Self-Driving KFC Vans Is Peak 2020

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Self-Driving KFC Vans Is Peak 2020

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Accord Coupe' V6 6spd

carbuzz.com
    Nov. 25, 2020
    By: Michael Butler

It was almost inevitable that 2020 would draw to a close with autonomous chicken delivery.

As the coronavirus epidemic continues to sweep across the globe, people have become used to contactless services, and the food industry, in particular, has had to reevaluate the way in which it delivers food to customers, especially those stuck at home. Chinese companies Neolix and Yum Brands, which owns KFC in the country might have come up with the perfect solution: self-driving cars. While cars such as the Tesla Model S offer self-driving capabilities, level 5 autonomous driving is still out of reach for most manufacturers, and Mercedes-Benz, one of the world's leading manufacturers has even pulled out of the race with its S-Class citing that it is costing the company too much money. But can you really put a price on deep-fried chicken?

Contactless chicken from the Colonel is now a reality in parts of China. These little drumsticks-on-wheels act as mini KFC restaurants. Last month, news broke that Neolix and Yum had started work on a driverless food delivery service with KFC and Pizza Hut being the main beneficiaries of this new service, and it turns out that Colonel burgers and chicken strips have taken priority over pizza pies. These little self-driving pods have also been used in the great crusade to disinfect the streets of Chinese cities.
    Would you like to know more?
    "I do not care about inequality because I'm not envious. I care about poverty."

Apostrophes: Hidden Content

Spelling: Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Accord Coupe' V6 6spd

Re: Self-Driving KFC Vans Is Peak 2020

Meh. Maybe if it was MackDonalds, Taco Bell, or Long John Slivers along with some kind of drink dispensing action.
    "I do not care about inequality because I'm not envious. I care about poverty."

Apostrophes: Hidden Content

Spelling: Hidden Content

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Sierra

Not a bad idea, though I'm not a fan of KFC chicken.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,709 Times in 982 Posts

I don't know why, when I saw these KFC van, some politically incorrect jokes about KFC came to my mind.

Thanks

As the coronavirus epidemic continues to sweep across the globe, people have become used to contactless services, and the food industry, in particular, has had to reevaluate the way in which it delivers food to customers, especially those stuck at home. Chinese companies Neelix and Yum Brands , which owns KFC in the country might have come up with the perfect solution: self-driving cars. While cars such as the Tesla Model S offer self-driving capabilities, level 5 autonomous driving is still out of reach for most manufacturers, and Mercedes-Benz, one of the world's leading manufacturers has even pulled out of the race with its S-Class citing that it is costing the company too much money. But can you really put a price on deep-fried chicken?

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information