I am not a GM guy anymore-I'm a GM and Ford guy.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am not a GM guy anymore-I'm a GM and Ford guy.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 'Vette Dude's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not a GM guy anymore-I'm a GM and Ford guy.

I will put it like this: I am not exclusively a GM guy anymore. I now like Ford too. With GM going into the toilet right now, it's nice to know that Ford will probably still make it. Ford and GM both prove that America can make competent cars, and I wish the best to each. If GM goes Cp 11, I know I still have Ford to have confidence in. I will never leave GM, but Ford gives me hope while GM does bad. As somebody in another thread says, "Toyota is going for the kill" to take over the car market with advertising-something GM hasn't done competently for years. Ford meanwhile is doing everything it can to hold off Toyota, and I am rooting for our American Allies in Ford. Ford has very competent advertising, especially for the Fusion-the car that can can really blow Camry out of the water.

Don't get me wrong-cars like the AURA and Malibu can beat the Camry too, but they are only slightly ahead of the the Camry. The Fusion is light-years ahead of the Camry, with anybody who has any eyes can see. The only problem is the Toyota brainwash. The Fusion, with good advertising, can pry away any import customer with the balls to leave their Toyota appliances. I am hoping that the 2012 Malibu and 2010 LaCrosse can do the same.
    The hybrid Fusion is even better. Any brainwashed greenie can easily buy a Fusion hybrid over a Camry hybrid based upon the better MPG. I really hope that this happens.

In the end, I am fully rooting for Ford, a glimmer of hope in rough times for GM.
    2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    2008 Saturn Aura 3.5
    2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4T

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: I am not a GM guy anymore-I'm a GM and Ford guy.

I am not very good at rants, but I tried. Hope my point got across.
    2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    2008 Saturn Aura 3.5
    2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4T

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,551 Times in 1,018 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

GM will be stronger than ever and ford makes some fine products.

There is no reason to only be a GM guy..

Buy what you like.

i dig the technology on the new Taurus SHO and the upcoming ford fiesta...

one of the two should be the first domestics with a dual clutch sequential transmission..

Great technology and all cars should have this available.

That said..? The SHO didn't wow me in person like I thought it would (from the photos) and the Fiesta this year wasn't half as exciting as last years show car fiesta at the NY Auto show..

Mustangs cool but second to the camaro..

I think its important to buy the car you like in the market segment your shopping.

The Fusion is a cool looking ride and certainly better than the camry.. IMO
    although I like the new Malibu better than either of them..
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar jmlee0695's Avatar
    Thanks

How is the Fusion (other than hybrid and fuel economy) light years better than camry? its debatable if its even better than a Malibu
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "I used to drive a Toyota, I gave it to my mother-in-law"

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

That was quite the rant. Seriously, I'm with you. I don't know that Ford's got it any more together, but I do wish their non cheap ass Mexican made products well. I've never liked more than one or two Chrysler made products.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 96_impala_ss's Avatar
    Thanks

I am an American and I support my American Car brands for better or worse.
    I am patiently waiting for 5/1/09 - The final day for a decision on Chrysler, I am hurt by the death of Pontiac, and I like Mustangs as well as Camaros (Yes i would buy both and what?)

Like I said in another post, I appreciate American and German cars, Korean is disposable, Japanese is putt putt car central. The other brands are out of my price range or keep changing hands I wouldnt have too much trust in them (Jaguar, Land Rover)
    Hidden Content

The price of having hope is sometimes disappointment, but the price of having no hope is always failure - Immortal Technique

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,548 Times in 1,355 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

Nothing wrong with that! Ford's doing a hell of a good job lately, no doubt about it. I'm proud to consider myself a Ford supporter as well as a GM supporter.

Chrysler...not sure what the hell you boys are doing...but at least you're American...
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Kennyboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Well at least your'e supporting local manufactures with the local supplier base. Whether it be GM or Ford or Tesla, at least it's American.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 645 Posts

Yeah, I'm a Ford guy too.

Maybe if GM goes under they can pick up the small block V8 some kind of way.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys don't seem to understand what Chapter 11 means. It doesn't mean the company will disappear...

