Pontiac Solstice

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Pontiac Solstice

Thanks

Pontiac Solstice

What's the rebate on a 2008 Solstice? $500 on 2009. There are still a few around. With the GM Card bump, loyalty money, rebate and GM disfunction, now might be the time to buy.

Wonder what a good negotiation starting point is for something like this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2009 G8 GT

Re: Pontiac Solstice

Not sure on the incentives but there should be solstices coming for a bit. Went to a graduation party that backed up to plant this past weekend and there were plenty sitting outside the factory.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

With the factories tooling up for '10's, you're talking about a still new, but two year old car.

My top dollar would be somewhere around five grand less than the best deal I was quoted on an '09 after some serious shopping around.

Beward of the dreaded "doc fees", and keep that in mind with your calculations.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC delawaremonte's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a $31,500 GXP Solstice in stock that is an 08 Leftover on sale for $24,995. There are some deals out there. At that number we are losing probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $5,000 even after hold back. Yikes! On a new 09 Solstice GXP you would be somewhere around $29,500 or so all incentives and rebates and basically giving the thing away for no profit. It really depends on equipment and how much you want to spend. oh yeah.. and only a $95 doc fee
    Union Park Buick GMC Wilmington DE Call Micah Molin with your needs at 302-573-5225 Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delawaremonte View Post
    I have a $31,500 GXP Solstice in stock that is an 08 Leftover on sale for $24,995. There are some deals out there. At that number we are losing probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $5,000 even after hold back. Yikes! On a new 09 Solstice GXP you would be somewhere around $29,500 or so all incentives and rebates and basically giving the thing away for no profit. It really depends on equipment and how much you want to spend. oh yeah.. and only a $95 doc fee
    So if I am reading your email right. Starting point of $24,995 minus rebate, loyalty, and GM Card.

Its amazing that there are 2008 around in that car.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

I've seen that the Solstice/Sky have pretty poor reliability ratings. Anybody know what the most common problems are with them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrCritical View Post
    With the factories tooling up for '10's, you're talking about a still new, but two year old car.

My top dollar would be somewhere around five grand less than the best deal I was quoted on an '09 after some serious shopping around.

Beward of the dreaded "doc fees", and keep that in mind with your calculations.
    there won't be anymore Solstices. the Wilmington plant shuts down for good in July.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Delaware is trying to sell the car at a good price. You should check it out.

The sale price is usually less all rebates except the GM Card. But ask him to be sure.

And his doc fee is more than fair.

Thanks

The sale price of $24,995 includes $1,750 in rebates and incentives. If you have GM card earnings you would get that as well. There is no loyalty on 2008 models just 2009s.
    Last edited by delawaremonte; 06-09-2009 at 12:05 PM.
    Union Park Buick GMC Wilmington DE Call Micah Molin with your needs at 302-573-5225 Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2009 G8 GT

The sale price of $24,995 includes $1,750 in rebates and incentives. If you have GM card earnings you would get that as well. There is no loyalty on 2008 models just 2009s.
    If you don't me asking what dealer do you work at? And do you have any Solstice coupes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJ95GAGT View Post
    If you don't me asking what dealer do you work at? And do you have any Solstice coupes?
    Union Park Pontiac Buick GMC in Wilmington. We do not have any Solstice coupes but I may be able to find you one if you are interested. I see you are in Delaware as well. Where are you located?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC WWI Flying Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zabolots View Post
    I've seen that the Solstice/Sky have pretty poor reliability ratings. Anybody know what the most common problems are with them?
    They are great cars...those ratings are made by such foreign-loving organizations as Consumer Reports. There are legions of Miata lovers out there that routinely bash the Solstice. The Solstice is a great car. Check out this forum for lots of info and news:
    http://www.solsticeforum.com/

Don't believe the hype...I have 46k on my 2007. I had the pinion seal recall when I first got it, but so did a billion GM cars including Caddys that year. And that was the last model year that had that issue. Otherwise, the issues I have had have pretty much all been from the crumby dealers I was going to, not the car. Now I am gonig to a great dealer and I could not be happier. She runs like a top, and there is a LOT of aftermarket joy you can add to the engine! Go GXP and never look back!
    Last edited by WWI Flying Ace; 06-09-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2009 G8 GT

Union Park Pontiac Buick GMC in Wilmington. We do not have any Solstice coupes but I may be able to find you one if you are interested. I see you are in Delaware as well. Where are you located?
    I'm not interested in buying one so I wouldn't want you to waste your time getting one. I just wanted to check one out up close in person and at Union Park I could kill some lunch time checking it out.

I'm in the Pike Creek area and actually work near Rockford Park, I visited Union Park a couple of times while shopping for the G8.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJ95GAGT View Post
    I'm not interested in buying one so I wouldn't want you to waste your time getting one. I just wanted to check one out up close in person and at Union Park I could kill some lunch time checking it out.

I'm in the Pike Creek area and actually work near Rockford Park, I visited Union Park a couple of times while shopping for the G8.
    Thats cool. Well if you know anyone looking for a car, send them my way My info is in my signature.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information