Cadillac CT6 Really not as Inexpensive as Some May Think

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CT6 Really not as Inexpensive as Some May Think

Banned
    Fishing with Zora and Ferdinand. LOL!!! The Z Man just pulled in a helluva Yellow Tail.. Let's Eat
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 753 Posts

Cadillac CT6 Really not as Inexpensive as Some May Think

Saw this over at another site and thought it was quite interesting. I didn't quote them but did decide to re-format the info in my own words

The $54,490 CT6 is a base trim level with the 2.0L Turbo LTG inline-four engine making 272 horses and 295 pound-feet of torque with 8-speed automatic transmission and with automatic engine Stop/Start.

Next CT6 with the 2.0T engine is Luxury. with a few extras.. and a price of $59,390. Both are RWD

Next Up the CT6 offers 3.6L V6 LGX engine making 335 horsepower and 285 pound-feet of torque with 8-speed 8L45 automatic transmission and with automatic engine Stop/Start. This is exclusively in all-wheel drive and comes in

CT6 (base): $56,490
    Luxury: $61,390
    Premium Luxury: $64,565
    Platinum: $84,460

Last up is the 3.0L LGW Twin-Turbo V6 with 400 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque and GM’s 8L90 8-speed automatic transmission. This is all-wheel drive only but, unlike the NA LGX V6 , the TT V6 LGW can only be configured in three trims levels:

Luxury: $65,390
    Premium Luxury: $68,565
    Platinum: $88,460

At almost $89,000.. one has to wonder if a paint upgrade alone might send it over $90,000 not to mention perhaps a few other things. But the question remains; What will the TTV8 VSport come in asking??? I'm guessing we are going over $120K at the end of the day,

Last edited by MiatsoCi; 12-03-2015 at 05:06 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MiatsoCi For This Useful Post:

AMERICA 123 (12-04-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: Cadillac CT6 Really not as Inexpensive as Some May Think

the CT6 is not the flagship for the brand.....the CT8 will be when it arrives for 2020......save the V8 for the CT8.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RyeShelton For This Useful Post:

bronx13 (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,771 Times in 5,646 Posts

CT6 is supposed to run $55k-$140k by the end of its life.

CT6 IS as inexpensive as we think, and that's a good thing. It gives it an advantage in the market and foretells a price realignment of the next gen product.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sfbreh For This Useful Post:

AMERICA 123 (12-04-2015),mgescuro (12-03-2015)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

the CT6 design is a bit dull.....the CT8 should come sooner rather than later with sharper designs......if the CT6 tops out at $140k I think the CT8 will top out above $200K.....I can see Cadillac putting out 4 new crossovers and 4 new sedans by 2019 or 2020.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RyeShelton For This Useful Post:

bronx13 (12-04-2015),johnstarnes (12-05-2015)

Banned
    Fishing with Zora and Ferdinand. LOL!!! The Z Man just pulled in a helluva Yellow Tail.. Let's Eat
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    CT6 is supposed to run $55k-$140k by the end of its life.

CT6 IS as inexpensive as we think, and that's a good thing. It gives it an advantage in the market and foretells a price realignment of the next gen product.
    It is inexpensive.. but in the idea that it is $54K inexpensive is a bit reaching. Who the hell is buying base cars these days.. especially in the luxo segment with the lease deals they have going on?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyeShelton View Post
    the CT6 is not the flagship for the brand.....the CT8 will be when it arrives for 2020......save the V8 for the CT8.
    Who brought it up as one in this thread other than U? At a possible $140K this NON-FLAGSHIP may not be a flagship, but it gives a strong indicator of what the pricing of said Flagship will reach

Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,094 Posts
    My Ride
    The Toyota Rat Catcher

If.......one considers the **** storm it will very likely be arriving in, thru no fault of GM, they are doing exactly the right thing and imo with exactly the right kind of car .... for now, subject to change as the situation develops.

Read this - both for the month and the YTDs - and ponder while ignoring that sickening feeling developing in your gut.

We just may look back a while down the road, and see this ( Nov 2015 Cars ) in retrospect, as a key turning point.

A type of Canary in the Coal Mine although mixed in with some well expected other.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/12...odel.html#more

Here, just a taste -

Mercedes-Benz S-Class 19,771 22,444 -11.9% 1,856 2,863 -35.2%

_____

MiatsoCi, a request - which I want you to feel fully free to refuse.

