Need info on Malibu Maxx

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Need info on Malibu Maxx

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TiburonJT's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Ford Focus SE 5-Door 5MT

Need info on Malibu Maxx

I have a friend looking for a 2004 or 2005 Malibu Maxx. So, in particular, I'd like to hear from owners about what you like and dislike about the vehicle and anyone else about common problems. Any other input is appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by TiburonJT; 01-23-2007 at 08:19 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: Need info on Malibu Maxx

I'm proud to say that I love my '04 Maxx. It has been problem-free. The 3.5 runs tough. The in-console DVD player has been a Godsend on long trips (33 mpg avg). The interior is cavernous.
    On the flip-side, the styling that seemed cool at first looks really dated to me now. Interior materials are holding up nicely but are cheap. Electric steering blows;bad idea.
    Overall I am way leaning to the positive side. Good luck!

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

I bought my 2005 used, and after 6 months and 8000 miles (car currently has 20,000 miles), I'm very happy with it. No problems at all except for a taillight bulb that needed adjusting in it's socket a couple times (did this myself).

It's a very easy car to live with. Comfortable ride, fairly quiet, good mileage and visibility, huge back seat. I don't have any real problems with the steering either. It's set up a little soft for great handling (after owning an Intrigue for 5 years), but the tires are partially to blame and easily replaceable.

And these cars are screamin' deals 1-2 years old. For the money I paid, I could have had a Civic or Corolla that was 1-2 years older with 3 times as many miles. No thanks. I heartily recommend the Maxx.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by MelvinJ
    And these cars are screamin' deals 1-2 years old. For the money I paid, I could have had a Civic or Corolla that was 1-2 years older with 3 times as many miles. No thanks. I heartily recommend the Maxx.
    They are great deals! She wants a hatchback or wagon type vehicle because of her dog, so her options are more limited. I think she is leaning toward a Maxx or Focus, although she has also looked at the Fit and Scion Xa.

Thanks

Maxx is a great car. They have a ton of room in them...

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Old Dood's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TiburonJT
    They are great deals! She wants a hatchback or wagon type vehicle because of her dog, so her options are more limited. I think she is leaning toward a Maxx or Focus, although she has also looked at the Fit and Scion Xa.
    I like the Maxx. Sad they are killing it. I suppose the HHR is it's replacement. The Maxx is more useful and better looking to me anyways then the sedan Malibu.
    TRY to Think Outside of the Box!
    Dag-Nab-It! I missed the thread titled:"Woman Kicked Off Train After 16-hour Cell Phone Chat"Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride

It looks like she'll be buying a 2005 Maxx. She hasn't decided which one yet, but she likes them a lot. Thanks for all the comments above.

Dood: I also like the Maxx better than the Malibu sedan. I'm not a big fan of the pre-2006 front end, but it is a nice package overall.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Canyonaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't have a Maxx but the Sedan, and I love mine. It may have a little bland styling here and their but it is a great car. I consistently get higher then EPA mpg, the engine is nice and strong, and has been basically problem free.
    Willy (from the Simpsons): Willy hears ya. Willy don't care.

Обладание Тойотой не плохо, только все те люди, которые ведут тот, думая это как Aмериканец.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

I have a friend looking for a 2004 or 2005 Malibu Maxx. So, in particular, I'd like to hear from owners about what you like and dislike about the vehicle and anyone else about common problems. Any other input is appreciated. Thanks!
    they're alot of bang for the buck, we have an 06 29k adv for 13,9 just to give you an idea of what they are going for in okc.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by redlipp
    they're alot of bang for the buck, we have an 06 29k adv for 13,9 just to give you an idea of what they are going for in okc.
    I would get an '06 if I were looking, but she has found a lot of '05s w/ about 20K miles for about 12-13K, which is a good deal.

Thanks

I would get an '06 if I were looking, but she has found a lot of '05s w/ about 20K miles for about 12-13K, which is a good deal.
    sounds like a bargain, good luck with it if that is what she decides, it's a good way to buy, most of those were 20k cars.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information