Solstice Stage II kit available now!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solstice Stage II kit available now!

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC WWI Flying Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

Solstice Stage II kit available now!

Can't believe nobody posted this earlier, but here it is...Stage II kit for Solstice GXP and Sky Redline (and HHR too)...290 HP and up to 340 Ft. Lbs torque! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...-review-52407/

"19212670 Performance Upgrade Kit for Solstice

Applicable: 2007, 2008, 2009 Solstice GXP/SKY RedLine

Retail Price: Still TBD as of 11/20/2008, expected to be less than $1000.

Installation labor: not included. Guideline is 1 hour installation.

Retail Availability:
    2007-2008 Model Year estimated on or before 12/15/2008
    2009 Model year estimated 2nd Quarter 2009, after introduction of 2009 2.0l turbo model in production (requires different calibration/software and certification after the production application has been sold)

Premium fuel is REQUIRED with this kit.

This performance upgrade enables no-lift shift feature.

What's in the box:
    1 - 11589015 Bolt Tmap Sensor
    2 - 88988320 Connector Sen-MAP w/ leads
    1 - 12602863 Sticker Premium Fuel
    1 - 12626987 Label Cert
    2 - 12626998 O-Ring T-MAP
    2 - 55206797 Sensor T-MAP (Bosch Part # 0 281 002 845, supposed to be used on Alfa Romeo 159 1.9 JTD)
    1 - (npn) GM Performance Decal (missing from my kit)
    1 - 19212711 Instruction Sheet

You can purchase the parts of the kit with these part numbers, but the necessary software flash can only be installed through a dealership, so it will not do you any good. The instructions have an authorization code, and this code combined with your VIN is what is needed to install the powertrain software into your car.

There are several software calibration files, depending on whether your car is a Solstice/SKY or HHR, manual or automatic transmission, and whether your car has a brake vaccuum pump or OHB.

The kit is emissions legal in all 50 states.

How is it installed?
    The TMAP (Temperature/Pressure) Sensor on the post-charge air cooler/pre-throttle blade tube, and the MAP (Manifold Air Pressure) Sensor on the manifold are replaced by the same Bosch TMAP sensor above. These sensors are an off-the-shelf part, and prior to install require the O-ring to be replaced with a thicker O-ring.

Your old sensors are cut off, and the new sensors are installed using provided adaptor harnesses and shrink wrap.

Then, your car is flashed with the new software through an internet connection and a Tech 2. This calibration is released by the authorization code and your VIN, and can only be installed at a dealership or other authorized service center.

What's it do? Current production engine is 260 [email protected] rpm \ 260 [email protected] to approx. 5250 rpm. With Stage II kit:

2007 & 2008 Solstice/Sky Manual Trans: 290 [email protected] rpm \ 340 [email protected] rpm
    2007 & 2008 Solstice/Sky Auto Trans: 290 [email protected] rpm \ 325 [email protected] rpm"

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Solstice Stage II kit available now!

What? All it takes is a reflash and better sensors?
    "People meet, and people part. This meeting may truly be as insignificant as a ripple in the ocean, but that's alright. I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can, while it lasts." - Shido
    Hidden Content
    Jennifer: Hidden Content

Thanks

Crazy, isn't it? I am used to having to do much more involved things to get more power in hot rods, but in this case the reflash and sensors do the trick. There are aftermarket tunes that add more than this GM one...but the GM one is covered under the warranty, wich is a great thing!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 61BelAir's Avatar
    Thanks

That would be a cool addition to the HHR SS. I really want to get a new Camaro next year, but an HHR-SS with the stage II kit sounds pretty wicked

Thanks

So would this theoretically make the Solstice Coupe GXP faster than the G8 GXP?
    "People meet, and people part. This meeting may truly be as insignificant as a ripple in the ocean, but that's alright. I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can, while it lasts." - Shido
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Millefune View Post
    So would this theoretically make the Solstice Coupe GXP faster than the G8 GXP?
    I'm not sure but I think the answer would be that the Solstice GXP (Coupe or Convertible) would be closer, but not quite faster. Stock the Solstice is already a rocket at 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, and what they are reporting on the thread on the Solstice forum is that the 0-60 with the tune is about 4.9 or 5.0 seconds. I think the G8 GXP would be a bit quicker but I am not exactly sure what the 0-60 is on it...if I recall it was around 4.5 seconds 0-60. But if you put a nice preformance exhaust and a Cold Air Intake on the Solstice GXP (both of which are available from GM as well as a number of other aftermarket suppliers) you could probably get where the G8 is for 0-60 times. And, you'd probably be doing all that over 30 MPG with the Solstice, whereas the G8 GXP would get much less mileage and have the gas guzzler tax. And you could put the top down on a Solstice (noticed you are in California). Of course you can't fit a family of 5 in a Solstice like you could in a G8! They are both great cars...I am very happy for Pontiac that they have both of them! If I could I would own them both.
    Last edited by WWI Flying Ace; 12-14-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks

Here is some more detail, including more info for HHR and Cobalt as well as Solstice and Sky owners...

http://tunersource.gmblogs.com/blog/...e-kit-released

Maybe Santa will be nice to me this year...

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

290 hp is pretty amazing
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by F14CRAZY View Post
    290 hp is pretty amazing
    Thats 2.3hp/cubic inch or 145hp/liter, which is pretty damn impressive. I have plans on getting the Camaro RS with the V6 later next year,
    but this new stage II kit on an HHR SS would be pretty awesome. If only I could buy both!
    Last edited by 61BelAir; 12-17-2008 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 61BelAir View Post
    Thats 2.3hp/cubic inch or 145hp/liter, which is pretty damn impressive. I have plans on getting the Camaro RS with the V6 later next year,
    but this new stage II kit on an HHR SS would be pretty awesome. If only I could buy both!

That is how I feel about adding a G8 GXP to my "fleet". A Camaro would look good too! Hell...why not add 'em both...I can sell the house and sleep in one of the cars!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WWI Flying Ace View Post
    That is how I feel about adding a G8 GXP to my "fleet". A Camaro would look good too! Hell...why not add 'em both...I can sell the house and sleep in one of the cars!

lol...if only it were that easy!

Thanks

Would having this upgrade, along with the suspension package upgrade, still let the car qualify for "Showroom Stock" at the SCCA autocross?
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Millefune View Post
    Would having this upgrade, along with the suspension package upgrade, still let the car qualify for "Showroom Stock" at the SCCA autocross?
    Not sure...someone at the Solstice Forum might know though. I"ll post it and see if anybody knows...

Thanks

Does not look like it. Here is the answer that was just posted over there:

"No it would have to run in B-Street Prepared for Auto-x, not sure what club racing class it goes to though.

The suspension and engine tune are dealer items that are not normal production items."

Hope that helps! That thread is at http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...82/#post817015 if you want to check back from time to time.

Thanks

That blows. I thought that the Z0K suspension package could be ordered from the factory. I remember something about the Miata crowd getting mad, because the Solstice started raining on their parade with that option installed.

I appreciate you finding out for me!
    Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information