Samurai's Return? Suzuki SX4 Review - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samurai's Return? Suzuki SX4 Review

Thanks

Re: Samurai's Return? Suzuki SX4 Review

Quote Originally Posted by kenman923
    The Samurai, don't forget, had rollover issues.
    With apologies to anyone fond of the Samurai, having ridden in one I think it was a complete piece of crap. Then again, my '90 Tracker didn't last too long, although while it did it was a really fun vehicle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 2014 White

suzuki has some nice cars finally... to bad no one knows about them

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC RAVEN05649's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevecmh
    suzuki has some nice cars finally... to bad no one knows about them

True dat!! I saw one the other day and had to do a double take. I completely agree with TaHoe that he SX4 is a handsome rig. The price ain't bad at 14999 either.
    Future GM cars: Camaro, Suburban

Current GM car:

Previous GM cars: '92 Chevy Caprice SW, '85 Chevy Blazer, '86 Camaro, '84 Caprice Classic, '79 Buick Regal, '94 Pontiac Transport, '94 Pontiac Grand Am, '96 Buick Century, 02 Buick Rendezvous

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 SonicAerio's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenman923
    The Samurai, don't forget, had rollover issues.
    But that was reported by the same Consumer Guide that everyone here distrusts and hates because of their lies and bias on GM vehicles

You should see a video on the testing you can hear the tester saying he is going to get a wheel off....not to mention when consumer reports did the testing they tested the samurai 2x more(a total of 40+ courses) more then the rodeo and I think blazer they were testing on the same day - not to mention adjusted the track...and even with all this thei got A wheel off the ground only one time

So you be the judge - not to mention I find it weird that Europe and the rest of the world continued to sell them for years after and they have stricter laws

Alot of people considered the testing a conspiricy paid for by larger companies because it was a threat to the status quo - I mean who else in the early 90's had a compact SUV that had good gas milege and can seriously offroad for under 13k? Suzuki sold over 89,000 of them on the year before Consumer guide published their "tests" then the sales droped to less then 15,000 scaring Suzuki's name and sales in America even up till now....Which I find interesting....because if that didn't happen the Suzuki name would of probably grew faster and they could have been near where Hyundai or Kia are in the states now....

I have even been told by reps that after the incident it also made Suzuki less adventurous in the models they introduced to the states, which explains the mediocraty for the most part for the past 7 years. they were just playing it safe....suprising how the case ended about a couple years ago and were starting to see more daring and exciting models

The SX4 is a nice car and seeing it in person reminds me of the Aerio but with better styling and awd....but to correct the article it currently is replacing the Aerio SX crossover and not the sedan...the sedan will be replaced nexter year with a sedan version fo the SX4
    Last edited by SonicAerio; 01-04-2007 at 11:40 AM.

doh
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 doh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    Gotta love the turqouise paint job and pink "scribble" vinyl graphics...

I am not sure it will ever have the cult following of the Samurai as far as off roaders go. Even my GEO Tracker cannot go the places they can go with their SFA

GMI Contributor Premium Member Ming's Avatar
    Thanks

The thing I love about this i-AWD setup is that it is standard in the base price, and is more advanced than many AWD systems you've had to shell out a couple of grand for in the past. The standard feature list is incredibly rich when you look at it in detail for the Sport model and the price. That, and you can turn it off most of the time to keep fuel economy high.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information