DODGE WANTS YOU Pontiac and Saturn owners.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DODGE WANTS YOU Pontiac and Saturn owners.

Thanks
    My Ride
    15 Mustang GT/04 GTO/09 G8GT

Arrow DODGE WANTS YOU Pontiac and Saturn owners.

Caught this commercial the other day on TV. You'll have to click on the "Its the right tool for the job" commercial screen at the Dodge site. It is a very subtle but definite play to get Saturn and Pontiac owners interested, albeit in a clever back-handed way. You'll see what I mean when you watch. Granted they may not be trying to sell you a Grand Caravan, but they want you interested in a Dodge.

(Spoiler alert............................... you'll see the 4 vehicles shown on the road are a Saturn Vue, Pontiac Vibe, Pontiac Firebird and Pontiac Solstice) Very clever. I commend them.

http://www.dodge.com/en/2012/grand_caravan/
    Hidden Content
    2015 Mustang GT Premium TY A6
    (2015 Z2RC) Denied by No-Choice Reuss and GM executive dimwits
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT SRM *
    2004 Pontiac GTO IBM/Blue A4 (1 of 369)*
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP*
    1976 Chevy El Camino Classic
    *all 3 Pontiacs purchased new and still owned/driven

RIP Pontiac 4/27/09: Cruelly killed by GM and know-nothings.
    Currently Ignoring: LovelyMoon 2002 Caddy autoplaybook guionM megeebee PearlsRider PhishPhood Suziebob t-rex

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks

Re: DODGE WANTS YOU Pontiac and Saturn owners.

Dodge has always had good commercials. The invisible monkey commercial was brilliant. Dodge has better offerings than Chevrolet.

Dodge, what do you have that can replace my G8?

Dodge: The Charger

Chevrolet, what do you have to replace my G8?

Chevrolet: *crickets chirping*

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

I noticed that too in the well done commercial. That whole minivan thing is not so dead either. Silver hair boomers love them.
    Last edited by Hitman1970; 12-17-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by PanteraFTW View Post
    Dodge has always had good commercials. The invisible monkey commercial was brilliant. Dodge has better offerings than Chevrolet.

Dodge, what do you have that can replace my G8?

Dodge: The Charger

Chevrolet, what do you have to replace my G8?

Chevrolet: *crickets chirping*
    Yep, Dodge gets us Pontiac owners better than GM does. Shows how clueless GM is to Pontiac fan desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman1970 View Post
    I noticed that too in the commercial well done. That whole minivan thing is not so dead either. Silver hair boomers love them.
    My parents (just a hair older than boomers) love them as well. If GM offered one, they would still own one after years of multiple Astro/Safari and Venture ownership.
    Hidden Content
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT SRM *

Currently Ignoring: LovelyMoon 2002 Caddy autoplaybook guionM megeebee PearlsRider PhishPhood Suziebob t-rex

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC DriveOne.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Fords, a Lincoln + a Cadillac

Very creative ad indeed, I've been impressed with Dodge/Chrysler's advertising as of late.

Except I'm still scratching my head as to why they are getting rid of the Dodge Grand Caravan.... Especially as they end the commerical with "America's best-selling minivan ever". If it's the best seller ever, it only makes sense to cancel it right?

Thanks

I never thought I'd say this.... but I think my next car will be a Dodge. I took a test drive in a Chrysler 200 (the convertible with the retracting hard-top) to see what it was like, and I hated it. I pulled it back in a spot next to a Dodge Charger... and just for poops and giggles, I took a test drive in it. Ladies and Gents, I kid you not as I type this.... as a Saturn orphan... I believe I've found where I belong again.... the Charger will be my next car. (I was floored! I mean, c'mon... 2nd row heated seats??? This isn't Al Bundy's Dodge...)
    '09 "Mean" Yellow Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe #634

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC ILikeNiceCars's Avatar
    Thanks

If Dodge really wanted to be honest in their commercial, they would've also said "if you bought one of our flimsy, cheaply made Caravans, you're not only making yourself look bad, but you're making us all look bad. It's embarassing!"...'nuff said.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,031 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

For all those saddened by the loss of the pontiac G8.....the new charger is a killer deal.

300hp V6
    360hp V8 for 31 grand
    475hp SRT/8 and the superbee is coming to drop the price with less standard features..

I'd suggest Dodge has a hot product on its hands...for the pontiac G8 crowd ....or those who wanted a G8 GT..

The charger is the only mid priced rwd hemi V8 available and I believe they start at 31 grand with the V8...

Take into whatever money Dodge puts on the hood and you've got a great choice..

How many do they sell a year???100,000 chargers??
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

Thanks

I really didnt want to make the move to Chrysler/ Dodge. I like GM, but for my hard earned money, its gotta be what I want! Last month I bit the bullet and test drove a Charger and fell in love! Bought it on the spot!
    KEITH

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DriveOne. View Post
    Except I'm still scratching my head as to why they are getting rid of the Dodge Grand Caravan.... Especially as they end the commerical with "America's best-selling minivan ever". If it's the best seller ever, it only makes sense to cancel it right?
    I find it odd too. They say that the T&C "resonates" more with American buyers (how do they measure resonance?), and that the GC has a lot of fleet sales that could be turned into T&C sales. So what will they do that the GC is going away? Lower the starting price of the T&C by $9,000?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC DriveOne.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Fords, a Lincoln + a Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CheetahDC View Post
    I find it odd too. They say that the T&C "resonates" more with American buyers (how do they measure resonance?), and that the GC has a lot of fleet sales that could be turned into T&C sales. So what will they do that the GC is going away? Lower the starting price of the T&C by $9,000?
    I think your on to something about the fleet sales... I have a feeling the T&C "resonates" more with American buyers because maybe it actually sells in the retail market instead of just to Avis, Hertz, Alamo, and the like. I can't help but feel Dodge is really losing their identity as Fiat slowly pulls away all their defining products. First Ram, then the Viper, now their van and Avenger. In the end they're just going to be a hodgepodge of unrelated products with no strong identity (they say "sport" with Charger & Challenger, but then we have the Durango, Journey, Dart, and upcoming MPV....), meanwhile Chrysler will be pushing themselves downmarket to cover-up the territory that's used to be covered by Dodge. Not to mention the gradual return of the Fiat brand. It's like they're taking an automaker like Toyota or Ford's line-up and splitting it up amongst 5 or 6 different brands. Again, WTF?

Thanks

No thanks Dodge. I had an opportunity to replace my first G8 with a brand new 2011 Charger R/T, I went with another G8 for a reason.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by commodore88 View Post
    No thanks Dodge. I had an opportunity to replace my first G8 with a brand new 2011 Charger R/T, I went with another G8 for a reason.
    Understood, but where do you go next? Low mileage G8's in top condition won't be around forever and GM offers no RWD V8 Sedan. My point is they are setting the table for us. Understood if you don't like the meal though.
    Hidden Content
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT SRM *

Thanks

True, if you do want a new RWD sedan or can't find a suitable used one, the Charger is really the only option unless you opt for the far more expensive German sedans. However, I do remain optimistic that GM will offer a RWD V8 sedan sometime soon. None of this really affects me though, my G8 isn't going anywhere.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

The 300C and Charger are very compelling, and quite frankly I have a hard time paying new car money for a preowned G8 even though its clearly the better car. Now in other parts of the country it may be different but many in my area still want the thick side of $30k for just a standard G8 GT with average miles.
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information