Hurst Edition Trans Am proves the Screaming Chicken will rise from the ashes

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Hurst Edition Trans Am proves the Screaming Chicken will rise from the ashes

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Hurst Edition Trans Am proves the Screaming Chicken will rise from the ashes

By Jeremy Korzeniewski
    Posted Oct 31st 2012 2:39PM

It seems the Pontiac Trans Am steadfastly refuses to die. Ever since Chevrolet was granted a retrofied Camaro to compete with the Ford Mustang, Pontiac lovers have lamented the loss of this 1970s icon. And, looking at the Hurst Edition from Trans Am Depot, shown here at the 2012 SEMA Show, may explain what all the fuss is about.

It's not going to appeal to everyone's muscle-car tastes, but there's certainly room for a brash-and-bold black-and-gold Special Edition in many a Trans Am lover's garage. After all, if you want the keys to a custom pony car, you'll certainly get noticed in this one. If this scheme isn't your bag,, you can alternatively order your Hurst Edition in white and gold or silver and black. Oh, and don't forget a color-coordinated Screaming Chicken on the hood.

No matter which way you choose to go, your inner Burt Reynolds will appreciate the Eibach suspension kit, forged wheels with Pirelli PZero tires, functional shaker hood, fender air extractors, rear spoiler and, of course, a Hurst shifter inside. The interior is emblazoned with all manner of special touches, including a Hurst dash plate and T/A stitching on the Katzkin two-tone leather seats.

Optional bits include T-Tops, which you simply must include, a supercharger or twin-turbo package and just about anything else your black-and-gold heart desires. If you'd like to know more, check out the official website here and our high-res image gallery above.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/31/h...-am-sema-2012/

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Re: Hurst Edition Trans Am proves the Screaming Chicken will rise from the ashes

Doesn't look bad. I'd buy it. I still really wish Pontiac was around today, though.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: Hurst Edition Trans Am proves the Screaming Chicken will rise from the ashes

What's with the BMW 3-Series headlights??

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 GMC Terrain SLT

GM please bring back the T-Tops.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nruggiero View Post
    I still really wish Pontiac was around today, though.
    Me too, but without daewoo-based cars. Remember how we all felt when GM introduced Aveo with a Pontiac logo? Holden-based RWD cars with American design + some smaller AWD/Turbo cars competing with Subaru would make a proper modern Pontiac brand.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Ronald McChevy's Avatar
    Thanks

This has probably been mentioned before (I don't really follow all of the "OMGZ BRING BACK TEH PONTIACS!!!!!111" threads), but what if GM "brought back" Pontiac by having a trim level and/or options package called "Pontiac" for Chevy performance cars, similar to "Denali" for GMCs.

So there would be a Chevy Camaro Pontiac , Chevy SS Pontiac, Chevy Caprice Pontiac, etc.

Meh?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald McChevy View Post
    This has probably been mentioned before (I don't really follow all of the "OMGZ BRING BACK TEH PONTIACS!!!!!111" threads), but what if GM "brought back" Pontiac by having a trim level and/or options package called "Pontiac" for Chevy performance cars, similar to "Denali" for GMCs.

So there would be a Chevy Camaro Pontiac , Chevy SS Pontiac, Chevy Caprice Pontiac, etc.

Meh?
    I would definitely be open to the idea of a Trans Am special editon and/or trim level of the Camaro. Offering a "Trans Am package" option costing $5,000 or so would draw a good amount of attention and prove benficial to Camaro sales.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by majicbz07 View Post
    GM please bring back the T-Tops.
    I hate to say it, but I doubt they could ever bring back T-Tops given the very strict safety standards of today. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

I wonder if Burt Reynolds has this in his garage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kvolo12 View Post
    I would definitely be open to the idea of a Trans Am special editon and/or trim level of the Camaro. Offering a "Trans Am package" option costing $5,000 or so would draw a good amount of attention and prove benficial to Camaro sales.
    My guess would be that if GM ever decided to offer a proper "Trans Am" package for the Camaro it would cost far, far more than $5,000... The "Hot Wheels" edition Camaro costs $7,000...

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Quixote88 View Post
    My guess would be that if GM ever decided to offer a proper "Trans Am" package for the Camaro it would cost far, far more than $5,000... The "Hot Wheels" edition Camaro costs $7,000...
    You're probably right, though I would point out the Hot Wheels Camaro is a limited edition car and any Trans Am package could be available to all customers ordering a Camaro, which would hhoefully lower the price a bit.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information