Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks. - Page 2

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52

Thread: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

  1. #16
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid mgescuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    43,495
    Thanks
    3,915
    Thanked 2,042 Times in 2,103 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by SRX 2.8T View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro
    Wtf ?

    Obviously not a movie buff??

    You've never watched "The Omen" Anti-Christ... Damien (aka the freaky kid in the cemetery?)

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Avalanche13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,930
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by peckwell View Post
    Dude, that's offensive, the bit about not dating Asians. Just because you're a bigot doesn't mean that we need to read about it.
    How is it offensive? You aren't a bigot because you have certain physical preferences. I don't date girls with short hair. Turns me off instantly. No amount of hypersensitive rhetoric makes someone attracted or not attracted to someone else. If Marc isn't attracted to Asians, he isn't attracted to Asians.

    Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro View Post
    I'm Asian. I don't date Asians. It's a personal choice.
    No need to explain yourself. When it comes to dating you date what you are attracted to. No amount of hypersensitive rhetoric will ever change that.
    2014 Silverado 4x4 LTZ

  4. #18
    jry
    jry is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The Detroit Market
    Posts
    5,033
    Thanks
    499
    Thanked 337 Times in 216 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 BMW 740Li-X, 2014 Expy EL

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    So did I. You were there during press days?
    You knew that, Nick. NAIAS. Been covering press days since 1990.
    Didn't you help me post those shots of me in the Volt?
    One of these days, we'll bump into each other and grab a sandwich downstairs in that cheesy food court.
    85 cars since 1975....
    Good night and good luck.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #19
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 unkillsam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,724
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 604 Times in 308 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Chevrolet SS PBM

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Olds88 View Post
    How is it offensive? You aren't a bigot because you have certain physical preferences. I don't date girls with short hair. Turns me off instantly. No amount of hypersensitive rhetoric makes someone attracted or not attracted to someone else. If Marc isn't attracted to Asians, he isn't attracted to Asians.


    No need to explain yourself. When it comes to dating you date what you are attracted to. No amount of hypersensitive rhetoric will ever change that.
    So not true. Let's see what would happen if I went into a public place (or forum in this instance) and said that I am an American of German ancestory and I don't date African Americans or Jewish people as a matter of personal preference.

    Such the double standard that it's ok to be closed minded about race if you are uber-progressive about everything else.

  7. #20
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    29,444
    Thanks
    4,663
    Thanked 6,749 Times in 3,270 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by peckwell View Post
    Dude, that's offensive, the bit about not dating Asians. Just because you're a bigot doesn't mean that we need to read about it.
    He is an Asian, LOL, bigot, Americans never get it, soo hang up on race.. who cares, I do not, as long as he is not mistreating anyone or doing bad things to them...

    Me, I do not like girls with big melons out back, does that make me a bigot?
    Last edited by mbukukanyau; 06-04-2010 at 07:41 PM.

  8. #21
    Firebird Concept (the turbine one) johnstarnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    13,337
    Thanks
    5,697
    Thanked 848 Times in 469 Posts

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    I am still wondering/hoping that the production XTS looks a lot more daring on the outside than does the concept.....I need to take a new look at the interior and see if it compares at all to the very nice SLS interior that I wish we'd have seen in the STS.
    "The only normal people are the ones you don't know well". unknown


    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  9. #22
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    34,120
    Thanks
    8,281
    Thanked 6,694 Times in 4,153 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro View Post
    Clearly.



    Sanguis bibimus.
    Corpus edimus.
    Hellooooo!

    Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro View Post
    I'm Asian. I don't date Asians. It's a personal choice.
    Me neither. But then I'm cheerfully married.

    Quote Originally Posted by Olds88 View Post
    How is it offensive? You aren't a bigot because you have certain physical preferences. I don't date girls with short hair. Turns me off instantly. No amount of hypersensitive rhetoric makes someone attracted or not attracted to someone else. If Marc isn't attracted to Asians, he isn't attracted to Asians.


    No need to explain yourself. When it comes to dating you date what you are attracted to. No amount of hypersensitive rhetoric will ever change that.
    It's offensive because the term "racist" has been warped out of any realistic proportion to what it means.

    So has "profiling" for that matter.

    Everyone profiles, all the time. It's called judgement, the smart use of experience, taking care of yourself, avoiding danger/pain/negative experiences...the beat goes on.

    PC is an ugly cancer upon our declining civilization.
    Yes I am profiling any PC freaks out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by unkillsam View Post
    So not true. Let's see what would happen if I went into a public place (or forum in this instance) and said that I am an American of German ancestory and I don't date African Americans or Jewish people as a matter of personal preference.

    Such the double standard that it's ok to be closed minded about race if you are uber-progressive about everything else.
    The ones who almost inevitably toss the "racist" term about are usually the PC crowd of a certain philosophy.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    He is an Asian, LOL, bigot, Americans never get it, soo hang up on race.. who cares, I do not, as long as he is not mistreating anyone or doing bad things to them...

    Me, I do not like girls with big melons out back, does that make me a bigot?
    No, you are a melonot. How dare you exercise free will?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

    Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

    The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

  10. #23
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Suziebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern Virginia. U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,441
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    I sometimes date single girls.
    "When one side only of a story is heard and often repeated, the human mind becomes impressed with it insensibly."
    -George Washington

    "You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do."
    -Henry Ford

  11. #24
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 unkillsam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,724
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 604 Times in 308 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Chevrolet SS PBM

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Hellooooo!



