Turbo upgrade kit for Solstice GXP, Sky Redline, HHR SS and Cobalt SS released!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo upgrade kit for Solstice GXP, Sky Redline, HHR SS and Cobalt SS released!

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC WWI Flying Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

Turbo upgrade kit for Solstice GXP, Sky Redline, HHR SS and Cobalt SS released!

Solstice GXP, HHR SS, Cobalt SS, and Sky Redline owners rejoice!

http://tunersource.gmblogs.com/blog/...e-kit-released

Santa! Are you listening?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Turbo upgrade kit for Solstice GXP, Sky Redline, HHR SS and Cobalt SS released!

80 ft-lb of torque for $650. Not bad.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 61BelAir's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Turbo upgrade kit for Solstice GXP, Sky Redline, HHR SS and Cobalt SS released!

Quote Originally Posted by jkennedy293 View Post
    80 ft-lb of torque for $650. Not bad.
    Not bad! Thats freaking great, and according to the article, the new kit unlocks the learn feature, so with some additional well placed aftermarket parts there is the possibility of even better gains.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

That's awesome and one of the main reasons I really like F.I. factory engines. Also in before someone claims a stock ecotec can make 1000hp with more boost.

Thanks
    My Ride
    See Sig

Glad to see GM is opening up some tuner options for the LNF. 30hp and 80 lb-ft of tq for 650 bucks is impressive. Unlocking the "learn" feature, and adding the Cobalt's "no lift shift" are also nice bonuses.
    Current:
    2000 Corvette Convertible MN6 - Summer DD (CAI, LS6 intake mani, cam, valve springs, 25% UD Pulley, LT headers/X-pipe, C5Z06 Ti catback, C6Z51 anti-sway bars w/ custom heim joint end links, C6Z51 dampers, LG tunnel plate, Nitto NT05s)
    2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT - Winter & Utility
    2013 Chevrolet Tahoe LT Z71
    1995 BMW M3 5 spd - Track toy
    1998 Honda VFR800FI
    2005 Fleetwood Prowler 28' Travel Trailer
    Wife:
    2018 Silverado CC NHT

Thanks

Amen to all of that! I can't wait to get mine in the spring. Santa didn't come through, so I'm saving my pennies! Then some kind of exhaust upgrade to take advantage of the "no learn down" feature. I'm really happy that GM is offering this tune!
    Last edited by WWI Flying Ace; 01-08-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks

Got the GMP tune installed yesterday, after waiting for a long time to order it...got it at Crate Engine Depot for $550...once it got to my front door, got it over to the dealer. One hour install at the dealership later...and...

WOW!!!!!!! It is amazing! I fear that my back tires are not going to last too much longer...

Last edited by WWI Flying Ace; 04-18-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by WWI Flying Ace View Post
    WOW!!!!!!! It is amazing! I fear that my back tires are not going to last too much longer...
    Are you sure you own this car? Back tires hmmm...

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC leafs_fan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big swede View Post
    Are you sure you own this car? Back tires hmmm...
    He does drive a Solstice so yes, back tires 'cause the car is RWD

Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_fan View Post
    Very nice! For some reason I thought he bought a Cobalt a while ago. Sounds like a great upgrade either way.

Thanks

Thanks for covering my back, Leafs_Fan.

Big Swede...Cobalts are nice but not what I have. Although one of the things the GMPP tune does besides up the torque, HP, and turbo boost is enable "no lift shift", which I think was originally available on Cobalts. (I love your avatar pic by the way! I'm actually a big fan of RWD...was one of the big selling points of the Solstice for me...)

Either way, this GMPP upgrade makes the Solstice GXP and Sky RedLine that much more amazing...I have a lot of testimonials and my personal experience for Solstice and Sky owners, but I am really curious to hear from any HHR owners out there how it does on their cars too...
    Last edited by WWI Flying Ace; 04-20-2009 at 04:05 AM.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC leafs_fan's Avatar
    Thanks

Well either is cool, Id rather have the sky redline just because i prefer the looks of them but you can;t go wrong with any of GM's SS, GXP's or Redlines with that fantastic turbo i-4

Thanks

Well either is cool, Id rather have the sky redline just because i prefer the looks of them but you can;t go wrong with any of GM's SS, GXP's or Redlines with that fantastic turbo i-4
    Amen! I was on the fence but ended up getting my Solstice and raved about it so much, my uncle was going to buy one. But then he passed a Saturn dealer on the way to the Pontiac dealer, and, well, now he owns a Sky.

Either way they are great cars. Went on a tour of the factory in Delaware last May, saw where they make them both, side by side. They are really amazing cars. I heartily encourage anyone who has never driven one to go down to the nearest Pontiac or Saturn dealer and test drive...you will be amazed!

The 2.0 is an amazing engine...strong as hell, and has a ton of power and torque...and even more available depending on add ons, etc. And great mileage too, for that matter, as long as you are not enjoying the turbo too much that is!
    Last edited by WWI Flying Ace; 04-21-2009 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks

Where can I find this Boost Control kit?

Buying this for my mom on mothers day, but I can't seem to find any where bo buy it. All I can find is the installation instructions.

Should I just contact a dealer?
    I have seen the boobs. And they is us.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schmallz View Post
    Where can I find this Boost Control kit?

Buying this for my mom on mothers day, but I can't seem to find any where bo buy it. All I can find is the installation instructions.

Should I just contact a dealer?
    Try Crate Engine Depot. You'll save about $100 if you go through them if their pricing is still what it was when I bought:

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...arts-C179.aspx
    http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...P2292C179.aspx

Just be aware of the time it may take to get the kit (from a dealer or Crate Engine Depot (who is also a dealer)). Mine was on backorder for a LONG time before I got it (about 6 weeks if memmory serves). But the kit is so fun your Ma will not mind waiting once she gets it. Heck, you will probably want to drive the car a lot too! It is a lot of fun with the kit! Anyway his site lists plenty of inventory now though so you should be able to get it really quick.
    Last edited by WWI Flying Ace; 04-30-2009 at 02:00 PM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information