrt engine, Full EV and Plug-in ,price should go from 20 - 35 ( yes i still think volt is little more expensive ), fwd and AWD options ( new CIVIC size )

Large Car : engines 2.0,3.6 Plug-in and EV , price from 35 to 90, AWD and FWD options . (model S size )

Micro Compact CUV : 1 lrt to 1.4 ltr, , awd and FWD ( Kia Soul size )
    Compact CUV : 1.4, 2.0T and 2.5 , awd and FWD , 1.4 Hybrid, Plugin and EV ( current CRV size )
    Midsize CUV: 5 and 5+2 configs: awd and FWD ( 2.0, 2.5, 3.6 engines ) 2.0 Hybrid, Plugin and EV ( current xc 90 size or Dodge journey size with a width of 76+ inch
    )
    Minivan :electronic awd like rav4 ( 2.0 Plug in hybrid : similar to Pacific ) and Hybrid (no plug ). ( current Honda Odyssey size )

I can't say what it is competing in current market but this is what i think a best line up for an entry luxury brand line up.
    Last edited by uvikrama; 03-24-2016 at 12:31 PM.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information