PROS and CONS of the Aura... - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PROS and CONS of the Aura...

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 905 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Re: PROS and CONS of the Aura...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_S
    + no manual transmission
    Amen Brother. I would jump all over this car if it had a stick/I4 or stick/V6 option. But it doesn't. GM is nuts for this -- they're trying to tackle VW, Honda/Acura and more upscale brands while ignoring the enthusiasts who've chosen those brands and made them successful.

Stupid move if you has me. It should have a stick, plain and simple.
    "La vita come un albero di Natale..c' sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Michael_S's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nadepalma
    Amen Brother. I would jump all over this car if it had a stick/I4 or stick/V6 option. But it doesn't. GM is nuts for this -- they're trying to tackle VW, Honda/Acura and more upscale brands while ignoring the enthusiasts who've chosen those brands and made them successful.

Stupid move if you has me. It should have a stick, plain and simple.
    I think the market for a manual tranny is laughably tiny. However, professional auto reviewers are often performance enthusiasts. Give them a reviewer car with a manual transmission with a good shift feel, and in most cases they'll be more favorable in the rest of the review.

And like you said, if you want to look like you offer everything that the imports offer, you have to actually do it. It doesn't matter if a manual transmission Aura with a DVD navigation system only sells once every two weeks all across the country. If it's available for comparison tests, it makes Saturn look better.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member BigAls87Z28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I agree, there are some things that must be done for this car.
    I would like to see how much it would cost to certify the 6spd manual to the 3.6 int he Epsilon chassis. I dont remember the 6spd manual getting too great of a review by car mags, so maybe its not a total loss.
    I think that that the lack of HID's as an option is a bit more important. That instantly gives off an image of luxury.
    Alexander Villani
    GMInsideNews Writer/Editor

Have some news?
    Email Me: Hidden Content
    Follow me on twitter: @AlexVGMI

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 734 Posts
    My Ride
    Terrain Denali 2016, Black

Quote Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
    I agree, there are some things that must be done for this car.

I think that that the lack of HID's as an option is a bit more important. That instantly gives off an image of luxury.
    Love HIDs...but where do we draw the line between an afordable VERY NICE sedan and a CTS? This is not intended as an entry level luxury sedan. If we include a few more things others have suggested we can get to $30K + real fast and price it out of the market. Just buy the CTS and be done with it if it is the toys that make the difference.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information