2010 G6 Coupe Changes I'd Like To See....

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 G6 Coupe Changes I'd Like To See....

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC ConcordeNick's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow 2010 G6 Coupe Changes I'd Like To See....

Ok. If someone at Pontiac cares and wants me to remain a Pontiac loyalist/customer..... please consider this:

1> Give the interior a redesign and upgrade the quality of the materials used. The stereo and HVAC controls need to be replaced by something similar to the Malibu/Aura. The Malibu and Aura are lightyears ahead of what is offered in the G6 yet the G6 is the sister car to the other two.

2> Offer Pacific Slate Metallic from the G8 as a colour choice. This is a gorgeous colour and I'd love to have a G6 coupe in this colour with the taupe leather interior.

3> Do something about the nose on the car. The basic nose on the G6 GT coupe is fine. The street edition is hideous. Same thing for the GXP. If I want the other goodies in the Street Edition package such as Stabilitrack or the 18" wheels and tires, why do I have to put up with that gross nose? Do NOT listen to any more "rappers" and use them as consultants for your vehicles. The whale tail spoiler and buck toothed nose is hideous. The car looked much better without them. Same thing goes for the ugly hood scoops on the optional hood.

4> Body coloured mirrors should be standard across the line.

5> Climate control should be standard for both GT and GXP coupes.

6> A 6 speed automatic transmission needs to be standard on both GT and GXP coupe models.

Nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) wescoent's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,722 Times in 999 Posts

Re: 2010 G6 Coupe Changes I'd Like To See....

Quote Originally Posted by ConcordeNick View Post
    Ok. If someone at Pontiac cares and wants me to remain a Pontiac loyalist/customer..... please consider this:

1> Give the interior a redesign and upgrade the quality of the materials used. The stereo and HVAC controls need to be replaced by something similar to the Malibu/Aura. The Malibu and Aura are lightyears ahead of what is offered in the G6 yet the G6 is the sister car to the other two.

2> Offer Pacific Slate Metallic from the G8 as a colour choice. This is a gorgeous colour and I'd love to have a G6 coupe in this colour with the taupe leather interior.

3> Do something about the nose on the car. The basic nose on the G6 GT coupe is fine. The street edition is hideous. Same thing for the GXP. If I want the other goodies in the Street Edition package such as Stabilitrack or the 18" wheels and tires, why do I have to put up with that gross nose? Do NOT listen to any more "rappers" and use them as consultants for your vehicles. The whale tail spoiler and buck toothed nose is hideous. The car looked much better without them. Same thing goes for the ugly hood scoops on the optional hood.

4> Body coloured mirrors should be standard across the line.

5> Climate control should be standard for both GT and GXP coupes.

6> A 6 speed automatic transmission needs to be standard on both GT and GXP coupe models.

Nick
    1) Interiors cost money... GM has bigger problems than the G6

2) Easier said than done... G8 is built in Australia, and uses the Australian paint shop

3) Agreed... there's no reason

4) Agreed

5) No climate control? You mean AUTOMATIC climate control? If this isn't standard on Buick, why Pontiac?

6) Agreed.
    "They say Eve tempted Adam with an apple, but man I ain't goin' for that. I know it was her pink Cadillac!"

Thanks

Just saw a picture from a GM broadcast we just had- they showed and all new front fascia that looks sweet and it also said (did not see) a "refined, updated interior".

Mid 09 Model year.
    The front looked great tho!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wescoent View Post
    1) Interiors cost money... GM has bigger problems than the G6

2) Easier said than done... G8 is built in Australia, and uses the Australian paint shop

3) Agreed... there's no reason

4) Agreed

5) No climate control? You mean AUTOMATIC climate control? If this isn't standard on Buick, why Pontiac?

6) Agreed.

I could live without automatic climate control....but....give it nicer looking and feeling knobs. At least, make the AUTOMATIC climate control optional on the G6 GT.

Nick

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tirediron View Post
    Just saw a picture from a GM broadcast we just had- they showed and all new front fascia that looks sweet and it also said (did not see) a "refined, updated interior".

Mid 09 Model year.

AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see it for myself. The seats are fine but the dash and controls need a makeover.

Nick

Thanks

I agree! Me and my wife are on her 2nd one, and I've been selling the same car for 4 years now!

Thanks

I believe the that the GXP and last years GTP both came with automatic climate control, though I would like to see them add dual zone, since that is already avaiable on the Aura and Malibu.

I would like to see them drop the base mode with the rental grade cloth and the plastic hubcaps, or at least make it a fleet only vehicle.

Make the GT the base retail model available, though with the 2.4 litre and 6 speed automatic as the base motor, I think that there is missed opportunity in not offering the coupe with the 2.4 litre engine in todays enviroment, I see a good number of new Accord EX coupes on the road with just the 4 cylinder, there is a market for people who would like a midsize 2 door car that looks sporty, but has a 4 cylinder and gets good gas miliage, and I would offer the optional 3.6 DOHC HF engine to replace the 3500 V6,(like Chevrolet does with the LT Malibu, where you can get the same car with either a 4 or a 6) and I also agree with canning the disgusting "street edition" and the awful GXP grilles, gut make the 2007 GTP into the GXP, a taste full looking car, or even better, get rid of the GXP's current nastiness and drop a DI 3.6 making 290hp into the GXP, that would get some attention.

Banned
    Thanks

I'd like to see it discontinued all together,it's been a bland disaster from the concept stage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MCGARRETT View Post
    ...though I would like to see them add dual zone, since that is already avaiable on the Aura and Malibu.
    Dual zone climate control, manual or automatic, is not/has not been available on the Aura or Malibu. All Malibu LTZ models and Aura XR V6/Hybrid models have single-zone automatic climate control standard.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Chevy Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by autofan View Post
    Dual zone climate control, manual or automatic, is not/has not been available on the Aura or Malibu. All Malibu LTZ models and Aura XR V6/Hybrid models have single-zone automatic climate control standard.
    hmm, I would guess that most people would assuse it is because it's upgraded...
    just saying I can see where the confusion would be

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Shrink the G8 down to G6 size and call it a day.

If only it were that easy

Thanks

G6 is actually a very, very big seller. Sorry. Not a failure or whatever. It's just it natural time for some updates and upgrades.

Also Simply an FYI, Auto Climate control is standard on GXP and available with the Sport Package on the Convertible.

Thanks

Smile Re: 2010 G6 Coupe Changes I'd Like To See....

I don't care if it is single zone or dual zone climate control.... automatic climate control should be available on all models. Can't wait to see the new interior.

Nick

Thanks

Question Re: 2010 G6 Coupe Changes I'd Like To See....

Quote Originally Posted by tirediron View Post

Mid 09 Model year.
    Is there any way you could get a picture out so we could see what the new front fascia looks like?

Nick

Thanks

I dont think so not right now. Wish I could see it again myself! It was on the broadcast earlier havent seen it online yet at all.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information