Any chance you could post ( clip ) this up - using the second column header for ordering ie to force a by brand listing ?

Gives / helps give full credence to the correctness of CT6 pricing etc.
    Last edited by AMERICA 123; 12-03-2015 at 06:12 PM.
    "From tech stocks to high gas prices, Goldman Sachs has engineered every major market manipulation since the Great Depression — and they're about to do it again."
    "The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money."
    "If America is circling the drain, Goldman Sachs has found a way to be that drain — " Matt Taibbi

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AMERICA 123 For This Useful Post:

2b2 (12-03-2015)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

the CT8 should be in development by now.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AMERICA 123 View Post
    If.......one considers the **** storm it will very likely be arriving in, thru no fault of GM, they are doing exactly the right thing and imo with exactly the right kind of car .... for now, subject to change as the situation develops.

Read this - both for the month and the YTDs - and ponder while ignoring that sickening feeling developing in your gut.

We just may look back a while down the road, and see this ( Nov 2015 Cars ) in retrospect, as a key turning point.

A type of Canary in the Coal Mine although mixed in with some well expected other.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/12...odel.html#more

Here, just a taste -

Mercedes-Benz S-Class19,77122,444-11.9%1,8562,863-35.2%

_____

MiatsoCi, a request - which I want you to feel fully free to refuse.

Any chance you could post ( clip ) this up - using the second column header for ordering ie to force a by brand listing ?

Gives / helps give full credence to the correctness of CT6 pricing etc.
    Do u mean the entire Chart? Or something along the lines of just the major Flagship luxo names?

I will when I get back in front of a system.

I see where you are going with this tho. The entire car market really is faltering right now. I only hope we do not see GM do what it did in '96 and focus completely on CUVs, abandoning car development. Cadillac should have a CUV/SUV for every car it makes however. Choice is where the Germans currently accel.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,094 Posts
    My Ride
    The Toyota Rat Catcher

Well, any to all ........ would be good - or perhaps.... just the Premium / Luxury Brands and some specific standard brand stuff - but I do not want to make it difficult, time consuming or a problem.
    "From tech stocks to high gas prices, Goldman Sachs has engineered every major market manipulation since the Great Depression — and they're about to do it again."
    "The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money."
    "If America is circling the drain, Goldman Sachs has found a way to be that drain — " Matt Taibbi

Sox
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Ducati Multistrada

Quote Originally Posted by RyeShelton View Post
    the CT6 design is a bit dull.....the CT8 should come sooner rather than later with sharper designs......if the CT6 tops out at $140k I think the CT8 will top out above $200K.....I can see Cadillac putting out 4 new crossovers and 4 new sedans by 2019 or 2020.
    You think Cadillac is going to put out 2 brand new products each year for the next 4 years? Are you on crack? We have been waiting for over 10 years (also known as a decade) for Cadillac to put out ONE new crossover (while Audi releases three). Who do you think is going to wake up Rip van Cadillac?

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    I said it before and will say it again CT6 will not meet GM sales targets, the CT8 will never see the pavement..... Suv/Cuv have seen to that...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by optiongm View Post
    I said it before and will say it again CT6 will not meet GM sales targets, the CT8 will never see the pavement..... Suv/Cuv have seen to that...
    Did GM publish any sales targets yet?
    __________________________________________________ _______________

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dequindre For This Useful Post:

TheNewStandard (12-04-2015)

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,918 Times in 1,784 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    You think Cadillac is going to put out 2 brand new products each year for the next 4 years? Are you on crack? We have been waiting for over 10 years (also known as a decade) for Cadillac to put out ONE new crossover (while Audi releases three). Who do you think is going to wake up Rip van Cadillac?

Uwe and JdN have already confirmed 4 all new CUV/SUV's by 2020, (MY?) of which the XT5 is just the first.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Cadillac said 8 new cars will come by 2020....I would emagine there will be.......a sub-compact sedan=CT2......a ATS/CTS replacement=CT4 witch the both the ATS and CTS will be replaced by a single car......CT6=all-ready coming.......CT8=flagship above the CT6.........XT2=sub-compact CUV.......XT4= Mid-size CUV.......XT5=U know........XT6= large CUV.

24. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information