GM Inside News Forum banner

PICS: Saw a SKY today!

2K views 29 replies 27 participants last post by  Gm786 
#1 ·

Everyone use to give me such a hard time because I would report how I saw all these different vehicles, and why I didn't take pictures, etc etc. Well the reason was I didn't know how to use my camera phone. But, with help from Buick61 (;)), I now know how to......

Anyway, I was at a 4-way stop today, and a Sky turned right in front of me. This is the first SKY I've seen on the road, I've seen about 25 Solstice's so far. Anyway, looked like a woman in her 50's was driving it. Let me tell you, she was booking it! She was going a constant 75 mph the whole way down the road. Finally, we got up to another 4-way, and I was hoping she would turn left, because I was turning right, so I could get some pics while we were stopped. Turned out she was going the same was I was. I clicked open my phone, and took a few shots. This is the only one that turned out good. About 2 seconds later, she whips into a bar.

Either she is an alcoholic who drinks at 2:30 in the afternoon, or she was trying to loose me. ;)

I know it's no big deal, but I thought you guys would enjoy. :D

See less See more
#12 ·
I agree with everybody else on the vehicle's road presence. They look like quite the mean little machines while rolling. I can't wait to see a Sky on the road! (other than in pictures that is)

-Chase

#13 ·
I drove one dark green and black top....really like the car, except the seating position sucks enough to make me not want to buy one. i wrote a whole mini-writeup on it in the sky thread about the ones being built and the pics of the yellow one. its in there, read it and give me feedback if you've driven a kappa solstice/sky...CobaltSScrazy

#16 ·
Sweet! Awesome catch!

I've only seen 1 Solstice driving around (though seen them at the dealership), and have yet to see a Sky.

#18 ·
Guess I'm lucky, my neighbor has a sky parked in his driveway (black one). Been in & out for the past week. He's a GM exec, gets all the cars before they hit the dealerships. Saw the Solstice early on and saw the new Tahoe just after Thanksgiving.

#23 ·
I haven't seen a single one of these cars, which is disappointing to me since they are one of the first products from GM in a long time that actually make me say wow outloud.
The Sky looks great whereas I think the Solstice is so-so. Ever since I read that it looked like an electric razor with that grille, it has never recovered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.