Aztek HELL and advice.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Aztek HELL and advice.

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Aztek HELL and advice.

Where to start ? I do love my Aztek it's a wonderful car love the looks and comfort. But in the six months I have had it I have had so much work done. I put new tires on which doesn't count just needed them, but then the struts needed work. Fast forward two weeks and the alignment or something in the front end seems out of whack so I take it back Front arm control bushings need replaced but also too I need rear knuckles and re-aligned. Smooth sailing for a little then I had cooling issues so a new thermostat and ETC. I went for a long trip last week and I started getting clicking sounds from the front passenger wheel and my alignment is off again. Currently I am waiting for my appointment to get in the garage but another lovely symptom is that going from my decent MPG I am down to 12 mpg and 17 on the highway. I get cars need taken care of. In my bit of unhapiness I looked back to service records from the other owner and never noticed in early 2014 the work done Inner/Outer tire rod ends on three of the wheels, EGR valve, mass air flow sensor, and three alignments. the Is this normal ? I mean I think it is a lot of bull**** to happen in a small period of time. The car has just hit 80k. Honestly should I just dump the thing ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Sox
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Ducati Multistrada

Re: Aztek HELL and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by seth381 View Post
    Where to start ? I do love my Aztek it's a wonderful car love the looks and comfort. But in the six months I have had it I have had so much work done. I put new tires on which doesn't count just needed them, but then the struts needed work. Fast forward two weeks and the alignment or something in the front end seems out of whack so I take it back Front arm control bushings need replaced but also too I need rear knuckles and re-aligned. Smooth sailing for a little then I had cooling issues so a new thermostat and ETC. I went for a long trip last week and I started getting clicking sounds from the front passenger wheel and my alignment is off again. Currently I am waiting for my appointment to get in the garage but another lovely symptom is that going from my decent MPG I am down to 12 mpg and 17 on the highway. I get cars need taken care of. In my bit of unhapiness I looked back to service records from the other owner and never noticed in early 2014 the work done Inner/Outer tire rod ends on three of the wheels, EGR valve, mass air flow sensor, and three alignments. the Is this normal ? I mean I think it is a lot of bull**** to happen in a small period of time. The car has just hit 80k. Honestly should I just dump the thing ?
    Or set it on fire. A merciful execution.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sox For This Useful Post:

CadiEldo67 (01-19-2015)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Lone Star Skipper Sea King 35

You need to find a new garage. There is no reason to be redoing alignment like that. And replacing rear knuckles? Why? I think this guy is in love with your wallet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Larkbill For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (01-19-2015)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

I mean don't get me wrong but it's hard when your car is out of alignment or clunking. It's rough spot when you aren't mechanically inclined.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Lone Star Skipper Sea King 35

All the more important to ask why and ask them to show you. A good and honest mechanic won't have a problem with that. Despite negative comments about that vehicle's appearance (not from me, I think they are practical enough for that not to matter) they are generally reliable in the extreme. There is something funny going on here.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Larkbill For This Useful Post:

seth381 (01-19-2015)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Cadillac CTS-V

Don't throw away more money on it. Get rid of it ASAP.

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Well after taking it to another mechanic recommended by a friend I found out that the Knuckle bushings are fine, so the previous shop that had did my alignments and everything else was trying to **** me out of $300. I am honestly really glad I went and looked around, out the door with a new O2 sensor and proper alignment I didn't even hit $150.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,696 Times in 4,154 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by seth381 View Post
    Well after taking it to another mechanic recommended by a friend I found out that the Knuckle bushings are fine, so the previous shop that had did my alignments and everything else was trying to **** me out of $300. I am honestly really glad I went and looked around, out the door with a new O2 sensor and proper alignment I didn't even hit $150.
    It pays to shop around. Looks like the previous owner got screwed royally. Three alignments? Maybe he off-roaded it? Or maybe a wrench-twister was in love with HIS wallet!
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

I think to a degree he did but he was older so it makes sense, but that also works two ways I am younger (21) so I am target too. What really gets me is the shop that I was going to for tires and related items is considered a great place to go, completely blows me away but needless to say I won't be back. I know we all need to make a living, but what happened to honesty ?

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information