This is the hottest product segment that GM needs to enter now. Should be built off c

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is the hottest product segment that GM needs to enter now. Should be built off c

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,061 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

This is the hottest product segment that GM needs to enter now. Should be built off c

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Re: This is the hottest product segment that GM needs to enter now. Should be built o

Should be built off the AWD alpha platform of the ATS

Either as a gmc or a Cadillac...

A jaguar f pace competitor and Porsche Macan fighter starting at 40 grand....for the turbo 4 AWD and or 335 hp v6 and top off with the new 3 liter 400 hp twin turbo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JBsZ06 For This Useful Post:

Butz (01-26-2016)

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,564 Times in 3,775 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Re: This is the hottest product segment that GM needs to enter now. Should be built o

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    Should be built off the AWD alpha platform of the ATS

Either as a gmc or a Cadillac...

A jaguar f pace competitor and Porsche Macan fighter starting at 40 grand....for the turbo 4 AWD and or 335 hp v6 and top off with the new 3 liter 400 hp twin turbo
    Sadly, Alpha can't support a CUV.
    Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    Sadly, Alpha can't support a CUV.
    only GM...
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to F14CRAZY For This Useful Post:

Envoy4Life (01-26-2016)

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,564 Times in 3,775 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by F14CRAZY View Post
    only GM...
    Yeah. Brand new, from the ground up chassis that can't support RHD or an SUV.

Only GM lol.
    Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    GMC Sierra SLE/ 2018/ Slate

For some reason GM does not dig RHD, the Colorado or Canyon diesel would do very well as a rebadged Opel, from what I'm hearing lots of Toyota trucks are getting blown up in the Middle East, GM could ship some over with a built in GPS so you would know where they were!!!

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Buick Envision.
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

The envision is pedestrian. Why can't alpha get a new top hat to look like a Porsche Macan?

Thanks
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

The envision is pedestrian. Why can't alpha get a new top hat to look like a Porsche Macan?
    Certainly is, but it's that or XT5 in the GM stable for the next little while.

Hidden Content

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

It's a little too edgey for GMC. Why not Buick?

Thanks

Only GM lol.
    A company that produces vehicles on platforms that can't support navigation (I really don't get that one), can't support AWD, can't support a crossover body, can't support LHD/RHD...

'07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to F14CRAZY For This Useful Post:

Envoy4Life (01-27-2016)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

What proof of information do we have that Alpha can't support a soft reader cuv like the jaguar f pace?

I think gm is gun shy of car based cuv s since the first gen SRX that was so ugly it flopped...

The media thought it was excellent but it didn't sell worth a dam...

The second gen SRX was fwd biased and sold very well...

I just don't think anyone at gm has the nerve to bring up anything reminiscent of the first gen SRX.

Which is a shame because gm was just way ahead of its time with the too large RWD biased AWD SRX ...a bit too station wagon looking and too large but the concept was sound...

On the large cuv s fwd bias is fine. For non sporting cuv s fwd bias is fine....but for the newest segment of cuv s about to explode on to the market....the sports cuv should be RWD biased AWD to compete with the jaguar f pace ...

That will be a huge success....as is the Porsche Macan...

Those two vehicles....in that new sporting cuv segment can stand higher pricing because they are demand drivers products....and not a commodity which CUVs are becoming and sedans already are...

Thanks
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

And up at the end of its life, to over 6,000 units per month this past fall. Not sure why they'd mess with that formula, if I were Cadillac I'd follow copy they're doing with the XT5 and stick to only FWD / AWD CUVs. Give the people what they want!

Hidden Content

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,147 Times in 3,955 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Only GM lol.
    It can, the problem is if it can do it profitably.

Thanks

What proof of information do we have that Alpha can't support a soft reader cuv like the jaguar f pace?

I think gm is gun shy of car based cuv s since the first gen SRX that was so ugly it flopped...

The media thought it was excellent but it didn't sell worth a dam...

I just don't think anyone at gm has the nerve to bring up anything reminiscent of the first gen SRX.

Which is a shame because gm was just way ahead of its time with the too large RWD biased AWD SRX ...a bit too station wagon looking and too large but the concept was sound...
    I love the looks of the 1st gen SRX. A Northstar AWD SRX is on my short list of potential Forester replacements

21. The Following User Says Thank You to F14CRAZY For This Useful Post:

rockyspaw (02-16-2016)

22. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information