I'm looking for some advice.
The 3-year lease on my mother's 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Luxury (Black Raven/Caramel) is up in one month. It's got about 19k miles, so it's well under the 30k cap. I'm trying to decide whether she should consider buying the car, and if so, how to go about doing it.
The car's been pretty good overall. It did, however, leave her stranded once, because the fan quit and it overheated.
The lease is with Ally. The buyout is $26,480, which from what I can tell from checking other used ATSs, is pretty high. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to take it to Carmax for an appraisal.
My questions are:
Should I expect Ally to be flexible on the price?
If so, what's a reasonable price?
How do I get the ball rolling? Do I contact Ally directly, or do I need to deal with a dealer from the get-go?
My father passed away in December. He was very much a Cadillac man and was excited to get my mom her first Cadillac. It ended up being the last car he got for her. She loves it, and there's some emotional attachment because of the circumstances.
Whether she buys the ATS or something else, we're not looking to lease again. It's just a matter of what to buy.