Cost cutting WILL make a customer walk. - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cost cutting WILL make a customer walk.

Thanks

Re: Cost cutting WILL make a customer walk.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerb View Post
    Customer Q: "Why is this new Aura noisier than my 07?"

Salesman A: "Saturn will often make minor changes to components in the car from year to year. In the earlier Auras, the windshields were terribly expensive to replace, so the material was changed to reduce your cost should it need replacement if and when you get a chip or crack. Unfortunately, driving noise can be a little more noticeable for a few people. Let's drive the car again on a different route and see if the noise is consistant."

Turn the negative into a positive. If he was looking at the 4-cyl with the 6-speed, you could also mention that the powertrain has been improved for better gas mileage, and the new powertrain may be a cause of added noise. If it was a particularly windy day, mention that as well.
    This is almost verbatim of my response to the customer. however, all he wanted was his windshield.
    Mercedes: Irrellevant in todays market.

"I would never consider owning a Buick because of the sheer stigma of owning a Buick, no matter how good they got;"
    -Mgescuro the follower.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spencerb View Post
    Customer Q: "Why is this new Aura noisier than my 07?"

Salesman A: "Saturn will often make minor changes to components in the car from year to year. In the earlier Auras, the windshields were terribly expensive to replace, so the material was changed to reduce your cost should it need replacement if and when you get a chip or crack. Unfortunately, driving noise can be a little more noticeable for a few people. Let's drive the car again on a different route and see if the noise is consistant."

Turn the negative into a positive. If he was looking at the 4-cyl with the 6-speed, you could also mention that the powertrain has been improved for better gas mileage, and the new powertrain may be a cause of added noise. If it was a particularly windy day, mention that as well.
    Insurance has always paid for my new windshields. They hell do I care what they cost to replace? An extra $40? Money well spent if it means years of quiet motoring.

Thanks

Turn the radio up and show him the improved speakers for 2009, what does he know if they are different or not.

Well, thanks for the support, I hope he likes his Sonata or Camry.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Chevy Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by MCGARRETT View Post
    Turn the radio up and show him the improved speakers for 2009, what does he know if they are different or not.

your kinda of an *******!

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I agree with coaster's observation. Unfortunately, I'm cringing at what they have in store for the Insignia to Aura translation. I encourage everybody to visit Opel's website and then ask yourself why GM is likely NOT going to let Saturn have some of these great cars in all thier glory. And yes, I know some of the cars will have to wait till their replacement or redesign comes around to meet US standards and regs before they can be brought over.

Say what you want about the Saturn brand, (most say close it), but I believe GM has a potential jewel in this brand. What they must do, however, is let the Opel/Saturn syncronization come to full fruition with each product release, without decontenting and compromising it in some way. Then, for goodness sakes ADVERTISE them more!!!!

Thanks

Could coaster have saved the sale? Maybe, maybe not. But, I'd buy a car from coaster.n3rd any day of the week. Honesty is always the best policy.
    I agree 100%.

Does this mean that when I need to replace my windshield on my '08 Aura (I say when because I always end up doing so), I need to make sure they're giving me the '08 windshield and not the '09?

Thanks

Thanks! I went to a special school for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coaster.n3rd View Post
    That customer was sold as soon as he walked out of here in 2006 with his brand new 07 Aura. I had a customer for life in that guy and would have kept him too if it wasn't for the incompetence on GMs part. I'm not and I reapeat NOT going to lie to someone who has sent me referral after referral and bought from me already.

This cutomer is not stupid or crazy. If your customers are like that maybe it is you who is not cut out for car sales. To suggest for a second I didn't explain all the new features of the car to keep him in my showroom shows a lack of knowledge about Saturn's core values on your part. My CSI which has been at 95% or above reflects that about me. I've had one bad survey at the fault of an Ion and a cutomer with severe buyers remorse.

I reassured this customer a million times and I even called him this morning to try and get him to drive the car one more time. The cusotmer knew what he loved about the car. It wasn't leather, the sunroof or the radio, it was the peace he had while driving his 07 and that has been changed for him. He complained about it as soon as he exited from his test drive. His decision was probably made when he left the lot. He asked, i told the truth.
    You're my kind of salesman. I live in Metro Detroit too. I just bought my car this year but my wife's lease is up on her car next year and she's entertaining the idea of getting into a Vue. If she decides to go that way, I want to send her to you.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jita1 View Post
    I agree 100%.

Does this mean that when I need to replace my windshield on my '08 Aura (I say when because I always end up doing so), I need to make sure they're giving me the '08 windshield and not the '09?
    You live in "Metro Detroit," Coaster lives in "Metro Detroit." You have a 2008 Saturn Aura XE, Coaster has a 2008 Saturn Aura XE. Your first post ever is in a thread defending Coaster....

....hmmmm.

Can you wave to him from your cubicle?

Thanks

but my wife's lease is up on her car next year and she's entertaining the idea of getting into a Vue. If she decides to go that way, I want to send her to you.

You let your wife go car shopping alone?

Dont send her to him, he will tell her how the VUE is overweight, gets bad MPG and is slow.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

The right answer would have been to tell him that the 2009 is actually quieter because the added more insulation.
    That is just what GM needs to be succcesssful - more lies from salesmen! Instead, the salesman should go work for a dealership selling superior products, and call all of his old customers to tell them he is now selling better products, and the ways in which GM has deleted features.
    Some of my radios are on Hidden Content - FStephenMasek
    My company: Hidden Content

Thanks

Turn the radio up and show him the improved speakers for 2009, what does he know if they are different or not...

...You let your wife go car shopping alone?.

Jesus. And you guys wonder why you get a bad rap.

Fact is, that buyer is more likely to look up coaster.n3rd the next time he needs a new car, because he knows he'll treat him like a human being.

By contrast, if that buyer got an a-hole salesman, and that was the only Saturn store within convenient distance of him, then Saturn's probably lost that customer forever, at which point said a-hole could thank himself for Toyonda's conquest sales.

Thanks

Do you slick your hair back, and wear copious amounts of gold jewelry?

Because you sound like one of those types of salesman.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buick61 View Post
    You live in "Metro Detroit," Coaster lives in "Metro Detroit." You have a 2008 Saturn Aura XE, Coaster has a 2008 Saturn Aura XE. Your first post ever is in a thread defending Coaster....

....hmmmm.

Can you wave to him from your cubicle?
    LOL! Ain't that something? Trust me we're not the same guy. Just a funny coincidence. I just found out about this forum from saturnfans.com which I frequent. Besides, there are alot of Aura XE's in Metro Detroit. They seem to do well here. I forgot to mention that my wife works for GM. I bet Coaster's doesn't...

Thanks

You let your wife go car shopping alone?

Dont send her to him, he will tell her how the VUE is overweight, gets bad MPG and is slow.
    That's not nice, man...LOL Actually when she got her G6, she went alone. I called and talked to the sales guy first though. The transaction went smooth as silk.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information