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jmlee0695 View Post
    How is the Fusion (other than hybrid and fuel economy) light years better than camry? its debatable if its even better than a Malibu
    I'm not so high on the Fusion bandwagon as I was after finding out that the 34 MPG on the 4-cylinder is basically a fluke (only the base, base model). The fuel economy on the mainstream Fusions is far from best-in-class and that is an issue. The car is better than the Malibu, but it is also 2 years newer.

I've always been open to buying GM or Ford (obviously, see signature) and that will continue for me. Both companies are pumping out some excellent product right now, it's just that Ford is more financially sound and (more importantly) riding a HUGE PR wave. I'll be the first to say that times are going to get rougher for GM fans. Chapter 11 is likely and more hell is going to break lose with that.

As GM fans, I think there are three things to note right now:

1. The steps being taken are needed. It's not like GM wanted to shed half its brands in 12 months. We have to remember that these steps, even if it means Chapter 11, are going to make GM (FINALLY) financially viable. In which case the company will FINALLY be able to focus on their core business; the manufacturing of automobiles. Also note that Chapter 11 WILL NOT LEAD TO THE DEMISE OF GM, not even a chance of it.

2. Today's media is full of BS most of the time, take it all with a grain of salt. Every day some article comes out that is either an Editorial piece taken as news or something that is based on hearsay rumors from industry people (see Opel rumors regarding loud-mouth Fiat). Seriously, form your opinion of GM around your own research, not the media. If you believe every word the media throws out on GM, you'll be buying a Camry out of spite.

3. The trying time has yet to come. I'd advise GM fans to hang in there for now. Why? This business crap is not why we're GM fans. Yes we take interest in it, but we're not fans because 468 companies make up General Motors Corporation or because GM needs $11 Billion in cash to keep the lights on every day. We're GM fans because of the product. So far product hasn't taken an immediate hit (see: Camaro, Terrain, LaCrosse, etc.). The QUESTION is WILL product take a hit after this mess (and now that Lutz is gone). If it does, I assure you I'll be calling them out on it and so should all GM fans. Until then, lets just sit back and see this financial **** through.

That's my theory anyway.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 BrickTamland's Avatar
    Thanks

It is okay to like more than one car company. Lemme give you a little bit of ole BrickTamland history:

I used to be a complete, die-hard Ford fan. I loved all their vehicles irrationally. I even tried to defend the Pinto. This obsession developed when I was about 11 to 13 years old.

My fervor cooled down as I matured, and I appreciated cars from other manufacturers more often. I am now a car fan, in general. Sure, there are vehicle I do not care for very much - Hummer, for example - but I like cars from many companies. Some companies I like a lot, others do not really do much for me, but I do not dislike them. Kia is an example of that - nothing in their lineupo spikes my punch, but I appreciate their efforts.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Current: Galaxy Gray 2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring
    Former: Super Black 2003 Nissan Maxima SE
    Brilliant Blue Metallic 1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fp115 View Post
    You guys don't seem to understand what Chapter 11 means. It doesn't mean the company will disappear...
    I know. But is does carry lots of negative press which Ford won't go through.
    2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    2008 Saturn Aura 3.5
    2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4T

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmlee0695 View Post
    That is your bias. I am not biased between GM and Ford like I used to be. I see cars the way they are-and the Fusion beats the Malibu IMO.
    Last edited by 'Vette Dude; 04-29-2009 at 08:23 PM.
    2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    2008 Saturn Aura 3.5
    2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4T

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Vette Dude View Post
    I know. But is does carry lots of negative press which Ford won't go through.
    Whats to say it won't go through it? The chances of Ford having any success diminishes as Chrysler declares bankruptcy protection and even more as GM declares it.

Most of the analysts have agreed that one of the Detroit 3 in bankruptcy will render trouble to the entire industry, have the both of them and it will only be worse. Even GS has said that Ford will begin to see issues if GM were to file Chapter 11 and would likely be closer to not being able to have enough liquidity for the year.

Until Ford has turned around the company, it will continue to have bad press. The company is far from turned around.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information