Cadillac idea to compete with Lincoln Continental

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cadillac idea to compete with Lincoln Continental

  1. #1
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 71 Times in 30 Posts

    Cadillac idea to compete with Lincoln Continental

    Word that Lincoln sold all of its suicide door Continentals must have Cadillac thinking what they can do to generate buzz.

    Any ideas?

    How about a limited edition special "Fleetwood" or "Deville" version of one of its models, maybe a little "fin" design added or some colors from Caddy's heyday like pink or turquoise?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    890
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 887 Times in 412 Posts

    Re: Cadillac idea to compete with Lincoln Continental

    Before the news that the Lincoln brand sold out 80.. 80 Continentals. a story had been reported days earlier that Cadillac had sold out 275.. 275 CT6-Vs within an hour or so.

    What Cadillac should do to generate more buzz, is simply come out and say, "we have a CT6(7) Coupe coming in 2019 as well. It will be in Platinum and V form only. We previewed the car a few years ago. Here's a picture of the side profile, but the front looks like the black car below it:"






    The world goes WILD!!! Leaders at German luxury makers quit their jobs

  4. #3
    Chevrolet VOLT eaton53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,875
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 1,918 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

    Re: Cadillac idea to compete with Lincoln Continental

    Quote Originally Posted by buickfan262 View Post
    Word that Lincoln sold all of its suicide door Continentals must have Cadillac thinking what they can do to generate buzz.

    Any ideas?

    How about a limited edition special "Fleetwood" or "Deville" version of one of its models, maybe a little "fin" design added or some colors from Caddy's heyday like pink or turquoise?
    Make more CT6-V's.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award


    Hidden Content

    2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to eaton53 For This Useful Post:

    ehaase (01-22-2019)

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  7. #4
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 ral1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,393
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 381 Times in 220 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

    Re: Cadillac idea to compete with Lincoln Continental

    Take the turbos off the Blackwing and use it to replace the 3.6 wherever it can be found in a Cadillac.

  8. #5
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    35,293
    Thanks
    9,770
    Thanked 8,001 Times in 4,804 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

    Re: Cadillac idea to compete with Lincoln Continental

    Build a 10,000-car run of 1959 replicas. They will sell like free money, at 120G per.

    2017 Soul &, Titanium

    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

    "The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

    Hidden Content

  9. #6
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 DequindreToo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    574
    Thanks
    1,383
    Thanked 581 Times in 266 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Buick Regal Turbo

    Re: Cadillac idea to compete with Lincoln Continental

    They could, gasp, make a flagship personal luxury coupe with an actual name. The Ciel and El Miraj were gorgeous cars. Cadillac design has gone downhill since then.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to DequindreToo For This Useful Post:

    ClassyEldo (02-24-2019)

  11. #7
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,646
    Thanks
    13,015
    Thanked 8,922 Times in 5,198 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: Cadillac idea to compete with Lincoln Continental

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    What Cadillac should do to generate more buzz, is simply come out and say, "we have a CT6(7) Coupe coming in 2019 as well. It will be in Platinum and V form only. We previewed the car a few years ago. Here's a picture of the side profile, but the front looks like the black car below it:"
    It makes; "Just you wait until next year" sound, oh-so-so good............
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  12. #8
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,623
    Thanks
    2,290
    Thanked 2,561 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Re: Cadillac idea to compete with Lincoln Continental

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    Before the news that the Lincoln brand sold out 80.. 80 Continentals. a story had been reported days earlier that Cadillac had sold out 275.. 275 CT6-Vs within an hour or so.

    What Cadillac should do to generate more buzz, is simply come out and say, "we have a CT6(7) Coupe coming in 2019 as well. It will be in Platinum and V form only. We previewed the car a few years ago. Here's a picture of the side profile, but the front looks like the black car below it:"
    I suspect Lincoln could have sold a lot more of those Continentals, so long as the number was kept low enough to ensure their future collectability, and thus value. I also understand the number 80 was picked because it's the 80th anniversary of the Continental.

    As for the CT6-V I'm confused as to why they're limiting production? I'm sure they could have sold many multiple of the 275 offered.

    My money would have been spend on the CT6-V 7 days out of 7!

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2