Cadillac CT6 Really not as Inexpensive as Some May Think - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CT6 Really not as Inexpensive as Some May Think

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 2,108 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Re: Cadillac CT6 Really not as Inexpensive as Some May Think

Quote Originally Posted by MiatsoCi View Post
    It is inexpensive.. but in the idea that it is $54K inexpensive is a bit reaching. Who the hell is buying base cars these days.. especially in the luxo segment with the lease deals they have going on?
    $54,000 is inexpensive. People who think it's "out of reach" probably wouldn't be buying this car in the first place.

We car assume that CT6 will reach to $140,000, but I think that's a bit much. Probably $125,000.
    That being said, the true flagships are within striking distance of $200,000 or beyond.

It's all a matter of where you want to start your scale.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mgescuro For This Useful Post:

TheNewStandard (12-04-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by optiongm View Post
    I said it before and will say it again CT6 will not meet GM sales targets, the CT8 will never see the pavement..... Suv/Cuv have seen to that...
    there should be more than one sedans on the Omega platform.....the CT6 and CT8 can not be that far apart in dates.....the Alpha platform has two sedans witch are the ATS/CTS. and there are only one years apart......can't wait too long for the CT8.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,771 Times in 5,646 Posts

It is inexpensive.. but in the idea that it is $54K inexpensive is a bit reaching. Who the hell is buying base cars these days.. especially in the luxo segment with the lease deals they have going on?
    $54k, $55k, whatever it is, it's almost HALF of what a base S-Class costs. A loaded up $90,000 CT6 will be every bit the car as a $130,000 S-Class from a feature standpoint. For what it represents, it's a damn good value.

I think CT6 will seriously align more and more with the next gen A7/CLS/etc. At least the A7, which is rumored to be underpinned by the next A6L, giving it a ~120" wheelbase and basically replacing the SWB A8 in doing so.

Intentionally or not, I think CT6 was the first of what we'll see as sub-flagships.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sfbreh For This Useful Post:

Dequindre (12-03-2015),Ute (12-03-2015)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro View Post
    $54,000 is inexpensive. People who think it's "out of reach" probably wouldn't be buying this car in the first place.

We car assume that CT6 will reach to $140,000, but I think that's a bit much. Probably $125,000.
    That being said, the true flagships are within striking distance of $200,000 or beyond.

It's all a matter of where you want to start your scale.
    The info we've received explicitly puts it around $54k–$140k. Basically a cheap S-Class.

CT8 is supposed to drop in at $150k–$200k and get more tech and lots of customization. Basically a cheap super Ghost.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

the Omega platform should have more than one sedan......the CT6 and CT8 can not be too far apart in dates.....the Alpha platform has two sedans the ATS/CTS... there are only one year apart......can't wait too long for the CT8.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,066 Times in 1,897 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    $54k, $55k, whatever it is, it's almost HALF of what a base S-Class costs. A loaded up $90,000 CT6 will be every bit the car as a $130,000 S-Class from a feature standpoint. For what it represents, it's a damn good value.

I think CT6 will seriously align more and more with the next gen A7/CLS/etc. At least the A7, which is rumored to be underpinned by the next A6L, giving it a ~120" wheelbase and basically replacing the SWB A8 in doing so.

Intentionally or not, I think CT6 was the first of what we'll see as sub-flagships.
    True. And they said the next A7 will not be a hatch but more of a rakish 4 door.

I would price the CT8 at 85k w/ V8 and luxury trim level.

Banned
    Fishing with Zora and Ferdinand. LOL!!! The Z Man just pulled in a helluva Yellow Tail.. Let's Eat
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 753 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AMERICA 123 View Post
    Well, any to all ........ would be good - or perhaps.... just the Premium / Luxury Brands and some specific standard brand stuff - but I do not want to make it difficult, time consuming or a problem.
    Yeah.. I looked at the chart.. and yeah.. a lil time consuming to do. Sorry. I get your point tho

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MiatsoCi For This Useful Post:

AMERICA 123 (12-04-2015)

Banned
    Fishing with Zora and Ferdinand. LOL!!! The Z Man just pulled in a helluva Yellow Tail.. Let's Eat
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 753 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post

