Volvo 240 off roading.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Volvo 240 off roading.

Thanks
    My Ride
    See Sig

Volvo 240 off roading.

Hey everyone,

Thought you might enjoy seeing my friend Pete's Volvo 240 doing some offloading. This past Sunday we went to this abandoned community known as Street Patterns. They built up some roads but never any houses or anything else, so it is pretty overgrown, and people have made ATV trails, etc. in it. Anyways, the group comprised of my room-mates Ranger (I was riding shotgun), Pete's Volvo 240, and another guy we know brought his Dakota. When the camera is in the Volvo one of my other roommates is filming, and a friend of ours is filming from the back seat of the Ranger when the camera is there.

Its pretty funny to see the Volvo sedan going on trails and stuff almost as well as two pickups.

Heres the link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0+Ranger&hl=en

Sorry for the quality, the non-hosted version ended up being much higher quality, but once it was hosted it came out crappier.

We were talking back and forth with walkie-talkies between the cars so sometimes the dialogue seems repetitive and generally annoying/embarrassing but oh well.

At around 6:45 and 6:53 in the video (my room mate repeated it and tried to zoom in to get it to be more visible) its hard to see, but the Ranger got enough air to knock the radio all the way out of the dash.
    Last edited by Cphelps; 01-23-2007 at 01:36 PM.
    Current:
    2000 Corvette Convertible MN6 - Summer DD (CAI, LS6 intake mani, cam, valve springs, 25% UD Pulley, LT headers/X-pipe, C5Z06 Ti catback, C6Z51 anti-sway bars w/ custom heim joint end links, C6Z51 dampers, LG tunnel plate, Nitto NT05s)
    2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT - Winter & Utility
    2013 Chevrolet Tahoe LT Z71
    1995 BMW M3 5 spd - Track toy
    1998 Honda VFR800FI
    2005 Fleetwood Prowler 28' Travel Trailer
    Wife:
    2018 Silverado CC NHT

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TiburonJT's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Ford Focus SE 5-Door 5MT

Re: Volvo 240 off roading.

That reminds me of my days of off-roading in a 1985 Mazda GLC, although where I used to go it was sandier and sometimes quite muddy, so we had to be careful not to get stuck. I'd much rather stick to driving trucks off road because they're much less limited, but it was still fun with the car.

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Volvo 240 off roading.

Looks like that was a blast!! Wish I could do that now, but I care for my baby!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information