Cadillac CT6 Really not as Inexpensive as Some May Think - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CT6 Really not as Inexpensive as Some May Think

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Engelman's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10ZR1/'13 XTS/'15 Escalade/

Re: Cadillac CT6 Really not as Inexpensive as Some May Think

Quote Originally Posted by RyeShelton View Post
    the CT6 is not the flagship for the brand.....the CT8 will be when it arrives for 2020......save the V8 for the CT8.
    The CT8 will launch sometime AFTER 2020. It will be bigger, have new, groundbreaking technologies, another V8 choice, and will be much, more expensive than the CT6. The one that may arrive BEFORE 2020 would be the CT7.
    Jake

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

the CT6 is not the flagship for the brand.....the CT8 will be when it arrives for 2020......save the V8 for the CT8.
    The CT6 WILL BE THE CURRENT FLAGSHIP when it goes on sale. It will be so until the CT7 arrives!
    Jake

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Engelman For This Useful Post:

AMERICA 123 (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    My Ride

I remember being told, when I ask about the pricing for the 1st Cadillac to have a V8 that wasn't a "V" series, somewhere below $110,000 for the BASE model, but no pricing had been set.
    Jake

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Engelman For This Useful Post:

megeebee (12-04-2015)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Engelman your killing me......not after 2020.......the CT8 will be a sedan and the CT7 will be a coupe...the sedans should arrive first........AFTER 2020 is TOO LATE......you probably think the CT7 would be a lager more stylish sedan above the CT6 and the CT8 being a RR, bluntly competer.....but GM said that the CT8 is going to be a sedan and the CT7 a coupe....so I would see the CT8 arriving before the CT7.
    Last edited by RyeShelton; 12-03-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    I think CT6 will seriously align more and more with the next gen A7/CLS/etc. At least the A7, which is rumored to be underpinned by the next A6L, giving it a ~120" wheelbase and basically replacing the SWB A8 in doing so.
    Makes me think the next CT6 should go with a fast Wraith-style roofline but keep the large size. Well, I'd already have loved that for a CTS replacement, but whatever.

They need to have something that is a strong alternative to an A7/6GC/CLS type products while doing their own thing. So I think Wraith-rooflined CT6 with a fantastic interior, PHEV powertrains, etc, would be unique but also desirable and modern. Doing a conventional large sedan is somewhat limiting in that Cadillac will continue to have a market for it, but they'll need to keep the concept modern.

Thanks
    My Ride

the CT8 should the return of the big comfy iconic sedan like form the 1970s.....but in a modern way and with the same driving dymadics as the CT6 with good riding and handling......assuming the CT8 could be in a different segment than the ATS, CTS, CT6......by 2020 the XTS will die and the CT8 will be born......the XTS is unneeded......and the XTS shouldn't see 2020.
    Think MB S600 Pullman when you think of the CT8. It will not arrive before 2020. The XTS will probably be gone by 2019, or definitely after the ATS / CTS replacements land.
    Jake

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I emagine the CT8 will arrive early 2020 as a 20 modal year......just like the CT6 arriving early 2016 as a 16.

Thanks
    My Ride

Engelman your killing me......not after 2020.......the CT8 will be a sedan and the CT7 will be a coupe...the sedans should arrive first........AFTER 2020 is TOO LATE.
    Sorry, but Cadillac has other segments it desperately needs to fill, and the stockholders want a bigger product portfolio. I have seen 2 variants of what could possibly be the CT7. They were both Coupes, and appeared to be under development. This was last spring, it was not up close, there was no comment (it is forbidden to discuss future product) and absolutely no pics allowed.

I am not saying anything but what I saw, nothing is for sure , or certain. These vehicles may never see production.
    Jake

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Engelman For This Useful Post:

Dequindre (12-03-2015)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

what kind of BS is this.......the CT6 been in development since 2012 and the Omega platform since 2010.......I figure it takes longer to develop a whole new platform than the develop a car on an existing platform.........for a new platform 6 years.........for a new car 4 years.......if they start development on the CT8 now or next year......it could arrive for 2020.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,544 Times in 3,773 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

So basically, they're going to be dicking around until like 2023 when the real flagship arrives, and even before then, both the ATS and CTS MCEs and CTx replacements are delayed, so we're going to be stuck with the current Alpha cars for quite some time, and with no clear Cadillac flagship in sight, only vaporware that's due in the 2020s.

Great.

Those CUVs they're talking about can't get here soon enough.
    Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

mgescuro (12-04-2015)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

way way too late.....so we are going to be left with stale cars till 2023?......that is a bunch of BS......they better put the food on the table before it gets stale.
    Last edited by RyeShelton; 12-03-2015 at 11:27 PM.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

what kind of BS is this.......the CT6 been in development since 2012 and the Omega platform since 2010.......I figure it takes longer to develop a whole new platform than the develop a car on an existing platform.........for a new platform 6 years.........for a new car 4 years.......if they start development on the CT8 now or next year......it could arrive for 2020.
    Well since you bring it up, Cadillac should've by now been in the process of designing a modular platform, but with the costs of Alpha and Omega that's probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

way way too late.....so we are going to be left with stale cars till 2023?......that is a bunch of BS.
    We'll have an ATS replacement and CTS replacement before 2023. The XTS discontinuation, ATS replacement, and CTS replacements all happen before then based on what's been discussed here.

Banned
    Fishing with Zora and Ferdinand. LOL!!! The Z Man just pulled in a helluva Yellow Tail.. Let's Eat
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 753 Posts

way way too late.....so we are going to be left with stale cars till 2023?......that is a bunch of BS......they better put the food on the table before it gets stale.

Seriously nothing Cadillac has done suggests the is the case. For the sake of arguing... Which Caddy are rollin in right now, or planning on buying.? If the Elmiraj were out right now... Would u have one in your garage, or would u just be happy to see it in the show room?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

2023 is WAAAAAY TOOOOO LATE.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 Times in 3,611 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

22. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News