Poll on Pontiac, 80% thinks it is a bad move

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Poll on Pontiac, 80% thinks it is a bad move

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Poll on Pontiac, 80% thinks it is a bad move

http://www.newsvine.com/_question/20...-to-ax-pontiac

Cast a vote, I did. (For Pontiac of course).

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 LeSabre's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Poll on Pontiac, 80% thinks it is a bad move

I did this poll already.

!!
    IF It's A Chevrolet & RWD, Don't ride in it!!!

ALL Chevy's NEED to be FWD/F-AWD!!!

If it's a Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Don't ride in/drive it!!

__________________________________________________ __

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC ScottieDogFLA's Avatar
    Thanks

I just did too.
    It makes me laugh that the one responder is unaware that Oldsmobile is already gone. Maybe he was holding out for that next-generation Aurora!
    The other thing that strikes me is how there's sentiment that GM should have killed Buick instead. Which is what I have been saying all along. Buick has much worse negative brand equity than Pontiac.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 LeSabre's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieDogFLA View Post
    I just did too.
    It makes me laugh that the one responder is unaware that Oldsmobile is already gone. Maybe he was holding out for that next-generation Aurora!
    The other thing that strikes me is how there's sentiment that GM should have killed Buick instead. Which is what I have been saying all along. Buick has much worse negative brand equity than Pontiac.
    I doubt that. Buick(along w/Jaguar) knocked Lexus(14yr reign) off the top of the of the most recent J.D. Power & associates survey in reliability. I don't see how Buick would have a negative or worse equity than Pontiac.

!!
    IF It's A Chevrolet & RWD, Don't ride in it!!!

ALL Chevy's NEED to be FWD/F-AWD!!!

If it's a Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Don't ride in/drive it!!

__________________________________________________ __

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

Quote Originally Posted by LeSabre View Post
    I doubt that. Buick(along w/Jaguar) knocked Lexus(14yr reign) off the top of the of the most recent J.D. Power & associates survey in reliability. I don't see how Buick would have a negative or worse equity than Pontiac.

!!
    I just filled out my first J.D. Power and associates survey. Shame any good numbers for Pontiac in the future will be moot for potential customers.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

Thanks

I just vote too. For Pontiac as well. Though, these things won't really change anything even though they still have until June 1. For these clowns at GM won't even care or bother looking at these polls/opinions whatever since they already made an announcement officials. Meddling fools..... But, oh well, the decision is already made, so there's nothing people can do. GM wants to fail, and so be it. Let them fail, if that's what they really want, which it seems that way. They already lost me as a repeat customer, for I won't bother to shop any of their remaning non-sence of an excuse of a car/truck. My next one could be a Dodge Challenger(IF they still exist by then, for Chrysler is dangling on the rope as well), or a new Taurus.

Fairwell, GM. As once a loyal GM buyer who only bought Pontiacs(3rd one now), now you lost me for good, not that they will care about losing ONE customer. I would not, in my right mind, shop Chevy craps or any of their other remaining non-senses. No Pontiac, No Business from me.
    Hidden Content

Also, sign up on my new, Pontiac tribute site, let your voice be heard at:
    Hidden Content , and talk about anything Pontiac, and share the fond memories of once a great brand who became a victim of GM's mismanagement and faltering economy.

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Buick is ranking high in the quality surveys, but it is not generating into sales. Pontiac is GM's second best car brand, while Buick sells far fewer units per year.

I'll certainly miss Pontiac, which has always been my favorite GM brand. Hopefully tossing away so much heritage ends up being the move to save GM, because they are giving up a lot IMO!

Thanks
    My Ride
    Holdens, Saabs and 1 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by LeSabre View Post
    Means exactly squat.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Fformula88 View Post
    Buick is ranking high in the quality surveys, but it is not generating into sales. Pontiac is GM's second best car brand, while Buick sells far fewer units per year.

I'll certainly miss Pontiac, which has always been my favorite GM brand. Hopefully tossing away so much heritage ends up being the move to save GM, because they are giving up a lot IMO!
    It's what's been killing them for 15 years or more.

What is an Olds Intrigue? What is a Pontiac G-thing? What is a Cadillac DTS? What is a Buick LaCrosse?

These are stupid, meaningless names with no equity whatsoever and nobody cares.

Meanwhile Honda still makes the Civic and Accord, Toyota the Camry and Corolla and Hyundai even makes the good old Elantra.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieDogFLA View Post
    Buick has much worse negative brand equity than Pontiac.
    If two retards fight the winner is still a retard.

GM and everything associated is the very definition of negative brand equity.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 montrealvue's Avatar
    Thanks

Pontiac has been a goner for years. Poor quality, lackluster cars that have nothing to do with "excitement". Finally, it will be gone.....not a moment too soon.
    '87 Merc Tracer '88 Toyota Tercel '89 VW Golf '94 Saturn SL '97 Pontiac Grand Am '00 Olds Silhouette '02 Dodge Intrepid '04 Chev Malibu '06 Saturn Vue '08 Toyota Sienna

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Talking Re: Poll on Pontiac, 80% thinks it is a bad move

Quote Originally Posted by TriShield View Post
    It's what's been killing them for 15 years or more.

What is an Olds Intrigue? What is a Pontiac G-thing? What is a Cadillac DTS? What is a Buick LaCrosse?

These are stupid, meaningless names with no equity whatsoever and nobody cares.

Meanwhile Honda still makes the Civic and Accord, Toyota the Camry and Corolla and Hyundai even makes the good old Elantra.
    The rocket science genius's at GM STILL haven't figured this out yet.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information