Cadillac idea (outside tbe box)

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Cadillac idea (outside tbe box)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,872 Times in 1,486 Posts

Cadillac idea (outside tbe box)

Cadillac has undergone 2 failed, so-called "renaissances" trying to become the American BMW to the point where they're now in position to where they're about to be overtaken by Lincoln at its own game, which it sort of stole from Lincoln back in '97. Maybe its time Cadillac gives up trying to be BMW and just be an American luxury automaker, unapologetic-ally American.

Long story short, a couple evenings ago, I was passed by a F-450 Platinum (or King Ranch...couldn't tell) dually with a mild lift that was riding on 26-28 inch rims...I thought to my self "damn, he must have about $150K in that thing". Right then it hit me, there's an untapped market for super luxury pickups...I know what some of you are thinking, didn't Lincoln totally flop at this with the Blackwood and the Mark (LT?), yes they did flop but it wasn't because of the segment they tried to hit...it was all about execution. The Blackwood was only offered in black, with a gimmicky blackwood patterned bed and the Mark LT was nothing but an F-150 w/ a chrome grille and a Lincoln badge. What GM needs to do for Cadillac is to leverage the expected emergency re-do of the new pickups and build a Super Luxurious leather lined/wood slathered, Super Duty pickup...skip the 1500, start @ the 2500 w/ a starting price @ $105K and start the 3500 @ $120K...doing this will create cashflow for their future failed sedan endeavors while forcing Ford to play catch up for once.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,338 Posts

Re: Cadillac idea (outside tbe box)

You could have just dug up 1 of a 100000000000000 other threads on this topic and joined the conversation.

PS, no because GMC Denali obviously.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 1,918 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

GM would be better off making supercharged Escalades with bespoke interiors.
    They could charge a whole lot more than $150K for one of those.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award

Hidden Content

2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,001 Times in 4,804 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
    GM would be better off making supercharged Escalades with bespoke interiors.
    They could charge a whole lot more than $150K for one of those.
    That will happen when they regain consciousness. Popcorn, please. We need a popcorn emoji.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (02-05-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

They need an Escalade that lowers for entry/exit and highway driving. And a tall sedan with road presence and a comfy ride option.

The CT6 is just too non de script, especially in gray.

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,066 Times in 2,623 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I can see it now if they were to execute this right. Picture the multi-million $ estates and upper crust burbs littered with one of these in every driveway.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,234 Times in 1,933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Cadillac has undergone 2 failed, so-called "renaissances" trying to become the American BMW to the point where they're now in position to where they're about to be overtaken by Lincoln at its own game,
    I wish I had a Dollar for every time someone on this Forum said this over the last Decade and more.

Long story short, a couple evenings ago, I was passed by a F-450 Platinum (or King Ranch...couldn't tell) dually with a mild lift that was riding on 26-28 inch rims...I thought to my self "damn, he must have about $150K in that thing". Right then it hit me, there's an untapped market for super luxury pickups...I know what some of you are thinking, didn't Lincoln totally flop at this with the Blackwood and the Mark (LT?), yes they did flop but it wasn't because of the segment they tried to hit...it was all about execution. The Blackwood was only offered in black, with a gimmicky blackwood patterned bed and the Mark LT was nothing but an F-150 w/ a chrome grille and a Lincoln badge. What GM needs to do for Cadillac is to leverage the expected emergency re-do of the new pickups and build a Super Luxurious leather lined/wood slathered, Super Duty pickup...skip the 1500, start @ the 2500 w/ a starting price @ $105K and start the 3500 @ $120K...doing this will create cashflow for their future failed sedan endeavors while forcing Ford to play catch up for once.

Trampled the Blackwood in sales
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information