Good points all around. But I have to wonder.. What would a A8 SWB go for here in the U.S. if avail? One thing I find curious is that the A8.. when it was avail here (non LWB) was actually classified by the EPA as a "MID-SIZED" like the CT6

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MiatsoCi For This Useful Post:

AMERICA 123 (12-04-2015)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

the CT8 should the return of the big comfy iconic sedan like form the 1970s.....but in a modern way and with the same driving dymadics as the CT6 with good riding and handling......assuming the CT8 could be in a different segment than the ATS, CTS, CT6......by 2020 the XTS will die and the CT8 will be born......the XTS is unneeded......and the XTS shouldn't see 2020.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,066 Times in 1,897 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

Quote Originally Posted by RyeShelton View Post
    the CT8 should the return of the big comfy iconic sedan like form the 1970s.....but in a modern way and with the same driving dymadics as the CT6 with good riding and handling......assuming the CT8 could be in a different segment than the ATS, CTS, CT6......by 2020 the XTS will die and the CT8 will be born......the XTS is unneeded......and the XTS shouldn't see 2020.
    XTS is confirmed to be a dead man walking for 2018. They could quicken it by making it fleet only next year

Thanks

Good points all around. But I have to wonder.. What would a A8 SWB go for here in the U.S. if avail? One thing I find curious is that the A8.. when it was avail here (non LWB) was actually classified by the EPA as a "MID-SIZED" like the CT6
    I dunno. The A8 was for sale not too long ago. I think 2015 or 2016 was the first year they went A8L-only.

Pretty sure it was in the high 70s.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    GM hasn't released any sales estimates that I have seen, but I'm talking internal sales estimates.... Cadillac is following a car centric path when a Suv/Cuv centric path is key to success...

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

The 2015 A8 3.0 (SWB) started at 78,000 USD, 87K for the V-8. They went A8L only for 2016 (sans S8 Plus) but the price didn't change much: 81K for a L 3.0.

Globally we'll probably see fewer uses of short wheelbase large sedans and, because of Asian markets, a transition to long wheelbase being "standard" with a personal limo version being the "new" LWB. Mercedes already sells a few (factoring in Maybach and Pullman versions) and the current Equus doesn't have a shorter wheelbase, yet does have a limo-y variant, the Limousine. But there might still be a market for a few shorter wheelbase products depending on the brand and regional market. Quattroporte is too niche to justify a shorter wheelbase, so there's that.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

they said the XTS will not die till 2019.....I wish it will be sooner.....the XTS has no business being a Cadillac......its just a big Chevy with a Cadillac badge.......XTS please die.......CT8 please come.
    Last edited by RyeShelton; 12-03-2015 at 09:32 PM.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Engelman's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10ZR1/'13 XTS/'15 Escalade/

Saw this over at another site and thought it was quite interesting. I didn't quote them but did decide to re-format the info in my own words

The $54,490 CT6 is a base trim level with the 2.0L Turbo LTG inline-four engine making 272 horses and 295 pound-feet of torque with 8-speed automatic transmission and with automatic engine Stop/Start.

Next CT6 with the 2.0T engine is Luxury. with a few extras.. and a price of $59,390. Both are RWD

Next Up the CT6 offers 3.6L V6 LGX engine making 335 horsepower and 285 pound-feet of torque with 8-speed 8L45 automatic transmission and with automatic engine Stop/Start. This is exclusively in all-wheel drive and comes in

CT6 (base): $56,490
    Luxury: $61,390
    Premium Luxury: $64,565
    Platinum: $84,460

Last up is the 3.0L LGW Twin-Turbo V6 with 400 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque and GMs 8L90 8-speed automatic transmission. This is all-wheel drive only but, unlike the NA LGX V6 , the TT V6 LGW can only be configured in three trims levels:

Luxury: $65,390
    Premium Luxury: $68,565
    Platinum: $88,460

At almost $89,000.. one has to wonder if a paint upgrade alone might send it over $90,000 not to mention perhaps a few other things. But the question remains; What will the TTV8 VSport come in asking??? I'm guessing we are going over $120K at the end of the day,

The CT8 will launch sometime AFTER 2020. It will be bigger, have new, groundbreaking technologies, another V8 choice, and will be much, more expensive than the CT6. The one that may arrive BEFORE 2020 would be the CT7.
    Jake

22. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast