GM Inside News Forum banner

Inside the XTS, with Christine Parks.

7K views 51 replies 23 participants last post by  PA Dweller 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I'm sure having a conversation with Ms. Parks is usually a treat. However, she seems to have the GM press releases memorized... She doesn't say anything here that we didn't know months ago (XTS is a concept; XTS is an evolution of Art & Science, etc.)... Nothing to see here...

#21 ·
I am still wondering/hoping that the production XTS looks a lot more daring on the outside than does the concept.....I need to take a new look at the interior and see if it compares at all to the very nice SLS interior that I wish we'd have seen in the STS.

#26 ·
There ya go again, profiling! I'm telling! I'm telling!

Yeah, I'm PC alright;)

You can't just go around saying that any female from a whole race does not attract you. It physiologically impossible, which leads me to believe the person has a personal or "mental" hangup.

Not calling mguescuro a 'racist', not even going to imply it.

But for Olds88 to defend his position by saying that anyone can not be physically attacted to an intire race of people does smack of just a little bit of "race preference" if you wish to call it that.
A lotta that going around. Look at Tiger's GFs, or should I say companions?

I don't think you can say it's impossible. Everyone has unique wiring.

To quote Tom Jones, it's not unusual...
http://www.last.fm/music/Tom+Jones/_/It's+Not+Unusual

Guy's got slick moves and rhythm, no doubt in my military mind about that.

#28 ·
Any how shifting from Melons to motors.

What is the word on a possible 3.6 hybrid whether for the XTS or any other product?

Is it production ready or near production ready?

Is it a true hybrid or a mild hybrid like in the 2.4 Malibu?

If it is true hybrid how much will that boost the horsepower rating of the 3.6 overall?

#29 · (Edited)
Can't answer some of those questions but supposedly the XTS is using the 2-Mode hybrid system which is considered a true hybrid. I assume it will be a more advance design compared to what you can get in the Tahoe/Silverado hybrid. I say that because currently the 2-Mode system still uses the archaic 4 speed automatic which I couldn't conceive finding it's way into a 2010+ Cadillac, so it will probably be GM's 6 speed automatic. Second this 2-Mode system will have plug in capability. Finally the power output is going to be around 350 HP through an AWD system, which is a gain of about 40 HP over the regular Direct Injected 3.6L V6.

I am sure someone else here can answer the rest of your questions better than I can.

#33 ·
Actually with DI, the available horsepower will probably be higher! If GM does not cheapen or de-content the XTS, it will prove to be a really stellar product. Unfortunately, it may take too long for me however, it is now rumored not to be available until 2012 production.

:drive:

#43 ·
So if the XTS engine will be a plug in 2 mode is there any technology difference between that and what will be in the Volt (other than 6 vs 4 cylinders)? Will the 6 in the XTS directly drive the wheels vs the Volt being a true electric driveline? Did I just answer my own question? :)

#44 ·
XTS is a traditional hybrid which still has the engine directly to the wheels with an electric motor in the transmission. If I remember correctly it can propel the vehicle on electricity alone for like 8-10 miles at low speed, and it's capable of being plugged in.

#52 · (Edited)
That's exactly what I was suggesting. :yup:

Thanks for saying all that far better than I could ever have. I am still grieving the loss of the Converj.
I still have hope that we will see the Converj in one form or another in the future. Consider this, Cadillac seems to be offering a line up very similar to Lexus. FWD based vehicles like the XTS, SRX, and very possibly a large RWD biased flagship. Now that Lexus has a small hybrid based on the Prius I think Cadillac will eventually follow Lexus with their own electric vehicle based on the Volt. However I hope the differences are more than skin deep like the Lexus. A battery with a greater capacity, electric motors in all wheels, and multiple driving modes (economy, performance, etc) would be perfect for Cadillac. In the mean time hopefully we will see Converj design elements in the ATS :yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.