    Me neither. But then I'm cheerfully married.



    It's offensive because the term "racist" has been warped out of any realistic proportion to what it means.

    So has "profiling" for that matter.

    Everyone profiles, all the time. It's called judgement, the smart use of experience, taking care of yourself, avoiding danger/pain/negative experiences...the beat goes on.

    PC is an ugly cancer upon our declining civilization.
    Yes I am profiling any PC freaks out there.



    The ones who almost inevitably toss the "racist" term about are usually the PC crowd of a certain philosophy.



    No, you are a melonot. How dare you exercise free will?

    Yeah, I'm PC alright

    You can't just go around saying that any female from a whole race does not attract you. It physiologically impossible, which leads me to believe the person has a personal or "mental" hangup.

    Not calling mguescuro a 'racist', not even going to imply it.

    But for Olds88 to defend his position by saying that anyone can not be physically attacted to an intire race of people does smack of just a little bit of "race preference" if you wish to call it that.

  12. #25
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 PAULSTS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Belmont Hgts., CA
    Posts
    4,883
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by unkillsam View Post
    Yeah, I'm PC alright

    You can't just go around saying that any female from a whole race does not attract you. It physiologically impossible, which leads me to believe the person has a personal or "mental" hangup.
    Not exactly accurate expressing a mono-dimensional thinking process; a certain number of males, are simply not attracted to any female, Asian, blond, brunette, of any ethnicity! But, they maybe simply entranced by certain types of males; they are Gay. However, this is not referring to any formerly responding Member of this Thread, as I do not possess the "inside information."

    Therefore, now that this Thread has been hijacked long enough: About the XTS, I find the interior explanation interesting but unconvincing, I must see it in real-time. However, based upon what was said, this may be a 2012 vehicle too late for my requirements!


  13. #26
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    34,120
    Thanks
    8,281
    Thanked 6,694 Times in 4,153 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suziebob View Post
    I sometimes date single girls.
    There ya go again, profiling! I'm telling! I'm telling!

    Quote Originally Posted by unkillsam View Post
    Yeah, I'm PC alright

    You can't just go around saying that any female from a whole race does not attract you. It physiologically impossible, which leads me to believe the person has a personal or "mental" hangup.

    Not calling mguescuro a 'racist', not even going to imply it.

    But for Olds88 to defend his position by saying that anyone can not be physically attacted to an intire race of people does smack of just a little bit of "race preference" if you wish to call it that.
    A lotta that going around. Look at Tiger's GFs, or should I say companions?

    I don't think you can say it's impossible. Everyone has unique wiring.

    To quote Tom Jones, it's not unusual...
    http://www.last.fm/music/Tom+Jones/_/It's+Not+Unusual



    Guy's got slick moves and rhythm, no doubt in my military mind about that.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

    Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

    The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

  14. #27
    Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,573
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 863 Times in 620 Posts

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Tiger's GF, companion or independent contractor?

  15. #28
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,091
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Any how shifting from Melons to motors.

    What is the word on a possible 3.6 hybrid whether for the XTS or any other product?

    Is it production ready or near production ready?

    Is it a true hybrid or a mild hybrid like in the 2.4 Malibu?

    If it is true hybrid how much will that boost the horsepower rating of the 3.6 overall?

  16. #29
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 PA Dweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lords Valley, PA
    Posts
    8,636
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by G8tor View Post
    Any how shifting from Melons to motors.

    What is the word on a possible 3.6 hybrid whether for the XTS or any other product?

    Is it production ready or near production ready?

    Is it a true hybrid or a mild hybrid like in the 2.4 Malibu?

    If it is true hybrid how much will that boost the horsepower rating of the 3.6 overall?
    Can't answer some of those questions but supposedly the XTS is using the 2-Mode hybrid system which is considered a true hybrid. I assume it will be a more advance design compared to what you can get in the Tahoe/Silverado hybrid. I say that because currently the 2-Mode system still uses the archaic 4 speed automatic which I couldn't conceive finding it's way into a 2010+ Cadillac, so it will probably be GM's 6 speed automatic. Second this 2-Mode system will have plug in capability. Finally the power output is going to be around 350 HP through an AWD system, which is a gain of about 40 HP over the regular Direct Injected 3.6L V6.

    I am sure someone else here can answer the rest of your questions better than I can.
    Last edited by PA Dweller; 06-06-2010 at 05:10 PM.
    Can you guess what he's going to do with the big fist? Hidden Content

  17. #30
    Firebird Concept (the turbine one) johnstarnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    13,337
    Thanks
    5,697
    Thanked 848 Times in 469 Posts

    Re: Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Dweller View Post
    Can't answer some of those questions but supposedly the XTS is using the 2-Mode hybrid system which is considered a true hybrid. I assume it will be a more advance design compared to what you can get in the Tahoe/Silverado hybrid. I say that because currently the 2-Mode system still uses the archaic 4 speed automatic which I couldn't conceive finding it's way into a 2010+ Cadillac, so it will probably be GM's 6 speed automatic. Second this 2-Mode system will have plug in capability. Finally the power output is going to be around 350 HP through an AWD system, which is a gain of about 40 HP over the regular Direct Injected 3.6L V6.

    I am sure someone else here can answer the rest of your questions better than I can.
    Thanks for that...I did not realize the XTS was to be a plug in! Since GM says the concept was built on a smaller platform than the production version will be, I am clinging to the faint hope that bold proportional and styling changes will be made for what will end up in show rooms.
    "The only normal people are the ones you don't know well". unknown


    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2