Buying a 2008 Pontiac Vibe - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a 2008 Pontiac Vibe

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,950 Times in 4,280 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Re: Buying a 2008 Pontiac Vibe

Quote Originally Posted by paul8488 View Post
    Yikes, seems a bit pricey. I loved my Vibe, but would have a tough time coughing up 10 grand for one today.

On a strange note, I once went to the Pontiac dealership to buy wheel lugs for winter tires. They wanted $20 (not a typo, $20.00) per lug! The parts guy shrugged and said 'If I were you I'd go to Toyota and get lugs for a Matrix'. I did, and they were around $2.00 each. The GM parts guy couldn't explain why they were so expensive, but I appreciated him sending me elsewhere!
    Weird but pretty much SOP from my many trips to dealer parts counters over the years.

(It sounds like Toyota figured out at least part of it. I wonder what other parts prices are like.)

Someone up the chain either doesn't understand how to move merchandise, or doesn't give a crap. So you can get a 15" or 16" steel wheel that would be fitty to seventy bucks at TR or DT. Dealer wants $180-$200. Oh yeah!

If you sell 12 wheels at a $20 profit, vs. one wheel at a $130 profit, which do you do? Which generates more floor traffic? Goodwill? Exasperation?

Too weird for words.

So, OP, what's the status of the hunt?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Smaart Aas Saabr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul8488 View Post
    Yikes, seems a bit pricey. I loved my Vibe, but would have a tough time coughing up 10 grand for one today.

On a strange note, I once went to the Pontiac dealership to buy wheel lugs for winter tires. They wanted $20 (not a typo, $20.00) per lug! The parts guy shrugged and said 'If I were you I'd go to Toyota and get lugs for a Matrix'. I did, and they were around $2.00 each. The GM parts guy couldn't explain why they were so expensive, but I appreciated him sending me elsewhere!
    we sometimes have customers asking for parts for the things we make at work, small things like bolts for example
    they are cheap but it is like impossible for us to sell... just the time of me to tell them the price, and the cost of us processing the order, having someone go and pick it out of the box is like $50 or $100 even
    Since normally we are doing big machines of $10 000 - $100 000 each
    Sometimes you just have to suggest to go somewhere better aligned to their needs...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Smaart Aas Saabr For This Useful Post:

paul8488 (11-26-2015)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Smaart Aas Saabr View Post
    Sometimes you just have to suggest to go somewhere better aligned to their needs...
    I feel like watching "Miracle on 34th Street" all of a sudden...
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    67 Pontiac 2+2 CV Mariner Turq

No way too high w/o even looking

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 965 Posts
    My Ride
    です

It is a fine car but why not pay a bit more and get something newer?

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12