PROS and CONS of the Aura... - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PROS and CONS of the Aura...

Thanks

Re: PROS and CONS of the Aura...

Quote Originally Posted by adaca
    While at the nav too, they should intergrate the driver's preferences, and trip computer capabilities onto the nav user interface.

There's no memory seating either, great if you need to change drivers frequently.

I'm sore that they use the same parts bin steering wheel also on the C6. That steering wheel might look fine for the Aura, but is too cheap (the vinyl hub, and cheap feeling leather) for the C6.

haha oh my god

i knew the c6 interior wasn't all that but there's absolutely NO WAY any vehicle in any lineup should have the same steering wheel as the corvette

wow

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmhashope
    THE AURA OFFERS A NAVIGATION SYSTEM, JUST NOT A NAVIGATION SCREEN. The only con I have for the Aura is how it doesn't look the greatest in pictures.
    The "Turn by Turn" navigation system offered by the Aura is nowhere near in the same class as a true navigation system. You can't look up points of interest along your trip, you can't pick from route overviews, you can't see an 'eagle's eye' overview of your route, you just don't have control.

It's just not as good.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Michael_S's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanRevolution
    CONS:
    + no manual transmission
    + 4 speed auto in XE
    + disappointing fuel economy for XR

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

I was actually quite put off on the door panel arm rest texture.
    Hidden Content

My Rides (2013 Chevrolet Volt, 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Baja):
    Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie
    "I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." - Mitch Hedberg ...

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 734 Posts
    My Ride
    Terrain Denali 2016, Black

Quote Originally Posted by 91 s-10baja
    I was actually quite put off on the door panel arm rest texture.
    1.5 Billion goes into developing and producing this car and all you have to say is that you don't like the armrest? You HAVE to be kidding , right?

Never thought of shopping for a car based on arm rest texture. Guess I'll have to give it a try.

Might find the AVEO texture is better than my STS. WHAT TO DO???

Thanks

While the Aura seems to be a competent car I can't get past the front end that to me seem Aztek ugly. Also the rear end is way too generic and not much different from the G6/Cobalt rear end theme.

These two visual mishap alone will kill lot of sales for the Aura. That front end with those sleepy headlights, ew. . . what were they thinking?

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by SobeSVT
    While the Aura seems to be a competent car I can't get past the front end that to me seem Aztek ugly. Also the rear end is way too generic and not much different from the G6/Cobalt rear end theme.

These two visual mishap alone will kill lot of sales for the Aura. That front end with those sleepy headlights, ew. . . what were they thinking?
    I suppose everything is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to REALLY like the front AND rear...well enough that I leased an XE for my MOM..and she loves it also. Encountered another couple at the dealer while waiting for delivery, and their words were "stunning". They chose a black XR B/4 I left.

Particularly like the rear LEDs.

My suggestion: Buy the CamCord. Neither should offend ANYONE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goatgary
    1.5 Billion goes into developing and producing this car and all you have to say is that you don't like the armrest? You HAVE to be kidding , right?

Never thought of shopping for a car based on arm rest texture. Guess I'll have to give it a try.

He's not kidding and I agree with him. No, it probably wouldn't stop me from buying the car, but it should look and feel better than it does. The grain pattern is tiny and unattractive, it's too shiny and feels cheap (especially the fake stitching). On my G6, I love how the upper dash & doors have a very low gloss, leather grain pattern and feel, but the door armrests have a very tiny grain pattern that doesn't match the upper doors and just feels like cheap rubbery plastic. These are all "little things" but things that say a lot about the vehicle's quality and attention to detail.

Thanks

Exactly, since it is quite visible you would think they would use a higher quality/better looking grain, it does not match ANY OTHER texture in the cabin.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie
    "I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." - Mitch Hedberg ...

Thanks

I suppose everything is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to REALLY like the front AND rear...well enough that I leased an XE for my MOM..and she loves it also. Encountered another couple at the dealer while waiting for delivery, and their words were "stunning". They chose a black XR B/4 I left.

Particularly like the rear LEDs.

My suggestion: Buy the CamCord. Neither should offend ANYONE!
    You are right, that is only my opinion.

I hope you and your mom enjoy the Aura.

BTW, I would chose the Aura over CamCord any day, . . . well not sure about the Accord for which I've always had a soft spot but over the Camry . . . by all means.

Thanks
    My Ride

BTW, we got the new Bronze-Pewter color with neutral interior. Really sweet. It is enhanced by the dark window tint the dealer had already done B/4 he put it on the lot. The paint job is absolutely perfect. Gaps are spot-on. So far, so good.

Also, do not miss the interior night lighting. REALLY cool.

Thanks

BTW, we got the new Bronze-Pewter color with neutral interior. Really sweet. It is enhanced by the dark window tint the dealer had already done B/4 he put it on the lot. The paint job is absolutely perfect. Gaps are spot-on. So far, so good.

Also, do not miss the interior night lighting. REALLY cool.
    Does it have any ambiant lighting , or are you specifically noting how everyghing is backlit?
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie

Thanks
    My Ride

Does it have any ambiant lighting , or are you specifically noting how everyghing is backlit?
    Ambient lighting. Door panels glow below the armrest. When gages come on they
    come up like theater lighting from glow to bright. Also, everything is backlit.

Thanks

Ambient lighting. Door panels glow below the armrest. When gages come on they
    come up like theater lighting from glow to bright. Also, everything is backlit.
    NICE! I knew the guage cluster faded in and out, which is nice. Ambient lighting is classy all the audis have it.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie

Thanks

NICE! I knew the guage cluster faded in and out, which is nice. Ambient lighting is classy all the audis have it.
    So does the Accord after 2003.............also every ACURA has it; they have it the best because they use a cool blue ambient light............pure sweetness

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information