I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

  1. #1
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Sal Collaziano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,925
    Thanks
    314
    Thanked 920 Times in 538 Posts
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

    I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

    I've made a lot of negative comments about the appearance of the Cascada so I wanted to mention that I saw one that I liked a few days ago. It was in black, the top was down and it had nice masculine-looking wheels. The car looked good. I was surprised. Now I hate to offend anyone who's got a white Cascada but we all know about "opinions" - and I just don't like it in white. I'm going to assume I won't be crazy about it in any light color. In fact, perhaps anything lighter than black. I don't know. I've only seen it in white, I believe grey and black so far. But, in my opinion, it's a pretty good-looking car in black with the right wheels. I haven't seen one in black with the top UP yet - but I'm sure I will soon. I just want to set the record straight that I don't feel it's an ugly car in all configurations...

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sal Collaziano For This Useful Post:

    jzchev28 (02-29-2016)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  4. #2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jzchev28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    5,383
    Thanks
    7,008
    Thanked 2,358 Times in 1,218 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Silverado Z71 Blue Topaz

    Re: I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

    Thanks for your honesty, I too was surprised it was a pretty good looking car when I saw one in person.

  5. #3
    GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    20,774
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked 3,650 Times in 1,375 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

    Re: I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

    I saw my first one in the wild the other day. The brown paint they have looks good with the black top and wheels.
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  7. #4
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    21,395
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked 6,541 Times in 3,772 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

    Re: I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

    I saw a black one the other day as well.

    I really liked it. It looked really nice out in natural light.
    Current:

    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

    Hidden Content

  8. #5
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,418
    Thanks
    327
    Thanked 613 Times in 583 Posts

    Re: I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

    I think we can all agree it is a nice car that needs MOAR POWAH.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to All Star For This Useful Post:

    sfbreh (02-29-2016)

  10. #6
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 LetsRace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    1,090
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 982 Posts

    Re: I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

    Quote Originally Posted by All Star View Post
    I think we can all agree it is a nice car that needs MOAR POWAH.
    I would get a LT4 in that baby.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."
    - Aristotle

  11. #7
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid sfbreh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,259
    Thanks
    7,625
    Thanked 8,771 Times in 5,646 Posts

    Re: I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

    Quote Originally Posted by All Star View Post
    I think we can all agree it is a nice car that needs MOAR POWAH.
    More power and that Sangria interior from the Ultraluxury LaX.

    Would be 100x better.

  12. #8
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,950
    Thanks
    2,470
    Thanked 821 Times in 484 Posts

    Re: I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

    I saw one today in that sky blue color with dark wheels. For a design that's been around for a while it still stands out in a crowd.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 13’ Audi A3 Hatch TDI
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

  13. #9
    GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,049
    Thanks
    1,631
    Thanked 7,178 Times in 3,256 Posts

    Re: I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    I've made a lot of negative comments about the appearance of the Cascada so I wanted to mention that I saw one that I liked a few days ago. It was in black, the top was down and it had nice masculine-looking wheels. The car looked good. I was surprised. Now I hate to offend anyone who's got a white Cascada but we all know about "opinions" - and I just don't like it in white. I'm going to assume I won't be crazy about it in any light color. In fact, perhaps anything lighter than black. I don't know. I've only seen it in white, I believe grey and black so far. But, in my opinion, it's a pretty good-looking car in black with the right wheels. I haven't seen one in black with the top UP yet - but I'm sure I will soon. I just want to set the record straight that I don't feel it's an ugly car in all configurations...
    I too was surprised that I kind liked it when I sat in one.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

  14. #10
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Sal Collaziano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,925
    Thanks
    314
    Thanked 920 Times in 538 Posts
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

    Re: I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

    What surprised me most is how I'd already seen it in person twice and didn't like it. I'm just thinking I prefer it in a dark color. If people are okay with the pricing I think it could be a hot seller. To note, I really dislike the appearance of the Encore but a lot of people don't agree with me - and Encore owners are generally very happy with their vehicle. I'm glad to see Buick doing well...

  15. #11
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    21,395
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked 6,541 Times in 3,772 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

    Re: I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

    They sold ~500 of them in a cold month and the only advertisement I've seen for it was during the Super Bowl.

    I think this car will surprise some people.
    Current:

    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

    Hidden Content

  16. #12
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Sal Collaziano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,925
    Thanks
    314
    Thanked 920 Times in 538 Posts
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

    Re: I saw a Cascada that I actually liked...

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    They sold ~500 of them in a cold month and the only advertisement I've seen for it was during the Super Bowl.

    I think this car will surprise some people.
    I hope it does. I think Buick deserves it. They're doing nice work with their products.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sal Collaziano For This Useful Post:

    Envoy4Life (03-01-2016)

  18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2